myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Baja human forecasts have started!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject: Baja human forecasts have started! Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

We have started the human Baja forecasts. The forecast covers the entire Sea of Cortez side of Baja as well as most of the Pacific side of Baja Norte and Baja Sur.

https://wx.iwindsurf.com/proforecast/56 or

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=130&Isection=Wind+Forecast

However the main focus of the forecast continues to be the Los Barriles to La Ventana to El Sargento to Rasta Beach zone.

We are clearly in a La Niña pattern with the average storm track further north. Often this means that the high-pressure in the Great Basin to 4 corners region which is critical to strong Baja winds are often displaced a bit too north. So there may be fewer and weaker El Norte wind events.

Still, La Niña events are often very variable so we should still see periods of solid wind.

I post the forecasts around 9 AM MST each day. I tend to hold posting the forecasts until the pattern becomes clear so at times the forecast will be late. There are no super resolution model forecasts for the La Ventana and Los Barriles area so forecast accuracy is not ideal. Despite this we have gotten lots of great feedback about the Baja forecasts.

Mike Godsey
iwK

BajaComments.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.17 MB
 Viewed:  14006 Time(s)

BajaComments.jpg

LUCARO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you plan to keep up the bay area forecasts, in some fashion

With foiling many of us are going year round, and some level of forecast support would be great. Even just a daily brief text summary tables less relevant
windfind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LUCARO wrote:

With foiling many of us are going year round, and some level of forecast support would be great. Even just a daily brief text summary tables less relevant. With foiling many of us are going year round, and some level of forecast support would be great. Even just a daily brief text summary tables less relevant

Hi Lucaro,

Weatherflow is aware of the increasing popularity of the different types of foiling that can often work even in the winter. The question is how to monetize the service during the winter. Since we are unlikely to attract new customers from winter forecasts that is not a viable reason.

However, I will ask the bean counters to check how many people drop their membership during the winter. And if enough people were to provide feedback that they would continue membership if we had winter forecasts then it might happen.

Mike Godsey
iW & iK

P1020829.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  819.72 KB
 Viewed:  13670 Time(s)

P1020829.jpeg

LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windfind wrote:
LUCARO wrote:

With foiling many of us are going year round, and some level of forecast support would be great. Even just a daily brief text summary tables less relevant. With foiling many of us are going year round, and some level of forecast support would be great. Even just a daily brief text summary tables less relevant

Hi Lucaro,

Weatherflow is aware of the increasing popularity of the different types of foiling that can often work even in the winter. The question is how to monetize the service during the winter. Since we are unlikely to attract new customers from winter forecasts that is not a viable reason.

However, I will ask the bean counters to check how many people drop their membership during the winter. And if enough people were to provide feedback that they would continue membership if we had winter forecasts then it might happen.

Mike Godsey
iW & iK

thanks mike
fxop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't drop out in the winter because I want to keep this valuable service viable.

fxop
Wind_Boarder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Baja human forecasts have started! Reply with quote

windfind wrote:
Hi Gang,

We have started the human Baja forecasts. The forecast covers the entire Sea of Cortez side of Baja as well as most of the Pacific side of Baja Norte and Baja Sur.

https://wx.iwindsurf.com/proforecast/56 or

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?regionID=130&Isection=Wind+Forecast

We're unable to add the Baja meteorologist forecast on our classic iW page. Please help to fix this

Thanks!
Alak.

No Baja meterologist forecast.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.04 KB
 Viewed:  13533 Time(s)

No Baja meterologist forecast.jpg

LUCARO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fxop wrote:
I don't drop out in the winter because I want to keep this valuable service viable.

fxop

yeah, me too
scameron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: dropping IWS during the winter Reply with quote

I keep my IWS account current year round. I use your forecasts for sailboat raceing during the winter. Please keep em coming!
Goodwind

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a year-round paid member since 2005.
LUCARO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enough interest for a petition to let the beancounters at weatherflow we want some kind of winter forecast?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: