myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Absolute beginner. 10 Lessons but still no results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult to give recommendations when we do not know what equipment is available in your area. Given today's wind graph it appears that you have plenty of wind to work with so that eventually you can work with any gear that you desire to when you get to that level of competence.

I would ask your instructor about beginner/intermediate gear and see what any local shops you have have for sale. Plus check out the yacht clubs in the area, they may have gear and programs that let you borrow or rent gear so you can try what you like and find what you are comfortable with and what you progress on the fastest. They may have gear to sell or even give away.

Getting the right gear can be complex and depends heavily on what is available in your area.

Wind in a part of Italy.png
 Description:
Wind near you?
 Filesize:  176.05 KB
 Viewed:  18556 Time(s)

Wind in a part of Italy.png

swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A true commitment to windsurfing requires buying your own kit. In simpler times in the mid-80s, I bought a longboard with a 5.7 rig. It was always ready when I was. That means a lot in making you independent.

The real question is buying the right stuff to get you where you want to go.

Looking at your videos of Crotone with a bit of wind and surf, you've got a lot of potential for some great sailing.

I would suggest giving yourself some intermediate ground to build your skills.

Later, you can open your wallet. I know I did.
Consenso

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Life, for all my passions I bought my own things and the started. But often, forany reasons, I didn't use them. So now for First Time in my Life I chosen to have lesson instead to buy at the start.

Anyway I Will buy online and most famous brand are available in Italy: Starboard, RRD, JP, Tahe, Duotone, Point 7, Naish, Fanatic, Simmer, Severne.
In my school we use RRD equipment
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consenso, you mentioned in your original post how you were trying to learn windsurfing uphauling in waves of about 0.7 meters. This is a most difficult way to learn. I believe your town has a harbor. Can you sail there? If you can get your training gear to the harbor and start on flat water, progress is more assured.
W1
Consenso

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately my training gear is given by school center and it is not placed near the harbor. I could sail in a place near the harbor but from 15th september because now people go to the beach there
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: