myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nutty California
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 203, 204, 205  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it unconscionable that so many parents are unaware that many secondary school systems are telling specific kids a) they need abortions or sex change brainwashing or medical procedures and b) not to inform their parents of that conversation or any ensuing medical actions. Any so-called parent would put his ignorant, cultish, stupid hatred of real news sources ahead of his child's future should lose all parental rights.

I'm not going to cite any specific GD sources. I have no kids in the way of that Mengelean steamroller, it's YOUR child at stake, YOU should be doing your own GD homework, YOUR kids should be recording any evidence of such classroom or counselor horrors, YOU should be marching into your kids' classes unannounced to see what's going on, your little Billie MUST not be expelled and shamed and prosecuted because he forgot that his teacher declared little Susie a boy and Billie referred to her as "she", and YOU should be telling school boards at public meetings what is going on without being arrested and/or your POTUS declaring you the worst terror facing our country. Informed people have seen proof of all this ranging from surreptitious cell phone video recordings from classrooms, proud declarations from many of the freaks teaching your kids, email and formal documentation of such horrors, investigative journalist reports with videos, and parents filing suit because their children have suffered such fates.

Get off your liberal, arrogant, uninformed high horses; suck it up and watch some real news; double and triple check their cited sources if full-context videos don't satisfy you; and stop putting your children's lives in the hands of stupid monsters who believe that even OBVIOUS males can menstruate and bear children if he or a teacher declares him a her or that any girl who prefers sports to dolls needs her plumbing, hormones, and/or psyche ripped from her soul and body.

Is YOUR school doing ANY of this to YOUR children? Are you CERTAIN? Do you have any IDEA how many schools deny all of this, yet have been proved to be outright liars about it?

I can afford to be wrong about this. You deniers with kids cannot.
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Iso! Your satire of an arrogant, uninformed right winger is off the charts! You are killing it Dude! Thanks for the laughs!
coachg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Iso,

According to Bill Maher, using Fox news to support your argument is like saying you are a marine biologist because you watch SpongeBob SquarePants.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm glad you can afford to be wrong because you often are.

Coachg
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
I will totally agree with that statement, 100%. However, that statement is directed at absentee parents, so perhaps you or Techno may have a better insight into that perspective? I am fully involved in my children’s school so there are no “faceless school bureaucrats” making medical decisions for me.

You may be unaware that the children of low income minorities (black and Hispanic), frequently single parent households, dominate teen pregnancy statistics, so it may not have occurred to you that becoming "fully involved" in their children's school is not as easy as it is for you. Working two or more jobs, limited transportation options, little or no English or simply being overwhelmed by their situation neatly fits them into your "absentee parent" stereotype. Having said that, most parents see their child's teachers for a few hours a year, and would rarely, if ever, spend time with counselors or medical clinic staff making medical treatment referrals without parental involvement. They have no idea who these people really are.

If your position is that "absentee parents" deserve total exclusion from the process, I could not disagree more.
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is the kind of intervention that mrgybe doesn't complain about:

Quote:
On the morning of Aug. 30, a 13-year-old transgender boy was pulled out of class by his school’s administrators, his mother says. While his classmates continued their studies, he sat in a conference room at a Texas middle school where a Department of Family and Protective Services investigator began asking personal questions, court records state.

The reason: The state agency was probing his family following a February directive from Gov. Greg Abbott (R) to investigate the use of gender-affirming care in minors as child abuse, according to court documents.

The nearly hour-long interview touched on a range of personal topics — from the teen’s medical history to his gender dysphoria diagnosis to his suicide attempt years back, court records state. The interrogation left the boy — identified under the pseudonym Steve Koe — shaking and distressed, according to a signed declaration from his mother, named as Carol Koe.

Texas, where this occurred without the boy's parents. Texas, where the lack of access to birth control increases both teen pregnancies and abortions. Texas, where Abbott is trying to ride grievances about these issues to the White House.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coachg wrote:
I will totally agree with that statement, 100%. However, that statement is directed at absentee parents, so perhaps you or Techno may have a better insight into that perspective? I am fully involved in my children’s school so there are no “faceless school bureaucrats” making medical decisions for me.

You may be unaware that the children of low income minorities (black and Hispanic), frequently single parent households, dominate teen pregnancy statistics, so it may not have occurred to you that becoming "fully involved" in their children's school is not as easy as it is for you. Working two or more jobs, limited transportation options, little or no English or simply being overwhelmed by their situation neatly fits them into your "absentee parent" stereotype. Having said that, most parents see their child's teachers for a few hours a year, and would rarely, if ever, spend time with counselors or medical clinic staff making medical treatment referrals without parental involvement. They have no idea who these people really are.

If your position is that "absentee parents" deserve total exclusion from the process, I could not disagree more.

I see you have tempered your language somewhat. Excellent.

Are "medical clinic staff making medical treatment referrals" the same as "school bureaucrats"?

Who are the medical treatment referrals made to? Licensed medical professionals? If so, are they also "school bureaucrats"?
coachg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:

Not only am I probably more aware than you of low-income minorities, I’ll go out on a limb here & say I probably have far more experience than you with those students. And just because teen pregnancy is a greater problem in NC than CA doesn’t mean I am unfamiliar with the problem.

Those single working mothers, plenty who speak limited English, are not absentee parents. They may not be able to attend most school events or meetings, but will make themselves available for phone conversations because they care. Absentee parents are parents who don’t care. My position is absentee parents are not going to make themselves available for contact.

Your & Techno’s assumption that schools are populated by “faceless bureaucrats” that would actually attempt to make medical decisions without fist trying to contact the parents is what I find rather disturbing. That is not the laws intent.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes wonder how the righties here get their panties in such a twist. They repeat a bunch of awfulizing—without giving their sources. Some of this stuff is very old, and falls under the concept of emancipated minors. I found this, which shows the laws on this date back to the 1990’s, and some were signed into law by the last Republican governor here.

Quote:
In some circumstances, California law prohibits disclosing medical data to a parent without the child’s consent.
Since the 1990s, California law has afforded minors the right to consent to certain types of medical care, such as the diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases, without the consent of their parent or guardian. In recent years, the rights of minors to have access to medical treatment and have their privacy protected have been greatly expanded by the California Legislature.

For instance, in 2010, Governor Schwarzenegger signed Senate Bill 543, “Minor Consent Mental Health Rights,” which granted children 12 years of age and older the right to receive outpatient mental health treatment. Parents must be involved in the child’s treatment, unless a mental health professional deems such involvement inappropriate. However, parents do not have a right to their child’s mental health records, unless the child provides written permission to do so. In 2011, Governor Brown signed Assembly Bill 499, “Minor Consent Reproductive Health Rights,” which granted children at least 12 years of age the right to consent to services for the prevention and/or treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.

Currently, California law provides minors the right to consent to treatment for the following medical concerns (this list is not exhaustive):

Emergency Medical Services – Providers may provide medical care for minors without the permission of a parent if they believe that the procedure must be performed immediately, and there isn’t enough time to obtain parental consent. Parents typically have the right to review all related medical information.
Outpatient Mental Health Services – As noted above, minors over the age of 12 may consent to mental health treatment, but not for care involving drugs or other medically significant interventions. Parents must be involved (unless in appropriate), but do not have a right to the related health records without permission from the minor.
Pregnancy – Minors may receive maternal healthcare without parental permission. Healthcare providers are not permitted to inform parents of such treatments without the minor’s written permission.
Contraception – A minor may request birth control without parental consent. Parents may not be informed without permission.
Abortion – A minor may consent to an abortion without parental permission. Parents may not be informed without written permission.
Sexual Assault – Minors who have been sexually assaulted may consent to any medical care related to the diagnosis, treatment, and collection of medical evidence relating to any sexual assault. Healthcare providers must attempt to inform parents of the assault, unless there’s reasonable cause for believing that a parent committed the assault.
Rape of a Minor Under 12 Years of Age – A minor under the age of 12 may consent to the diagnosis, treatment, and collection of medical evidence related to their rape. Their parents must be informed, unless a parent is suspected of the crime.
Rape of a Minor 12 or Older – A minor over the age of 12 has the rights described above. But in addition, their healthcare provider is not allowed to inform a parent of the treatment without the minor’s consent.
Infectious Disease – Minors at least 12 years of age may consent to treatment of a communicable disease if the disease is one required by law to be reported. A healthcare provider may not inform parents without consent from the minor.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases – A minor at least 12 years of age may consent to the prevention, diagnosis, or treatment of sexually transmitted diseases (this includes the administration of the HPV vaccine, and testing and/or treatment for HIV and AIDS). Parents may not be informed without the minor’s consent.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment – A minor at least 12 years of age may consent to drug and alcohol abuse treatment. However, this does not authorize the dispensation of replacement narcotic abuse treatment (e.g. methadone) without the parent’s consent. A minor does not have the right to refuse drug or alcohol treatment if their parent consents to the treatment. Confidentiality varies depending on the circumstances and the facility providing treatment.

https://www.rbmafamilydocs.com/child-healthcare-rights-california/

Having been in a serious accident, and having my unconscious wife in the ER ahead of me, I think the emergency services provision makes sense. Same with mental health treatment. Unlike some of the right wing social warriors, I’ve been involved with teaching children whose home life was chaotic—parents fighting or doing drugs. I know a little about the requirements when child abuse is suspected.

Techno and mrgybe—fueled by the right wing outrage machine. Make money by inventing oitrages.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except biologically, "absentee parents" is among the all-time classic oxymorons.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't let bona fide MDs (let alone a school nurse or principal) decree my (or my hypothetical kids) medical treatments, because a) half of them finished in the bottom half of their class for good reason, b) even the smart ones are often dead wrong on some topics, and c) in the saner parts of this country, they cannot routinely dictate treatment. Their job is to diagnose, advise, and -- IF ALLOWED BY THE ADULT PATIENT OR PARENT -- treat. I'll spare you the dozens of cases of bad, often serious, sometimes permanently crippling or literally fatal prescriptions levied JUST ON ME.

Now multiply that by 330,000,000. That's a big number even after one subtracts the handful of kids whose idiot parents' "let God cure his raging infection" attitude is overturned by the court.

DYOGDHW or face the consequences. i.e., The word "parent" should be both a noun and a verb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 192, 193, 194 ... 203, 204, 205  Next
Page 193 of 205

Jump to: