myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
who is Jimmy Carter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there should be a few more right wingers going to prison for the rest of their lives and or theuir families losing all money from them . we can not reward criminals like tis that made american hostages stay captured for longer than they should have even one day. These who did this were are traitors like basically all altra right wing republican.

americans died trying to save these hostages which was caused by ultra partisan right wingers.

Also note the guy running CNN knew about this and never went public...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/reagan-allies-schemed-to-delay-u-s-hostages-freedom-to-sabotage-carter-alleged-witness-says/ar-AA18NQpI?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=bcf1fee62b814e189a6674ea84424f36&ei=47

[size=20]Reagan Allies Schemed to Delay U.S. Hostages’ Freedom to Sabotage Carter, Alleged Witness Says

[size=20][b]Ben Barnes, a former Texas politician, is claiming he witnessed a plot to sabotage the reelection of President Jimmy Carter in 1980 by delaying the release of U.S. hostages in Iran. His stunning admission was reported by The New York Times on Saturday.

The hostage crisis in Iran blighted Carter’s presidency and his reelection campaign, and, with the hostages still unreleased on Election Day 1980, the incumbent lost badly to Ronald Reagan. In the four-plus decades since, many have argued he’d have fared far better had he secured the release of the 52 Americans held captive.

But Barnes told The Times that his mentor, former Texas governor John B. Connally Jr., was determined to not let that happen — and helped prevent the hostages’ release. Barnes says that summer, Connally brought him to several Middle Eastern capitals to convince the respective regional leaders to tell Iran that they would get a better deal from Republican nominee Ronald Reagan if they held the hostages until after the election. That is precisely what happened.

After they returned home from their trip, Barnes said that Connally briefed the chairman of Reagan’s campaign, William J. Casey, who later became the director of the Central Intelligence Agency. (Barnes’ account does not include any indication that Reagan knew anything about their trip.)

Known as the “October surprise,” many have suspected that someone close to Reagan’s camp was working against Carter’s efforts to free the hostages until after the election, but congressional investigations did not confirm those theories, and Connally was not a subject of those queries. Connally had sought the Republican nomination that Reagan ultimately won. His helping thwart Carter’s campaign, Barnes said, helped him make a case for becoming secretary of state or defense with a new administration.

[b]Barnes — who served as speaker of the Texas House of Representatives and lieutenant governor, and who also helped George W. Bush get into the Texas Air National Guard — said he wanted to set the record straight, given that Carter is in hospice care. “History needs to know what happened,” he said. “I think it’s so significant and I guess knowing that the end is near for President Carter put it on my mind more and more and more. I just feel like we’ve got to get it down some way.”

While several of the players who could corroborate Barnes account have died — including Connally and Casey — Barnes named four people whom he had confided in about the meetings. All four — Mark K. Updegrove, president of the L.B.J. Foundation; Tom Johnson, a former aide to Lyndon Johnson (no relation) who later became publisher of the Los Angeles Times and president of CNN; Larry Temple, a former aide to Connally and Lyndon Johnson; and H.W. Brands, a University of Texas historian — confirmed with The Times that Barnes had shared his story with them.

“As far as I know, Ben never has lied to me,” Tom Johnson said. Other evidence backing up his account is also out there, including Brands having wrote three paragraphs about Barnes’ account in a 2015 biography of Reagan, though it didn’t receive much attention, and records at Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum show Connally left on a trip from Houston on July 18, 1980 to visit Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Israel and returned on Aug. 11 — Barnes was listed as joining him.

Barnes told The Times he was certain the motivation for the trip was to deliver the message to Iran to hold the hostages until after the election. “I’ll go to my grave believing that it was the purpose of the trip,” Barnes said. “It wasn’t freelancing because Casey was so interested in hearing as soon as we got back to the United States.” Casey, he added, wanted to know whether “they were going to hold the hostages.”

Barnes could not confirm whether the messages to the regional leaders were actually delivered to Iran or if they had any influence. Iran held the hostages until after the election. They were released shortly after noon on Jan. 20, 1981, in the opening minutes of Reagan’s presidency.

John B. Connally III, the former governor’s eldest son, disagreed with Barnes’ account, telling The Times that he recalled his father taking the Middle Eastern trip, but that he did not know of any messages to Iran and that he had accompanied his father to a meeting with Reagan to discuss the visit.

“No mention was made in any meeting I was in about any message being sent to the Iranians,” said Connally. “It doesn’t sound like my dad.” He added: “I can’t challenge Ben’s memory about it, but it’s not consistent with my memory of the trip.”[/quote]

wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always knew the fix was in!!!
real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jimmy-carter-enjoying-ice-cream-and-meeting-with-family-members-3-months-into-hospice-care-his-grandson-reveals-good-as-it-can-be/ar-AA1bDRwO?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=e154e1d2e6e14693b633f72a24401a37&ei=10

Jimmy Carter Enjoying Ice Cream and Meeting With Family Members 3 Months Into Hospice Care, His Grandson Reveals: 'Good as It Can Be'

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://millercenter.org/the-presidency/presidential-speeches/november-8-1977-address-nation-energy
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is nothing but pure hate from trump... One would think he would wish condolences on the death of a formers presidents wife or shut up for a day. But no this pitiful in-human pedophile,convicected sexual assaulter is just gas lighting more. True republican values as you do not see republicans outraged do ya...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-mocks-jimmy-carter-s-presidency-day-after-rosalynn-carter-entered-hospice-care/ar-AA1kbvrZ?ocid=winp2fptaskbar&cvid=5f5a4aa09bd64bc6b7ee08f2f8241264&ei=54

Donald Trump mocks Jimmy Carter's presidency day after Rosalynn Carter entered hospice care

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump mocked former President Jimmy Carter at an event in Iowa on Saturday, one day after the Carter family publicly confirmed former first lady Rosalynn Carter has entered hospice care.

Trump, criticizing Biden at a rally in Fort Dodge, Iowa, told a crowd of supporters that “the happiest person anywhere in this country right now is Jimmy Carter because his administration looked brilliant compared to these clowns.”

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

“Compared to Biden, Jimmy Carter was a brilliant, brilliant president,” Trump said.
The Carter Center announced last week that the former first lady entered hospice care, which is typically provided to patients who choose to no longer receive treatment towards the end of their life. Jimmy Carter entered hospice care in February, and the Carter family confirmed in May that Rosalynn Carter had been diagnosed with dementia.

Jason Carter, the Carters’ grandson and chairman of the Carter Center’s Board of Trustees, told USA TODAY earlier this year that the couple remains together and in love has they face health challenges.

“They are together. They are at home. They're in love, and I don't think anyone gets more than that. I mean, it's a perfect situation for this time in their lives,” he said.

Jason Carter added that, while his grandfather faces “really significant physical challenges,” but he does spend time watching baseball games and seeing family “almost every day.”

“They're both doing as well as can be expected,” he said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: