myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurf Gear Used
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericandholly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Windsurf Gear Used Reply with quote

My wife is no longer able to windsurf. I am in the process of clearing some space. If you live in the Hood River area and want to come take a look I will be selling it very inexpensively. Carbon masts, Naish and Ezzy sails, Chinook booms, Mistral board etc Please call or text my spam bot disguised number below. I really prefer to deal with a local in person vs listing everything and so forth, hence avoiding the classified postings if possible. Trying the garage sale by appt model.

Thanks,
Eric
Hood River

5 "for" 1 - three 9 nine - three "tooooo" "won" o
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iW is doing a much better job of managing their classifieds, but the posting process remains EXTREMELY buggy, frustrating, and time-consuming. I had some success at yesterday's swap meet, but it's tough to compete with the CGW2's understandable end-of-season practice approaching "Take it ... Just TAKE it".

They can't do anything about the scammers beyond warning us about them. I thwarted one of them pretty much the same way you are: "Meet me face to face and show me the money".
ericandholly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. To be clear it's more about moving stuff she can't use and I would like it to go to someone who can/wants to use it. I am going to want $ that's just north of free--NYCSubs kinda money. The masts are in great shape, the Mistral is basically as new, I'd tell you the condition and years of the sails but I stopped WS in 2000 and I am out of that loop We have aluminum booms, bases, universals etc.

Just come by, ping me first

Thx,
EricnHolly Cohn
Hood River
CUSalin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject: Windsurf Gear Used Reply with quote

Wow! You missed The CGW2 Swap Meet yesterday. If you would like to donate to any unsold gear to cgw2.org we'd be happy to take off your hands.

Regards

ericandholly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masts sold
Naish 4.2 sold

3.3/3.7 Ezzy Wave Panther
Naish 4.7
Mistral 93 L pretty much brand new
two booms
Misc bases

I'll give it a bit then donate.

Thanks,
EricnHolly
katiedog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is NYCSubs money ?
ericandholly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandwich money--I don't drink beer

Sails: $20 each
Booms: $20 each
Universals/Downhauls: $10
Mistral bump and jump that's as new 93 L $100 (bought for La Ventana, SF Bay conditions but it never got used)

I sold three carbon masts in excellent shape for $50 each. I want the stuff to go to folks who can use and appreciate it is what I am after.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Have you priced carbon masts lately? I wouldn't accept less than $300 (less than half price) for one of mine, but then I'm still sailing and mine are indistinguishable from what's on the store shelves ... IF you can find any.

OTOH, I can't GIVE away great B&J/wave boards, because so many young buyers insist on these frigging potato chip freestyle stubbies. A consignment shop employee in his 20s recently asked me why I have so many pre-2010 boards. "Oh ... you're a collector? They must be heavy and slow."

"Hell, no. They weigh 13 pounds, the mast tracks are at the same position as on their modern counterparts, they ride FAR more softly in chop, at speed in rough terrain they rip rings around the stubbies, and when I'm healthy I sail all of them each season."

KIDS these days!!!
ericandholly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistral Synchro 94L needs a new home. It truly is as new, and has been stored for years. If has straps, fin, even universal plate included. We bought it new from BW as our SF Bay, lighter wind Gorge board, but she always used her Cascade. I am going to guess she used it less than 5 times. I very much enjoyed selling our masts to someone who was clearly going to use, and enjoy them, and would like to do the same with this excellent board.

$25 Hood River pick up only, and I will throw in the down hauls etc we have left as well

Here are some reviews/info and picture of the board we have (picture is not our board but identical and saves me upload hassle):

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Review/Mistral-syncro-94-2008?page=0

https://www.surfbasar.com/threads/mistral-syncro-style-94l-fsw.20499/
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric, if it's still there on the 17th (when I get back into town).
I'll take it. My guess is it'll be gone in the next 5 hours.

-Craig

ericandholly wrote:
Mistral Synchro 94L needs a new home. It truly is as new, and has been stored for years. If has straps, fin, even universal plate included. We bought it new from BW as our SF Bay, lighter wind Gorge board, but she always used her Cascade. I am going to guess she used it less than 5 times. I very much enjoyed selling our masts to someone who was clearly going to use, and enjoy them, and would like to do the same with this excellent board.

$25 Hood River pick up only, and I will throw in the down hauls etc we have left as well

Here are some reviews/info and picture of the board we have (picture is not our board but identical and saves me upload hassle):

https://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Windsurfing/Review/Mistral-syncro-94-2008?page=0

https://www.surfbasar.com/threads/mistral-syncro-style-94l-fsw.20499/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: