myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
trump wants hate to prevail in america. Elevates lawlessness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/13/us/politics/trump-irs-investigations.html?action=click&algo=bandit-all-surfaces-variants-shadow-lda-unique-time-cutoff-30&alpha=0.05&block=trending_recirc&fellback=false&imp_id=639111021&impression_id=36d20b19-645b-11ed-8a66-2b187e72a9c1&index=1&pgtype=Article&pool=pool%2F91fcf81c-4fb0-49ff-bd57-a24647c85ea1&region=footer&req_id=393169718&shadow_vec_sim=0.6410037533262962&surface=eos-most-popular-story&variant=0_bandit-eng30s-shadow-lda-unique

Trump Wanted I.R.S. Investigations of Foes, Top Aide Says

Quote:
While in office, President Donald J. Trump repeatedly told John F. Kelly, his second White House chief of staff, that he wanted a number of his perceived political enemies to be investigated by the Internal Revenue Service, Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly, who was chief of staff from July 2017 through the end of 2018, said in response to questions from The New York Times that Mr. Trump’s demands were part of a broader pattern of him trying to use the Justice Department and his authority as president against people who had been critical of him, including seeking to revoke the security clearances of former top intelligence officials.

Mr. Kelly said that among those Mr. Trump said “we ought to investigate” and “get the I.R.S. on” were the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey and his deputy, Andrew G. McCabe. His account of Mr. Trump’s desires to use the I.R.S. against his foes comes after the revelation by The Times this summer that Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe had both been selected for a rare and highly intrusive audit by the tax agency in the years after Mr. Kelly left the White House.

Mr. Trump has said he knows nothing about the audits. The I.R.S. has asked its inspector general to investigate, and officials have insisted the two men were selected randomly for the audits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Continue reading the main story

Mr. Kelly said he made clear to Mr. Trump that there were serious legal and ethical issues with what he wanted. He said that despite the president’s expressed desires to have Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe investigated by the I.R.S., he believes that he led Mr. Trump during his tenure as chief of staff to forgo trying to have such investigations conducted.

After Mr. Kelly left the administration, Mr. Comey was informed in 2019 that his 2017 returns were being audited, and Mr. McCabe learned in 2021 that his 2019 returns were being audited. At the time both audits occurred, the I.R.S. was led by a Trump political appointee.

Mr. Trump regularly made his demands in response to news reports in which he thought his perceived enemies made him look bad. The president would carry on about having them investigated to the point that Mr. Kelly thought he needed to tell the president that what he wanted was highly problematic, explaining, in sometimes heated conversations, that what Mr. Trump wanted was not just potentially illegal and immoral but also could blow back on him.

Mr. Trump would eventually let the idea go, Mr. Kelly said, but during subsequent outbursts about his enemies he would again bring up his desires to have them investigated.

Throughout Mr. Trump’s presidency he regularly, in both public and private, ranted about Mr. Comey, whom Mr. Trump had fired in May 2017, and Mr. McCabe, who played a leading role in the investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Mr. Kelly said that along with Mr. Comey and Mr. McCabe, Mr. Trump discussed using the I.R.S. and the Justice Department to investigate the former C.I.A. director John O. Brennan; Hillary Clinton; Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon and the owner of The Washington Post, whose coverage often angered Mr. Trump; Peter Strzok, the lead F.B.I. agent on the Russia investigation; and Lisa Page, an F.B.I. official who exchanged text messages with Mr. Strzok that were critical of Mr. Trump.

What to Know About the Trump Investigations
Card 1 of 6
Numerous inquiries. Since leaving office, former President Donald J. Trump has been facing several investigations into his business dealings and political activities. Here is a look at some notable cases:

Classified documents inquiry. The F.B.I. searched Mr. Trump’s Florida home as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into his handling of classified materials. The inquiry is focused on documents that Mr. Trump had brought with him to Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence, when he left the White House.

Jan. 6 investigations. In a series of public hearings, the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack laid out a comprehensive narrative of Mr. Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election. This evidence could allow federal prosecutors, who are conducting a parallel criminal investigation, to indict Mr. Trump.

Georgia election interference case. Fani T. Willis, the Atlanta-area district attorney, has been leading a wide-ranging criminal investigation into the efforts of Mr. Trump and his allies to overturn his 2020 election loss in Georgia. This case could pose the most immediate legal peril for the former president and his associates.

New York State’s civil case. Letitia James, the New York attorney general, has accused Mr. Trump, his family business and his three adult children of lying to lenders and insurers, fraudulently inflating the value of his assets. The allegations, included in a sweeping lawsuit, are the culmination of a yearslong civil investigation.

Manhattan criminal case. Alvin L. Bragg, the Manhattan district attorney, has been investigating whether Mr. Trump or his family business intentionally submitted false property values to potential lenders. The inquiry has yielded criminal charges against the Trump Organization and a plea deal with its chief financial officer, Allen H. Weisselberg.

“The U.S. government, whether it’s the I.R.S. or the Justice Department, should never be weaponized or used to retaliate, and certainly not because someone criticizes you in the press or is your political opponent,” Mr. Kelly said in response to questions. “The average federal employee or F.B.I. agent or I.R.S. agent goes to work and executes the laws and regulations and shouldn’t be put in this position.”

A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump denied that the former president had ever discussed using the I.R.S.

“It’s total fiction created by a psycho, John Kelly, who never said this before, and made it up just because he’s become so irrelevant,” said the spokeswoman, Liz Harrington.

Mr. Kelly, who also served as Mr. Trump’s first homeland security secretary, was Mr. Trump’s longest-serving White House chief of staff, a role in which he brought a semblance of order to an often chaotic West Wing. Unlike many former top Trump administration officials, Mr. Kelly has said little publicly since Mr. Trump left office and not written a book.

But in response to repeated questions over months, Mr. Kelly said he chose to respond now because Mr. Trump had publicly claimed last week that he had used the Justice Department and the F.B.I. to help Gov. Ron DeSantis win election in Florida in 2018. Mr. Kelly, who was Mr. Trump’s chief of staff at the time, said Mr. Trump never made such a request. If he had, Mr. Kelly said, it would have been an improper use of the Justice Department and the F.B.I.

Mr. Kelly’s statements are among the most damning from a former high-ranking official about Mr. Trump’s efforts to use federal power to his own ends, and come just days before Mr. Trump is scheduled to announce another presidential campaign.

His account of some of Mr. Trump’s requests, including his effort to use the Justice Department against his enemies and to remove security clearances for former officials, has been corroborated by other public disclosures and former Trump aides.

Mr. Kelly said that after he initially started working for Mr. Trump as his chief of staff in July 2017, he was surprised that Mr. Trump actually thought he would follow through on what the president wanted.

“He initially thought I would do it,” Mr. Kelly said. “He thought I would be loyal and obedient to him. I told him we were loyal to our oath to the Constitution.”

Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump had no appreciation for that concept and continued to push him and others to do what he wanted.

“If he told you to slit someone’s throat, he thought you would go out and do it,” Mr. Kelly said.

Mr. Kelly said he would tell Mr. Trump why using the powers of the federal government for his political ends was morally and legally problematic.

“I would say, ‘It’s inappropriate, it’s illegal, it’s against their integrity and the I.R.S. knows what it’s doing and it’s not a good idea,’” Mr. Kelly said he told Mr. Trump.

“Yeah, but they’re writing bad things about me,” Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump told him.

Among other steps sought by Mr. Trump, Mr. Kelly said, was the revocation of security clearances for officials from the George W. Bush and Obama administrations who had gone on to be critical of Mr. Trump on television. Among them were Mr. Brennan; James R. Clapper Jr., the former director of national intelligence; Michael Hayden, the former director of the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency; and the retired Adm. William H. McRaven, the former head of the Special Operations Command.

“I don’t want them making money,” Mr. Kelly said Mr. Trump told him.

Mr. Kelly said that during his tenure, the officials’ security clearances remained intact.

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ex-Trump Lawyer Slammed As A 'Monster' After Vile Take On Club Q Shooting

Quote:
Jenna Ellis, former senior legal adviser to Donald Trump, has attracted furious backlash after her hateful commentary about the mass shooting Saturday at the Club Q gay nightclub in Colorado.

Five people died and at least 18 others were injured in the attack in Colorado Springs, which came amid a campaign by conservative media and politicians to demonize trans people and drag queens and pass hostile legislation targeting the LGBTQ community as a whole. The fear campaign has coincided with a spike in anti-LGBTQ harassment, threats and violence. The suspect in the killings faces murder and hate crime charges.

In an episode of her podcast this week, Ellis suggested that the victims of the shooting deserved to die because they weren’t, in her eyes, Christian.

“Even more tragic than untimely death, is that the five people who were killed in the nightclub that night, there is no evidence at all that they were Christians,” the far-right attorney said. “And so assuming that they had not accepted the truth of the Gospel of Christ and affirmed Jesus Christ as the lord of their life, they are now reaping the consequences of having eternal damnation.”

Ellis, also a right-wing media pundit, played a top role in Trump’s failed legal push to overturn the 2020 presidential election and most recently worked as a legal adviser to extremist Republican gubernatorial nominee Doug Mastriano in Pennsylvania, who lost. Her history of anti-LGBTQ rhetoric dates back years.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-pleads-guilty-to-burning-cross-on-his-yard-to-threaten-black-neighbors/ar-AA14Qam8?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=2ebfa6ee610f4e33a85ecc7b281d9f8c

Man Pleads Guilty to Burning Cross on His Yard to Threaten Black Neighbors

Quote:
The increase of hate crimes against the Black community has been an ongoing concern. Though, to me, the most despicable aspect of the spike is that some of the most hateful acts used to threaten Black people during the Jim Crow era have now resurfaced.

Screenshot: Mississippi Department of Corrections
Screenshot: Mississippi Department of Corrections
© Screenshot: Mississippi Department of Corrections
Axel C. Cox, 24, certainly took inspiration from history when he attempted to terrorize his Black next door neighbors.

According to the DOJ, Cox admitted to gathering his supplies to put together a cross, propping it on his yard and dousing it in motor oil to set it on fire.

He pleaded guilty to burning a cross on his front lawn to intimidate his Black neighbors, per a Department of Justice announcement. The DOJ said he violated the Fair Housing Act and committed a hate crime as he used “racially derogatory remarks” during the commission of the crime.

The only argument in his defense was that he had “overreacted” following the fatal shooting of his dog, per the SunHerald. Were the Black people next door the ones responsible? There is no evidence so far of that.

“Burning a cross invokes the long and painful history, particularly in Mississippi, of intimidation and impending physical violence against Black people,” said Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division. “The Department of Justice will continue to prosecute those who use racially-motivated violence to drive people away from their homes or communities.”

Read more about the case from the SunHerald:

In exchange for his plea, prosecutors are dismissing a second charge of using fire in the commission of committing a felony, a federal crime that could have resulted in an additional sentence of up to 10 years in prison that must be served consecutively to the sentence on the previous charges.

A federal grand jury indicted him on the offenses in September. FBI Agent Drew Robinson arrested Cox on the federal offenses on Sept. 23 in Wiggins. Gulfport police and FBI agents investigated the case.

Since 2018, Cox has been in and out of jail in Harrison County on various charges that included possession of meth, felony possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, felony receiving stolen property and misdemeanor DUI involving drugs. Cox is already serving time in a Mississippi prison for possessing the stolen property and the drug charge.

Sign up for The Root's Newsletter. For the latest news, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i pinned this thread in 2017...

and we have trump nw going to texas to the anniversary of another right wing hero... the wacko in waco

poor trump the realvictim... and telling the prosecutor after prosecutor had death threats there will be death and destruction if you arrest me...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/russia-behind-manhattan-district-attorney-bomb-threats-during-trump-hush-money-probe/ar-AA197NDa?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=790d410f84964f52971d0bee26428369&ei=45

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just another right wing hate story that is in the back pages if even shown in the right wing owned media. this is how deplorable right wingers are and the right wing acts like it is the victim because of this right wing media suppression. true to life trump hate allowed by right wingers motivates this hate and suppression.... oh you poor right wing victims...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fbi-launches-hate-crime-investigation-after-a-swastika-was-carved-into-the-back-of-a-jewish-teen-with-autism-report-says/ar-AA1a6BcW?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=cac232b3e7ae442ca355a19d93184813&ei=23

FBI launches hate crime investigation after a swastika was carved into the back of a Jewish teen with autism, report says

real-human

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just another good people right wingers to the right wing deplorable trump loving haters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-waiter-forced-to-serve-n-word-spewing-diners-decked-in-confederate-flags-report/ar-AA1aBiHX?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=3e742e5437d9428d9c9cb779c415691e&ei=11

Raw Story
Raw Story
Black waiter forced to serve N-word spewing diners decked in Confederate flags:

Quote:
ABlack server at an Ohio restaurant was forced to serve a dinner party that was decked in Confederate battle banners and casually tossing around the N-word, reported The Daily Beast on Monday.

"They completely dehumanized me," server Arthur Mandy told the Beast.

"'A party full of people wearing Confederate flag gear just tried to f---ing come eat in our restaurant,' a TikTok user called Nani posted Saturday, the Beast reported.

"One of our Black servers had to take them."

Nani said that the table of white guests at the Texas Roadhouse never spoke to the server or gave him eye contact. 'They’re N-word this, N-word that, while he’s there at the table,' she said. 'They’re not even trying to be quiet. They’re not even trying to stop.'

Nani said the server ended up walking outside because he got so emotional over his interaction with the table.

Speaking directly to The Beast, Mandy's account lined up with the TikTok account. He said the party included a woman “covered head to toe” in the flag, and other guests with a Confederate sweatsuit, neck tattoos, and even a onesie on an infant.

"Mandy, 41, said he expected the party to be his last table for the night. A reservation was set for 11 people, but initially only a small group showed up — including a baby wrapped in a Confederate coat," the report said.

"But Mandy said he didn’t really notice the customers’ attire until more people joined the group. The rest of the party is walking in. The managers come and pull me aside and say, ‘Hey, if you have any issues with this table, let us know,’' Mandy said."

Mandy told The Daily Beast that he properly honed in on the group when an older, male customer sat down with them. 'I’m doing my spiel or whatever, things that we offer, things that we have, what he may like, and he says, ‘Well, I’ll tell you what, boy. Just get me a water with lemon.’'"

Mandy said that after they "dehumanized him," he couldn't return to the table, after which the group demanded the managers force him to return and correct their orders. He also said that while managers tried to defuse the situation, the restaurant's white owner left early — and Mandy added he's considering a lawsuit.

This is not the first controversy to befall the Texas Roadhouse chain. In 2016, a waitress at a location in Colorado was fired after fantasizing online about a murderous "purge" against Mexicans.

Efforts made by the Daily Beast to get comment from the Daily Roadhouse were not successful, it reported.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right wing enabled event because of their love of trump and hate. you know just another good day for the trumpers.

https://www.rawstory.com/brownsville-migrants/

Texas police accuse driver of intentionally plowing into crowd in front of migrant shelter, killing seven

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/texas-shooter-lived-with-his-mother-and-was-right-wing-death-squad-member-interested-in-neo-nazis-police/ar-AA1aS9lm?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=8bdf3827c6b9421da7cafb6a0d3c4ef3&ei=49

Texas shooter lived with his mother — and was 'right-wing death squad' member interested in neo-Nazis: police

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/wisconsin-judge-allows-for-lawsuit-against-fake-trump-electors-to-proceed/ar-AA1bdGa0?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=1ddf61527a924435869fd3a327a631a0&ei=23

Wisconsin judge allows for lawsuit against fake Trump electors to proceed

Quote:
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin judge on Monday refused to break up a lawsuit filed against 10 fake electors for former President Donald Trump and two of his attorneys, saying the case could proceed in the county where it was filed.

The lawsuit seeks $2.4 million from the fake electors and their attorneys, alleging they were part of a conspiracy by Trump and his allies to overturn his loss in the 2020 presidential race. It also seeks to disqualify the Republicans from ever serving as electors again.

Fake electors met in Wisconsin and other battleground states where Trump was defeated in 2020, attempting to cast ballots for the former president even though he lost. Republicans who participated in Wisconsin said they were trying to preserve Trump’s legal standing in case courts overturned his defeat.
But Dane County Circuit Judge Frank Remington disagreed on Monday, saying the lawsuit was properly filed because, in part, at least one of the defendants appears to live in Dane County or does not present evidence to the contrary.

Lawsuit targeting Wisconsin GOP false electors continues to move forward
1:47
One of Trump's attorneys, James Troupis, and fake elector Scott Grabins, the former Dane County Republican Party chair, both live in Dane County. Neither of them provided any evidence of where they lived, the judge said. Neither did Trump attorney Kenneth Chesebro, who practices law in the Boston area.

Attorneys for the fake electors who don't live in Dane County argued that a 2007 state law allows for venue changes to courts in the defendant's home county in cases that relate to elections or election law. The lawsuit alleges that the defendants broke several criminal and civil laws when they met at the Wisconsin state Capitol on Dec. 14, 2020, in an attempt to cast the state’s electoral votes for Trump.

Remington said the law requires that the case be heard in Dane County where it was filed.

“Wisconsin law does not allow the problematic consequences of ten judges simultaneously litigating the same claims in ten different courts, or ten juries — some 120 jurors — hearing the same claims and rendering ten different verdicts,” Remington wrote.

The lawsuit was filed a year ago this month by two Democratic electors and a voter. They are represented by the Madison-based Law Forward law firm and the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at the Georgetown University Law Center.

“Although likely not the last, this was just the latest effort to delay any type of accountability,” said Law Forward attorney Scott Thompson. “We are pleased this matter will be resolved in the Dane County Courthouse, just one block from where the fake electors scheme was carried out.”

Attorneys for the fake electors did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.

Remington last week also revived a complaint brought by Law Forward against the fake electors filed with the Wisconsin Elections Commission. That complaint sought sanctions against the fake electors.

Remington ruled last week that the complaint must be heard again because a commissioner who considered the complaint last time should have recused himself. That commissioner, Robert Spindell, also served as a fake elector and is one of the defendants in the lawsuit seeking damages.

President Joe Biden won Wisconsin by nearly 21,000 votes, a result that has withstood recounts, partisan-led investigations, a nonpartisan audit and multiple lawsuits.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspect in attack on Connolly's district office refuses to appear for arraignment

The suspect involved in the attack on two workers at Rep. Gerry Connolly's district office in

real-human

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another right wing hero event... nazi time, if this was a liberal the right wing would have him front page of all media.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/19-year-old-arrested-on-multiple-charges-after-crashing-into-barriers-near-the-white-house/ar-AA1bynHI?ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&cvid=498d4caaca8f4788a1cc590753d88470&ei=25

19-year-old arrested on multiple charges after crashing into barriers near the White House

Quote:

The driver of a truck that crashed into security barriers near the White House on Monday night has been identified as a 19-year-old from Missouri who was arrested on multiple charges, including threatening to kill or harm a president, vice president or family member, officials said.

The driver was Sai Varshith Kandula of Chesterfield, U.S. Park Police said Tuesday morning.

Kandula was further charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, reckless operation of a motor vehicle and trespassing.

Authorities said the preliminary investigation indicates Kandula “intentionally crashed” into the bollards outside Lafayette Park. A Nazi flag was seized by authorities at the scene of the incident.

No one was injured.

A law enforcement official told NBC News that the suspect made threatening statements about the White House at the scene but was quickly detained. The truck was found to contain no weapons or explosives, the official said, without providing further details about the incident.

Asked for their reaction, the official said: “I don’t think there’s any place for a Nazi flag or the statements that he made.”

The white U-Haul box truck crashed into the b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: