myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Investing in youth and their education, with knowledge that such an investment would be paid back in time by greater earning potential and tax revenues, used to be a shared value. Now selfishness is rampant.
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously don't have a problem with over $2 TRILLION wasted in Afghanistan, so no, I don't see a problem with $300 billion. We have a much better chance of getting a good return on the $300 billion investment vs. the zero return we received on your $2 TRILLION investment.

Coachg
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing to notice here is that isobars tries to sow a bit of hate. That stains him, whether he knows it or not.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, plenty of my tax dollars are spent on programs that I don't agree with. Nothing I can do about it. Deal with it Iso.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Community College funding comes through.....that is the key to filling the employment gap. In Nutty CA, the community college set up is outstanding and is a gateway to the best University system in the country.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
How many of you are eager to pony up the thousands of dollars Biden's student loan forgiveness vote-buying scheme will cost every single one of you? (Do the math.)

Wouldn't that $300 BILLION do more good for more deserving people if spent on drug costs, cancer research, homelessness, (real) infrastructure, military readiness, etc. rather than on middle and upper class college graduates like AOC who just don't wanna pay back their loans?

Let's indeed do the math. The Trump tax cuts provided 60% of the benefits to the top 20% income levels. For some provisions, like the pass-through provisions, that was even greater, with 86% of the benefits going to the top 10%. At what cost? About a half trillion a year.

All investments in education don't generate commensurate benefits. That is even more the case with the Trump tax cuts--which Isobars loved.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right boggsman, and I'm a person that followed that path. Couple years at a community college, followed by two years at the University of California, Irvine.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
How many of you are eager to pony up the thousands of dollars Biden's student loan forgiveness vote-buying scheme will cost every single one of you? (Do the math.)

Wouldn't that $300 BILLION do more good for more deserving people if spent on drug costs, cancer research, homelessness, (real) infrastructure, military readiness, etc. rather than on middle and upper class college graduates like AOC who just don't wanna pay back their loans?

i think this statement I have attached in a picture is spot on.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when Biden does one thing I agree with (pardoning people who are in prison for simple personal-quantity pot possession), he steps in yet another giant pile of steaming Donkey crap of far more serious global importance: He terminated the career of one of the world's bravest, most highly trained, dedicated beyond belief, valuable heroes on the planet because he, a Coast Guard rescue swimmer, refused the Covid jab on religious grounds -- AFTER BIDEN DECLARED THE PANDEMIC OVER and after several European nations banned the jabs due to their undeniable health threats.

Goddammit, I can't say those underlined words out loud without choking up, and can't even type them without tears in my eyes. I'll be back in a minute.

Shit! That didn't help, so I'll just keep typing anyway (surprise, surprise!).

You've all seen on Deadliest Catch, on YouTube, in newsreels, etc. the frigid, biblical maelstroms these rescue swimmers leap into in the dead of night to save strangers' lives. You've all seen what they and many soldiers, first responders (with recent glaring exceptions), Covid ICU providers, etc. do without any outward regard for their own lives. And yet this stupid, incomprehensible POTUS of yours terminates the career of a man (and many like him) who demonstrates every day that they consider others' lives (and in combat, their nation) more important than their own.

What unspeakable act was this undeniable hero going to do -- give Covid to a sailor who's dying in a freezing open-ocean hurricane because his pelvis and spine are crushed and he's bleeding out?

This kind of stupidity has dire global implications, as our military recruitment and morale are crumbling beyond belief. I talked last week with a young man who's enlisting in the Air Force because he sees a draft coming and wants some say in how and where he serves. Smart man: even if that draft doesn't materialize, he will have greatly expanded his outlook and options, will have served his country directly and quantitatively, and won't have time to destroy statues/businesses/cities/innocent lives just because he's bored, brainwashed, self-centered AND stupid beyond belief.

Fucking right Iso's angry. Anyone who isn't neither has nor deserves a soul.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you join the military, you follow orders. If not...bye bye:

Q. What happens if a Service member refuses to get the vaccine?
A. The requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 constitutes a lawful general order. Refusal by Coast Guard Active Duty and Ready Reserve members to fully vaccinate against COVID-19 in the timelines prescribed, absent an approved medical exemption or approved religious accommodation, will constitute a failure to obey a lawful general order. This order is punishable under Article 92 of the UCMJ, and may result in punitive and/or administrative action, including initiation of discharge proceedings.

https://www.uscg.mil/Coronavirus/Information/Article/2753898/mandatory-vaccination-for-military-members-faqs/

BTW, Biden did not take any action in that regard...the Coast Guard may.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 101 of 106

Jump to: