myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gun Nuts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 329, 330, 331  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s all in the interpretation and the Supreme Court is living in the 1700’s. When the the amendment was written, it was designed to be a check on government power. Good in 1776 when the playing field was level, total bullshit now. News flash, the government has satellites and weapon systems far beyond the very dull, smoke puffing, incredibly archaic and highly inaccurately flint lock weaponry system. What’s a good gun owner to do? Storm the castle with them when they don’t like election results? That’s what they are good for. And killing my nephew coming out of a sandwich shop celebrating the 4th. Bard likes them because he is low on machismo. Bards a jerk.

Those days are toast. The government has power outside this solar system. You trust it or you don’t you fucking, fucking, fucking idiots. The government voyager probe form 1976 is on to the next star system. You’re telling me a gang of 18 year old Wisconsin kids with AR-15’s patrolling parks are any match for a 1865 cannon brigade? How about a WW1 tank? Guns are not the finest weapon system on the planet for a check on government power in 2022 folks. Go the Israel route. Get rid of most all of them. Your’e not going to overtake the government Bard. It ain’t happening.

A militia formed by cry baby Don and his band of cohorts is what stormed the castle. The way to deal with them is to zap them with government lasers located in space and give the death penalty for those attempting sedition. Non peaceful transfer of power is the end of society, end of America. You assholes tried it. You fucking tried it. Fuck off isobars and Bard, take you guns and shove them up your ass.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB and SWC

The thing with guns is that there are two societies of gun owners...maybe more...But, simply... there are those folks, like me, that grew up with guns. In rural SD, my friends and I spent many many (maybe thousands....channeling Isobars here) weekends and after school target shooting and hunting. My brothers still do. Guns are a tool or a recreational object and some of us pretend like they're for protection but, most of us know better.

Then there are the wider population of gun owners who really do believe that a gun provides some sort of power that they can use if they want. It's pretty lame and very disturbing. Those are the guns that fall into the hands of the crazies. Those are the gun owners that are threatened by laws restricting what guns they can own and how they can use them. Those folks do not look at what gun ownership is doing to this country.

It's been twenty years since I've taken a firearm out of my safe. It's just too crowded in most places to find a spot in the forest to target practice to be safe. And, I really don't want to ruin some other forest user's day with the sound of gunfire. I used to love the sound. Since Columbine, I haven't enjoyed it any longer. It is interesting that I rarely hear anyone else out shooting. I assume it's because the vast vast majority of gun owners have no recreational use for a firearm. Just a false, very false, sense of security.

When will we learn?
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughtful post CB, thanks. There really are two different worlds on guns—rural and urban. Before the current court, the second amendment had been interpreted to allow self defense in the home. I really don’t have any problem with that, nor do I have a problem with rifles used for hunting.

The current court has green lit using a gun outside of the home, concealing your being armed, and mplicitly using a gun offensively, not defensively. And then they gaslit us all by talking about historic patterns. Utter nonsense.

In urban areas, guns are used predominately to commit crimes. Hunting humans, not games. My father taught me before I was old enough to buy a gun that they are dangerous. An eight year old just shot his sibling. Half the deaths are suicide. They do not automatically make you macho, or safer.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our constitution never intended guns to be for recreation. To say so is insane.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Now there’s an articulate and well reasoned argument.
vientomas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:

Please enlighten us Guru - Constitutional scholar - What does the Constitution intend re: guns?
coachg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB,

Growing up in a military family I too grew up with guns, hunting & shooting cans in empty fields as kid. I don’t hunt anymore & those fields are no longer empty. The last time I shot my gun, 4 or 5 years ago was at an indoor shooting range.

As to the part of needing a gun for security it really depends on your situation. If I lived in a shithole where home invasions are such a problem as Isobar’s does, I’d move. It’s really a simple choice. Live in a place that requires a gun for protection or move to a place that doesn’t. The other issue for me is I have grandkids so my gun is locked up with a trigger lock installed; pretty much useless for protection. My options again are the same; live in a shithole like Isobar’s that requires me to leave my gun out for security & never let my grandkids visit, or live in a safer place where I don’t need a gun for security so my grandkids can visit.

Really a simple choice.

Coachg
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coachg wrote:
CB,

Growing up in a military family I too grew up with guns, hunting & shooting cans in empty fields as kid. I don’t hunt anymore & those fields are no longer empty. The last time I shot my gun, 4 or 5 years ago was at an indoor shooting range.

As to the part of needing a gun for security it really depends on your situation. If I lived in a shithole where home invasions are such a problem as Isobar’s does, I’d move. It’s really a simple choice. Live in a place that requires a gun for protection or move to a place that doesn’t. The other issue for me is I have grandkids so my gun is locked up with a trigger lock installed; pretty much useless for protection. My options again are the same; live in a shithole like Isobar’s that requires me to leave my gun out for security & never let my grandkids visit, or live in a safer place where I don’t need a gun for security so my grandkids can visit.

Really a simple choice.

Coachg

Please name a community where home invasion or armed robberies don't occur.....I'll wait patiently.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montara, Gold River, Discovery Bay, ...

Oops, I'm sorry. You only wanted one.

Coachg
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this piece of shiite republican who ran for mayor as a republican signed the letter to allow his son to get a gun permit when he was under 21. ya what the police were only called to the house umpteen times over domestic disputes with his son. He should be held accountable.

again can you imagine the hate in this right wing trump house. Learned behaviour it appears.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/07/06/highland-park-shooting-crimo-gun-application-foid/

Highland Park suspect’s father sponsored gun permit application, police say

Quote:
The Illinois State Police confirmed on Tuesday that the father of the Highland Park parade shooting suspect sponsored his son’s application for a gun permit months after relatives reported that Robert E. Crimo III had threatened to “kill everyone,” and that authorities had “insufficient basis” to deny the application.

The revelation that Crimo, 21, had at least two previous encounters with law enforcement has raised new questions about how he was able to legally purchase his guns and whether more could have been done to prevent the massacre that killed seven people and injured more than 30.

In September 2019, a family member told Highland Park police that Crimo had threatened to “kill everyone,” said Christopher Covelli, a spokesman for the Lake County Major Crime Task Force. Officers visited Crimo’s home and confiscated 16 knives, a dagger and a sword, but made no arrest, Covelli said on Tuesday, because they lacked probable cause. However, they notified Illinois State Police, he said.

Months later, in December, Crimo applied for a firearm owner’s identification card, the document required to possess a gun in Illinois. Because Crimo was under 21 at the time, state law required him to have the consent of a parent or guardian before he could own a firearm or ammunition. According to state police, which issues the cards, Crimo’s father sponsored the permit application.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 317, 318, 319 ... 329, 330, 331  Next
Page 318 of 331

Jump to: