myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Severne tendon...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ugly_Bird

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject: Severne tendon... Reply with quote

I was thinking about getting a Severne mast base and saw mentions of Severne replacement tendon. Is it same as Chinook or Streamline?
Or a completely different animal?
E.g.:
https://boardsportscalifornia.com/product/severne-euro-pin-mast-base/

Thanks!

Andrei
dhmark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the quality of the actual tendon material can vary between and even within brands, but all are generally swappable if the distance of the holes from the ends of the tendon are the same. A tendon can be sanded down if the holes are too far from the end, not usable if too short.

One thing to know is the thread size of the pin. Chinook told me not to buy a rubber joint Euro pin unless it had 10 mm threads, and Duotone specifically mentions 10 mm threads on their rubber UJ europin bases. However, Chinook specifically sells 8 mm thread Europin replacement for mechanical base. But they said 8 mm Europin on a rubber UJ had a risk of shearing off.
oalitionstrengthen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the quality of the real tendon material might vary from brand to brand and even within the same brand; nevertheless, if the distance of the holes from the ends of the tendon is the same, it is possible to switch out any of the brands. If the holes in the tendon are too far from the end, they may be sanded down, but if they are too close, the tendon is not useable.

quordle
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oalitionstrengthen wrote:
I believe that the quality of the real tendon material might vary from brand to brand and even within the same brand; nevertheless, if the distance of the holes from the ends of the tendon is the same, it is possible to switch out any of the brands. If the holes in the tendon are too far from the end, they may be sanded down, but if they are too close, the tendon is not useable.

quordle

Another fuggin spammer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: