myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days the idea of a Republican coalition builder is oxymoron. The only coalitions that they create is a united wave of "no" to anything meaningful and productive. In reality, the list of Republican accomplishments is a desert wasteland.
techno900

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the Democratic accomplishments?

More like a stopped up toilet. It stinks and isn't going anywhere.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the saying goes, the Republicans are out in fully color smug-o-rama.
Four years of a clearly deranged criminal and his criminal gang. Crickets.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900, I thought you were an educator. Then again, maybe you're just getting old and can't remember. Think about the Social Security and Medicare benefits that you have. Republicans didn't have anything to do with those programs, and the same can be said about the ACA. Republicans are the beggar's wallet of parties these days, except when it comes to spending on wars and the military.

To give Republicans some credit, although it happened so long ago, was Eisenhower's vision and investment in building a free national highway system.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
techno900, I thought you were an educator. Then again, maybe you're just getting old and can't remember. Think about the Social Security and Medicare benefits that you have. Republicans didn't have anything to do with those programs, and the same can be said about the ACA. Republicans are the beggar's wallet of parties these days, except when it comes to spending on wars and the military.

To give Republicans some credit, although it happened so long ago, was Eisenhower's vision and investment in building a free national highway system.

And I paid into SS and Medicare for 42 years, and am now receiving a return on my investment, although I likely would have done better managing my own "government" money. But. we are talking about the Biden mess at the moment - and it seems you guys have little to say in support of the liberal agenda and the "stopped up toilet" that may not get flushed anytime soon.
vientomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
swchandler wrote:

And I paid into SS and Medicare for 42 years, and am now receiving a return on my investment, although I likely would have done better managing my own "government" money. But. we are talking about the Biden mess at the moment - and it seems you guys have little to say in support of the liberal agenda and the "stopped up toilet" that may not get flushed anytime soon.

Social Security is not an investment, and you may or may not have done better managing your own funds.

https://www.cbpp.org/research/would-private-accounts-provide-a-higher-rate-of-return-than-social-security

"From the date it first began paying benefits, Social Security has been a pay-as-you-go system. Current payroll taxes are largely used to pay for current beneficiaries."

I'm still working, paying taxes and therefore paying for your social security check every month. You're welcome.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
swchandler wrote:

Sure ...Market up 35% since elected, job market WHITE hot, and the economy is very very strong. Savings rate very high. Personal debt levels very low. shhhh
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original post:
Quote:

Care to stay on topic? Are you guys supporters of Biden's HUGE bills?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:

Hysterically funny. Angry old man without a grasp of math or clear communication skills talks about toilets and stink. From the land of pig shit lagoons, Techno knows stink, but not much else.

From this pathetic whine, we are supposed to know that he is complaining about the two infrastructure bills that may be voted on by the House today. Since he finally asked a clear question, "Are you guys supporters of Biden's HUGE bills?", he deserves a clear answer. Yes, I support investing in infrastructure. While I don't know everything that is in the bill, and I am certain that there are things in their I'm not fond of, and things that I'm fond of that aren't in the bill, I also know that is how politics works.

Because Techno can't do the math, and thinks everything he draws from Social Security he earned, I'll make the comparison to the Trump tax cuts. When first proposed, the Biden Build Back better was bigger than the tax cuts that the Republicans rammed through. Now it is smaller, and I think any study of the economic history of this country would show that investing in infrastructure--including education infrastructure--has returned far more on the investment than the Trump tax cuts.

But angry old me who stoke their resentment on Fox and make no effort to check facts wouldn't know that.
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac,

I am for infrastructure too, but not the reconciliation bill in it's current INFLATED state. Care to reflect on it?

Pelosi's game of tying the two together keeps the needed infrastructure bill on hold, when it should have passed long ago. Like I said: The toilet is clogged, and the reconciliation bill is the shit. Any simpleton could have figure that one out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 80 of 106

Jump to: