myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Impeachment
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject: Impeachment Reply with quote

Kinda wonder what’s happened to America when Republicans overwhelmingly vote NOT to impeach a president who clearly lost an election fair and square 305 to 232.

That same president continues spreading lies and incitement months after the legitimate election is certified. That same president refuses the outcome, ultimately culminating in a violent uprising to overturn that duly elected American president.

An uprising staged and organized by him on the same grounds, on the same day the vote is constitutionally required to be certified. He pleads to his followers, “come, its going to be wild”. Using inflammatory language outside the building, spreading more lies, inciting the crowd to ”go to the capitol”, his accomplice Rudy screams “go in battle”!

This uprising incited by the president kills police, is possibly designed to take members of the United States senate hostage or kill them, or possibly designed to kill his own Vice President. A violent mob of thousands of Trump supporters that the president never ever tries to call off but only cries out “I love you”!

Yet when it comes to the high crime and misdemeanor of a fucking blow job, they are all in on impeachment. Something is really, really fucked up here.
LHDR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. If Trump had said and done the exact same things without the subsequent violence, we'd have no impeachment.
And if claiming fraud and steal is so bad, wouldn't that have to apply to some Republicans in the House as well?
So is this impeachment arbitrary?
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if impeachment in the House becomes a reality, Sen. Mitch McConnell will not allow it to go forward under his leadership. Conveniently, McConnell will be leaving the responsibility for an impeachment Senate trial to his successor, Chuck Schumer.

For me, at this very late stage in Trump's presidency, it's not that important that he be removed before the 20th. He is essentially powerless now, and I believe that he will be unable to do anything that would threaten the country in an untoward way. However, it is imperative that Trump never be allowed to run for the presidency again. That must occur to protect our nation as we move into the future.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Even if impeachment in the House becomes a reality, Sen. Mitch McConnell will not allow it to go forward under his leadership. Conveniently, McConnell will be leaving the responsibility for an impeachment Senate trial to his successor, Chuck Schumer.

For me, at this very late stage in Trump's presidency, it's not that important that he be removed before the 20th. He is essentially powerless now, and I believe that he will be unable to do anything that would threaten the country in an untoward way. However, it is imperative that Trump never be allowed to run for the presidency again. That must occur to protect our nation as we move into the future.

For many reasons, most of them having to do with process and procedure the impeachment of Agent Orange will face immense opposition in both chambers.

I however disagree that he is powerless. As we have seen in the past he is an unhinged vengeful insolent recalcitrant.

There needs to be another way of handcuffing him.
Article 25 was an option which Pence would not entertain and most of his cabinet had already jumped ship or were in an "acting" capacity.

Censure is worthless. Impeachment with an attachment that he never be allowed to hold office again is an option but would likely take a very long time.

The senate could hold a separate vote after he is gone to disqualify him from holding future offices.

Either way it goes the punishment is mild.

People need to go after him on a litany of charges he has committed after he leaves office and go after his money!!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that I was trying to be realistic in my comments above, especially since VP Pence has said that he won't proceed down the Article 25 path.

Regarding Donald Trump's essential powerlessness right now, he really can't use the US Military in untoward ways and he really doesn't have enough time and dependable coordination power to pull off something big. Moreover, I think that there is a ton of focus on right wing groups right now, at least until Joe Biden's inauguration, and they would be hard pressed to create an army and put it into action.

Trump could create some mischief and be troublesome, but little less in my view. He's under a microscope right now and will be until the end.

What will become of Trump after the 20th is anyone's guess, but he will no longer have the power of the presidency to push his agenda.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official! He has been impeached for the second time! Republicans are going to need to divorce themselves from this man if there is any hope to save the Republican party. Sadly there seem to be too few with enough courage.

Some Republicans have expressed their fear of retribution by the same lunatics that threatened Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi. By their own admission on social media these fools bragged about wanting to lynch Pence and shoot Pelosi.

Pathetic bunch of spineless cowards who should be expelled from congress.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s with these grainy pre-recorded videos from our president? Is he some terrorist broadcasting from a cave? Man up to the fucking microphone dude.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he is out of office they will troll him and go after his money, BIGLY Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Riptide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump lost and there will never be another republican president ever again after they kowtowed to Trump.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No media I can find has quoted any answers, so I was about to ask this highly edjucable gaggle of nutty nabobs just what Trump said to incite the riots at the Capitol Building. As I suspected, the most heinous thing he said was at

https://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2021/01/11/did-trump-incite-insurrection-n2582908

beginning with "So let’s look at what Trump actually said. ""I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol Building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."" This is the opposite of inciting violence. This is speech protected under the First Amendment. In fact, it is the heart of free speech, the right to march in political protest."

It goes on.
"the Democrats failed to mention in their Articles that after the violence started, Trump tweeted twice denouncing the violence, then followed up with a video denouncing it again. He conceded the election, saying his “focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power.”"

Ooooh, that's horrible. The man's hair should be ruffled for that.

You people are sick, and don't give a damn about your nation, the first amendment, or the constitution in general (except for using the 25th amendment to oust Joe when he gets in the squad's way).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: