myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Toll to Access TI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpf18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Email to Matt Haney at SFBA Reply with quote

FishShalami wrote:
In case it helps, here is an email I drafted and sent to Matt Heney at SF gov opposing the toll. Feel free to use as a template.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cedxTqS858npHcrmY-zLyWcw0LjmOgKifipJNG6lLP0/edit?usp=sharing

I recommend: Copy the SFCTA clerk clerk@sfcta.org and request to make it part of the public record as a comment to the TIMMA commission meeting January 25th 2022, agenda item #4 "Recommend Approval of Base Toll Policy and Affordability Program and Implementation of the Associated Toll System".
And keep an eye out for it, during TIMMA commission meeting public comment, it was noted that submissions to the clerk were not found as part of the public comments documentation. That way, a track record of public-comments-gone-missing might emerge, which could be pointed out at a later time.
radross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate FishShalami ^^^ for the "Best First Post Ever."

FYI - While it may not seem we are moving the needle yet, the next BCDC meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 3, 2022, at 1:00 p.m.

Thanks to a bunch of sailors who have already submitted written email comments. They are now in the BCDC's commissioners' supplemental agenda materials. Keep writing - easy and simple - publiccomment@bcdc.ca.gov

The other agency to involve is the California State Lands Commission since the ramp was part of the State Lands which they gave up to the CCSF with the agreement they would maintain our access to the Bay "free and permanent." Their next meeting is Friday, February 25, 2022 at 1:00 pm.Easy to comment in advance at this address: https://www.slc.ca.gov/meetings/

Also, when commenting keep copying the staff at BCDC [emails in earlier posts], clerk@sfcta.org, and the various CCSF BoS, including Mr. Peskin.
rigatoni

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross,

Wrote my email to BCDC and copied the SF supervisors as well. Shot an email to my windsurfing email list as well encouraging the same. Hope all this effort has some effect. Thanks for leading the charge on this. So frustrating that we have to constantly fight to maintain what access we have all over the Bay.

Chris
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep sending messages to BCDC and keep watching. This is far from over.
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Maybe we should create (or re-use existing) google groups account so the emails could be sent out to TIMMA, BCDC and the rest with cc to the google groups email so we all can the response?
Like with TIMMA on Jan25, some of the emails were not posted. I have requested the receipt per Jim's advice after the meeting and only then I got a reply and my letter was public.
Wonder if this will help to loop in all interested parties?
Berkeley also will be included with reminders about the meetings and such.
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Maybe we should create (or re-use existing) google groups account so the emails could be sent out to TIMMA, BCDC and the rest with cc to the google groups email so we all can the response?
Like with TIMMA on Jan25, some of the emails were not posted. I have requested the receipt per Jim's advice after the meeting and only then I got a reply and my letter was public.
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

radross

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to break the glass on the fire alarm!

Despite perhaps gaining some traction with staff at the BCDC about a potential enforcement action of their permit [thanks to everyone sending emails to the BCDC,] the San Francisco County Transportation Agency (SFCTA) will move its entire board (the SF Board of Supervisors) to approve the recommendation of the committee (Haney, Ronen and Mandelman) for final approval on February 15, 2022 to implement the tolls/tax to get on and off the island to subsidize a ferry for commuters.

Emails need to go to each BoS member and clerk@sfcta.org.

If you click through, each BoS' email address is here: https://www.sfcta.org/about-us/who-we-are#panel-our-board
radross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all the sailors that spoke at the BCDC meeting yesterday.

Next up is the SFCTA board meeting on February 15, 2022. Although the fix seems in, getting your comments in to the record is important. clerk@sfcta.org and info@sfcta.org. Also copy the CCSF BoS.

Highlight no "nexus" between the tolls to support a ferry and on-island shuttle that will be more than a mile from the ramp and benefit to windsailors/wingers/kiters paying the tolls and it violates the FEIR that "non-resident visitors will not be charged a toll."
cosmoecho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: TI no TOLL petition Reply with quote

Please sign the petition we will present to SF BoS.
Also, sign up for the updates at open group sfbaywaters@gmail.com ( we just created it because there are at least 5 different groups where the discussion happens about TI and Berkeley, so trying to keep everyone connected in one please).

https://chng.it/XJdw6CNzYP

This petition is getting shared among wide verity of groups: swimmers, sailors, kayak fishers, SUP paddlers, local surf/kite/sup/windsurf shop owners and whoever we can find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11

Jump to: