myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Paragliding in Bay Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgreenbaum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Paragliding in Bay Area Reply with quote

Was wondering if there are Paragliders that watch this list or if you think that iWindsurf would be a good media for me to advertise Paragliding lessons / Tandem Flights.

http://www.sftandem.com is my website. I was thinking this might be a good place to post a banner add, but since this is so regional, can anyone provide feedback? You can email me back at GoFly@sftandem.com

Thanks,

Jeff
carl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: RE: Paragliding in Bay Area Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance but what is paragliding? I thought that was when you get pulled by a boat with a parachute, like in Cancun. Or is it a form of hang-gliding? Sky-diving? Where do you do this sport? Do you need wind? For some reason I can only access the front page of your website. Its hard to see if youre jumping from a plane or off a cliff.
p914

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Paragliding in Bay Area Reply with quote

Paragliding is the use of a parachute (not the old round ones) taking off from a slope or cliff or other base platform. In the Gorge there are paragliders close to Beacon Rock and also in Lyle. The paraglider is the rectangular arched parachute with the section walls to create air chambers that the air flows through to give it structure. Im sure you have seen these before. Some have a seat and others have a harness you hang in feet down. There may be one with a hang glider harness where you lie flat also.
p914

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Paragliding in Bay Area Reply with quote

oh yeah just south of San Fran is a beach area that has a high cliff where hang gliders take off from. I have seen paragliders there also. I forget the name of the spot.
mikefifield

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's actually two locations along that cliff. Hang gliders fly out of Fort Funston and paragliders fly from the cliffs further south out of Mussel Rock. For more info about paragliding check out

https://www.paraglidingsanfrancisco.com/

or for hang gliding check out

https://www.fellowfeathers.com/

[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: