myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Coronavirus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 339, 340, 341  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I just want my vaccine when it's due. I qualify for it now in most states, but not under Governor Inslee, who still bans outdoor recreation. That's why I'm also investigating my VA options (as long as I'm in charge of what little VA care I accept, they'll have a hard time following up on their repeated attempts to finish me off.)

I apologize profusely to that great humanitarian Chandler for not dying on his (or the VA's, or the Mayo Clinic's, or the federal government's prostate cancer standards of care YOUR doctor bows to) schedule. I chose instead to study my options, pick and choose among other legitimate options and providers, and thus add many years of health and vigor to my life. Even if you clowns want to put the U.S. government in charge of your own life when the shit hits the fan, you owe it to your wife, parents, and kids to vet every important instruction they prescribe and to seek other care if and when necessary. I'm not only able to walk but still alive expressly due to my own effort and diligence. Your diminishment of that is not only low but is likely to bite you (or your child) in the ass some day.

Anyone who doesn't know that Medicare for Everyone expressly forbids a public healthcare insurance option isn't paying any attention to the luscious moving lips of Pelosi, Sanders, Hillary, AOC, Obama, et.al. when they discuss their objective of healthcare reform: 100% mandatory socialized medicine, with no alternatives. (Hint: Not one of you wants that for your family.)

I gotta wonder, especially on MLK Day, how many of you fake news hounds even know that Biden's new DOJ Civil Right czar not only claims blacks are superior to whites just because of their extra melanin and that for ANY job -- your airline pilot, your child's spinal transplant surgeon, your banker, etc. -- hiring must be based first and foremost on skin color. Skill, training, experience, ethics, character, etc. hardly matter ... as long as their skin is dark.

Search the WWWeb (not via Google, if you want the whole story) on Biden DOJ Civil Rights leader pick Kristen Clarke.

Wow, I So Angry that is a mouthful.
I only wish you find peace in your mind and heart before you reach your deathbed!
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight downtick in both national and California numbers of new infections. Let’s hope it continues. Yet it is still raging around the world, with nearly 100 million cases and over two million deaths. (For the math challenged Isobars and mr buggy whip, that’s a rate of slightly over 2%—much higher than the flu.)
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No President could have possibly escaped outrage or condemnation for their response to a pandemic such as the one we are experiencing.
However, the lies, false truths, downplaying the seriousness, and denial shall live with his legacy forever Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a democratic hoax.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The incompetent response of the Trump administration could be characterized as manslaughter on a grand scale. Starting with the early lies and sandbagging of social distancing and masks. From the Hill in April:

Quote:
Epidemiologists Britta L. Jewell and Nicholas P. Jewell Tuesday wrote in an op-ed in The New York Times that 90 percent of coronavirus deaths in the U.S. could have possibly been avoided if social distancing began March 2, when there were only 11 deaths recorded in the nation. If such policies would have been put in place one week earlier, on March 9, the epidemiologists say there could have been a 60 percent reduction in fatalities.

“Whatever the final death toll is in the United States, the cost of waiting will be enormous, a tragic consequence of the exponential spread of the virus early in the epidemic,” the experts wrote.

I don’t buy 90%, but a lot. Here from the Hill, in October:

[quote] A new report from Columbia University researchers finds that at least 130,000 coronavirus deaths in the United States could have been avoided if the U.S. had responded to the virus as well as a group of other high-income countries.

The report compares the per capita death rate in the U.S. from the virus with six other high-income countries: South Korea, Japan, Australia, Germany, Canada and France.

It finds that if the U.S. had the same rate of death as France, it would have about 55,000 fewer deaths, while if it had South Korea’s rate it would have about 215,000 fewer.

“We therefore posit that had the U.S. government implemented an ‘averaged’ approach that mirrored these countries, the U.S. might have limited fatalities to between 38,000 to 85,000 lives — suggesting that a minimum of 130,000 COVID-19 deaths might have been avoidable given alternate policies, implementation, and leadership,” the report states.

The report was published by the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University. One of the authors, Irwin Redlener, was named to Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s Public Health Advisory Committee in March to advise on the response to the coronavirus.

The report points to “abject failures of U.S. government policies and crisis messaging” in helping to explain why the United States has such a high death rate from the virus. The U.S. has has more than 220,000 deaths from the virus so far, according to Johns Hopkins University, which is about 20 percent of all of the coronavirus deaths in the world, even though the U.S. has only 4 percent of the world’s population.
Quote:

The truly terrifying thing is that people in State’s with terrible surges—like the Dakotas—thought that this was a hoax and voted for Trump while their neigh bors died.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we turn to what to do about the pandemic, and stories emerge of Republicans balking at spending $400 billion to fight the virus, it seems logical to ask what the alternative, doing too little, costs. This study came out in November. Rather than have a serious discussion about what to do among Republican leaders, we chased Qanon fantasies down a rabbit hole.

Quote:
pair of Harvard economists estimates that the coronavirus pandemic will cost the nation at least $16 trillion if it ends by next fall — timing they describe as “optimistic” — and say that a number that large justifies interventions such as a coordinated nationwide program of testing and contact tracing that would save 30 times its cost.

“It’s almost hard to understand what a number of that size means,” said David Cutler, the Otto Eckstein Professor of Applied Economics. “This is like a hurricane hitting the whole country.”

The calculations were done by Cutler and Lawrence Summers, the Charles W. Eliot University Professor and former U.S. Treasury secretary, and published in a recent issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. Cutler said they embarked on the project in order to quantify just what is at stake economically as the pandemic grinds on and to evaluate the relative cost of interventions such as congressional bailout programs and public health steps like nationwide testing and contact tracing, which so far have not been implemented.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/birx-says-white-house-censored-her-2020-election-was-factor-in-task-force-s-reduced-role/ar-BB1d1rbM?ocid=msedgntp

Birx Says White House 'Censored' Her, 2020 Election Was Factor in Task Force's Reduced Role

Quote:
In an interview that will air on CBS' Face the Nation on Sunday, Birx told moderator Margaret Brennan that the Trump White House sought to limit coronavirus communications for political purposes ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Birx said that there came a point right before the election where she "wasn't getting anywhere," with her work on COVID-19, but she insisted that she never intentionally withheld information from the public.

"When it became a point where I wasn't getting anywhere and that was like right before the election, I wrote a very detailed communication plan of what needed to happen the day after the election and how that needed to be executed," she said. "And there was a lot of promise that that would happen."

She added that her four decades of work in public service did not prepare her for the tumultuous experience of working within the Trump White House, and said she "always" thought about quitting.

Birx has worked in the federal government since 1980, and was appointed by former President Barack Obama as an administrator for AIDS relief before joining the Trump administration to help coordinate a COVID-19 response in March.

She said that working with Trump led many of her colleagues to question her political allegiances, amid a surge of criticism against the former president's virus response.

"Colleagues of mine that I had known for decades... decades in that one experience, because I was in the White House, decided that I had become this political person, even though they had known me forever. I had to ask myself every morning, is there something that I think I can do that would be helpful in responding to this pandemic and it's something I asked myself every night," she said.

Birx is not the only senior scientist to say she was kept from speaking about the coronavirus pandemic on national media by the former administration.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told MSNBC host Rachel Maddow Friday that he was "blocked" from going on her show.

"Let's call it what it is. It just got blocked because they didn't like the way you handle things and they didn't want me on," he said after explaining that he had tried to come on the show for months.

isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine.

Vaccine, that is. And heads up: it can take a monumental effort if you want it ASAP and want to avoid monumental lines.

Why get it ASAP? Because even young athletes can be Covid long-haulers. Serious long-term or even permanent medical problems often linger or arise well after the viral infection is gone. Research keep finding that:
• The active coronavirus infection is only part of the problem.
• Unlike influenza, Covid 19 damages many parts of the body, sometimes severely and often irreversibly.
• Estimates of the likelihood of long-lasting harm keep increasing as more data are compiled. I've seen figures as high as 80%.
• Can you imagine going through life with pizza tasting like rotting road kill ... if you have any taste left at all? Do you want the lung function of a 90-yo couch potato for the rest of your life? Serious (is there any other kind?) heart and/or brain damage? Crippling nerve damage?

I know of only four ways we can greatly lessen the odds of avoiding those long-hauler threats:
• Stay the hell home (masks and social distancing remain controversial, but avoiding people altogether works).
• Stay updated on the available treatments so you can act fast if necessary (it can strike very gravely just overnight).
• Know every symptom and run to the hospital the minute you encounter any of them, especially loss of smell or taste (they warrant emergency Covid 19 treatment).
• If diagnosed with Covid 19, consider insisting on Regeneron. As of yesterday, it might cut Covid 19's duration and damage very dramatically, in a class by itself compared to every other treatment. That could change tomorrow; stay tuned.

The new mutation is far more contagious, appears to be 30-40% more lethal, is expected to dominate the U.S. Covid 19 scene by March, and may be much less responsive to the present vaccinations. Frickin' whoopie!

Vaccination availability will vary dramatically from state to state and literally minute by minute, and getting access can be a nightmare. In Washington state, for example, vaccination sources listed by the state are simply wrong. Places (there were only two in my county) that are supposed to have the vaccine don't, and places not listed are pumping it into arms as fast as possible as word of mouth spreads. I spent two frustrating days online trying to get access to a shot and drove to the next county early on a frigid morning to get in line, only to have them run out of vaccine two people ahead of me.

Why do I care? Because mass vaccination at the local Fair Grounds starts "soon", and they expect lines possibly miles long. (I know city people live in long lines, but where I've spent my life three people is a long line for anything.)

Preparation (I built a clickable list of vaccination site URLs) and constantly (every few minutes) checking websites paid off. Late in the afternoon, two appointment vacancies (no lines!) appeared on a site that had been booked out for days in advance. I snagged one, but the other disappeared literally within seconds. Hoping we could talk them into a twofer, we grabbed some car keys, literally ran out the door (we had 5 minutes to make an appt 15 minutes away), peeled out, and flouted the speed limits all the way. We just barely made my time window, and they let my wife in with me for the twofer. What a relief ... and we don't have to compete with the rest of the population for our boosters next month.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Influenza is a much more deadly disease. Get your priorities straight, fearmonger.

First comment on the thread. A cult of selfishness.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are not eligible for vaccine you may want to look into the following, I started at the end of last month, it was over the counter in Mexico and gave to to my kids and friends. But now it is prescription only when I went to buy more last week. I have not dug into it to see if one needs to take it one time or monthly, that I thought I had read in one study.

I only began taking it after a MD friend here in mexico 6 weeks ago told me his scientific study on covid results were coming out good. He could not tell me what drug he was using. I have been sending him articles I find because english is my native language so much easier for me to keep on top of various articles than him, and added I have been watching data and trends. So have asked him on his opinion as a doctor on TB vaccines MMR and so on studies if I should be taking them, which pretty much he has said yes to all as we know the side effects well and in most build trained response that can help.

So in my searches ran across this drug because of the testimony of this MD to the senate. and found links to some peer reviewed and some early stage science. I sent this to my MD researcher friend in Mexico City like i did for others and he replied that that was the drug he was using in his research and expected it to be published in March so he can not comment till after it is peer reviewed. So because he had told me a month before that how good his research was well that is all I needed to rember, So checked and this is a FDA approved drug for over 40 years and check the side effects that no one dies from it and no allergic reactions and side effects are so rare, well at least the side I checked noted... So I began taking it a month ago.

Here is the info I forwarded to him.
https://c19ivermectin.com/
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/medical-experts-tout-new-govt-blacklisted-miracle-drug-to-treat-covid
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0012369220348984

the cost of ivermectin in Mexico is about usd$5.00 a 12 mg dose.

live long and prosper..

here is another one someone sent to me.
https://www.dentistryiq.com/covid-19/article/14195726/xylitol-a-major-player-in-covid19-prevention?fbclid=IwAR0Jrnuiv7yis9wV-nJTtom4Bd_qyRZ7KYdsuh2ITY-YEUmk1c_ys5R79Qo

I also use this and this i found in the media announcement from United Airlines https://zoonousa.com/product/foaming-hand-sanitizer/

and lastly i read a study on mouthwash testing and they found several mouth washes that can kill the virus in a test tube and so I now put in hydrogen peroxide into my mouthwash as most mouthwashes do not kill the virus. The "thought" they noted we do not know long the virus takes in the mouth before it is able to break into the skin barrier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 247, 248, 249 ... 339, 340, 341  Next
Page 248 of 341

Jump to: