myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
what to do with winter snow
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
joethewindsufa



Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1190
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:40 am    Post subject: what to do with winter snow Reply with quote

i have sleds that work well on ice, packed snow and low levels of snow, but have as yet built the perfect snow windski ...
Brian started with a waterski and then fabricated his own
KUDOS man !!

https://youtu.be/rgbvuDWBZPY

just re-read the title - winter snow as opposed to ?? lol Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ozzimark



Joined: 23 Dec 2020
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m gonna get off my lazy bum and build something like that one of these winters…! I’m usually too busy xc-skiing once there’s enough snow for wind-skiing though, so that decreases my motivation level significantly.

Also, around here (south of you in western NY), we definitely get plenty of fall snow and spring snow!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cgoudie1



Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 2557
Location: Killer Sturgeon Cove

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:03 pm    Post subject: Here's what I do with it Reply with quote

Posted before, but here's what I do with winter snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2qNB1Ie8-k

-Craig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20868

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Shoveling it beats going to the gym. My wife and I race ... well, used to ... to see who can clear a driveway first.

2. SNOWMOBILES ! And I don't mean cruising around sitting down, looking at the scenery. Triple-digit speeds over waist-high moguls, big air, flying off cornices, mid-week all-nighters (Snowbird frowned on us during the day), standing for hours on end just like on dirt bikes, INCREDIBLE scenery when we stopped to enjoy it ... DAMN, but I miss that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joethewindsufa



Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1190
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear other windsurfers find pleasure in the winter months !!
SO much better than hanging inside Smile
just the same, is spring comin soon ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
coldman



Joined: 01 Mar 2022
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: what to do with winter snow Reply with quote

joethewindsufa wrote:
i have sleds that work well on ice, packed snow and low levels of snow, but have as yet built the perfect snow windski ...
Brian started with a waterski and then fabricated his own
KUDOS man !!

https://youtu.be/rgbvuDWBZPY

just re-read the title - winter snow as opposed to ?? lol Smile


Cool idea, I liked this snow windski!




Distributor of V-belts


Last edited by coldman on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gregnw44



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 783
Location: Seattle, Wa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Here's what I do with it Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
Posted before, but here's what I do with winter snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2qNB1Ie8-k

-Craig


Nice... Craig... looking good !!!

I like winter snow as well Smile

https://youtu.be/WoFku4dnIxk

_________________
Greg
Longboarding since '81
Shortboarding since '84
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cgoudie1



Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Posts: 2557
Location: Killer Sturgeon Cove

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Here's what I do with it Reply with quote

Greetings Greg.

It's good to "hear" from you. You obviously qualify as a
poacher yourself. Sweet turns! Sweet vid! Looks a little like
Steven's Pass. I've done a few turns at Steven's myself.

-Craig

gregnw44 wrote:
cgoudie1 wrote:
Posted before, but here's what I do with winter snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2qNB1Ie8-k

-Craig


Nice... Craig... looking good !!!

I like winter snow as well Smile

https://youtu.be/WoFku4dnIxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gregnw44



Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 783
Location: Seattle, Wa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Here's what I do with it Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
Greetings Greg.

It's good to "hear" from you. You obviously qualify as a
poacher yourself. Sweet turns! Sweet vid! Looks a little like
Steven's Pass. I've done a few turns at Steven's myself.

-Craig

gregnw44 wrote:
cgoudie1 wrote:
Posted before, but here's what I do with winter snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2qNB1Ie8-k

-Craig


Nice... Craig... looking good !!!

I like winter snow as well Smile

https://youtu.be/WoFku4dnIxk


Yes, Steven's Pass is 1 of my local ski hills. But this vid is from an even smaller (& little known) ski area, on the Idaho - Montana state line... called Lookout Pass. Which is why the vid has it's title.

And yes, it's been a year or 2 since I checked in here.

I hope you (& everyone) are (is) doing well Smile

Thanks for the post, Joe... a good Wintertime topic!

_________________
Greg
Longboarding since '81
Shortboarding since '84
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coachg



Joined: 10 Sep 2000
Posts: 3412

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could go someplace that doesn't have snow. I'll take a warm ocean foam over snow any day.

Coachg



T.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.35 KB
 Viewed:  5462 Time(s)

T.jpg


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group