myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G
Republicans are 20 points lower than Dems in terms of taking the vaccine .. 53-33.. So I’m certainly not alone is being skeptical .. I’ve never had a flu vaccine , neither has my son.. I’ll probably get one late in the game when much more real life data has been compiled ..Look, I get it , it’s America , people like to say fuck you I’m not wearing a mask .. But this thing is 8 months deep , and we’re still in the weeds..

I've only had one flu shot in my life. It was in 1976 when Gerald Ford was president. This was for swine flu which killed one soldier and sickened over a dozen at Fort Dix NJ. This led to a nation wide immunization program.

I was given the shot and became deathly ill within 24-48 hours High fever and felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. It was the only time in my life I was so sick I thought I might die.

I've never had a flu shot since nor have I had the flu since.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suggestion for those with a very small vocabulary.....look up the difference between "immoral" and "amoral". Perhaps practice using both in a sentence to avoid looking uneducated in the future.
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Sanctimonious, Biden is neither. I dare say with my limited education you are both. Stop reading my posts.
coachg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J64TWB wrote:
As someone who is so self righteous and morally correct

This pops up now & then in this country, especially after a mass shooting. The notion that we need more religion in this country; that without a strong Christian religion we will fall into immoral anarchy. People keep perpetuating the myth that religion makes you more moral.

The most secularized countries have the lowest violent crime rates & murder rates as well as having the highest level of education & prosperity. The most religious countries tend to have higher violent crime rates, murder rates & lower levels of education & prosperity. This pattern also remains here in the U.S. when comparing secular states to highly religious states.

It is impossible to conclude from the data that secularism leads to prosperity but it is clear that religion doesn’t lead to morality nor that secularism leads to immorality.

Coachg
mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
A suggestion for those with a very small vocabulary.....look up the difference between "immoral" and "amoral". Perhaps practice using both in a sentence to avoid looking uneducated in the future.

I often wonder about a member of the Catholic Church who apparently fails to perform the required self evaluation before he goes to church. Arguing that somehow Trump is morally superior to Biden--without providing evidence--is the height of absurdity. The snarky lecture about the differences between amoral and immoral doesn't change that a bit.

The current argument by the far right, echoed by mrgybe here, is that Hunter Biden traded on his father's name to secure deals in the Ukraine and China. Those who hurl those accusations have suspended their thinking, and ignored the sad fact that Ivanka Trump in fact did that, securing 5 patents from the Chinese government while her father was threatening them with sanctions.

The character difference between the two could not be clearer. Trump hammered away with fake narratives about Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden did not stoop to remind voters of the utter corruption and conflicts of interest of the Trump kids and Kushner.

Astonishing. By the way, I was taught the difference between amoral and immoral when mrgybe was still in diapers.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
nw30 wrote:
mac wrote:
Those facts just confuse NW. Paranoid theories that have been thoroughly debunked? Swallow them whole. Feed some to mrgybe.
What did you have for dessert after you gobbled down the Steel dossier? Crow?
Nothing has been "thoroughly debunked" yet, you're getting ahead of yourself with your wishful thinking.

I’ve never bothered to read the Steele dossier. Note correct spelling for future reference when you actually want to look like you know something. I’ve read enough to know that Steele was a well respected British agent, and that the dossier was started as an op piece by Republican opponents to Trump. The connections between The Trump campaign and multiple different Russians are well established in far more accurate sources. But you choose to believe Trump lies.

Of course, the Steele dossier has nothing to do with the current nonsense about Hunter Biden’s so-called hard drive. Are you that stupid, or is this just a desperate attempt at diversion triggered by excessive consumption of peanuts or binge watching Fox?
I never implied that, your reading comprehension is lacking, or are you just spewing things that you wished I had said?
As for the Hunter emails being debunked as some have said here, even by the Wall St. Journal (Boggs), and even the NYT's and WaPo, of course, it's what they do beyond everything else, 'how can we get Trump today', it's not that simple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WSJ Columnist Pieces Together the Whole Corrupt China Scheme Hunter and Joe Biden Cooked Up
10-23-2020

The Democrats on the Hill think it’s a Russian disinformation operation. It’s not. The Biden camp hasn’t said that these Hunter emails are fake. They’re real. Bobulinski confirmed the China deal pitch where Hunter refers to someone as the “big guy.” It centered on a pitch to a Chinese firm, where “big guy” was slated to get a 10 percent equity stake. “Big guy” is said to be Joe Biden. Joe Biden will sell out to the highest bidder. That’s his policy, which will become federal policy should he become president. Wall Street Journal’s Kimberley Strassel threaded all the events together, which point to a complex web of corruption, and one where the Biden name was used as a way to make millions from America’s enemies [emphasis mine]:

[Mr. Bobulinski’s text messages show he was recruited for the project by James Gilliar, a Hunter associate. Mr. Gilliar explains in a December 2015 text that there will be a deal between the Chinese and “one of the most prominent families from the U.S.” A month later he introduces Rob Walker, also “a partner of Biden.” In March 2016, Mr. Gilliar tells Mr. Bobulinski the Chinese entity is CEFC, which is shaping up to be “the Goldmans of China.” Mr. Gilliar promises that same month to “develop” the terms of a deal “with hunter.” Note that in 2015-16, Joe Biden was still vice president.

As the deal takes shape in 2017, Mr. Bobulinski begins to question what Hunter will contribute besides his name, and worries that he was “kicked out of US Navy for cocaine use.” Mr. Gilliar acknowledges “skill sets [sic] missing” and observes that Hunter “has a few demons.” He explains that “in brand [Hunter is] imperative but right know [sic] he’s not essential for adding input.” Mr. Bobulinski writes that he appreciates “the name/leverage being used” but thinks the economic “upside” should go to the team doing the actual work. Mr. Gilliar reminds him that those on the Chinese side “are intelligence so they understand the value added.”

[…]

Hunter, in his own angry texts, makes clear that his contribution is his name. He rails at Mr. Bobulinski that the CEFC heads are “coming to be MY partner to be partners with the Bidens.” He reminds him “that in this instance only one player holds the trump card and that’s me. May not be fair but it’s the reality because I’m the only one putting an entire family legacy on the line.” Mr. Gilliar privately tells Mr. Bobulinski to show flexibility, since “I know why [CEFC Chairman Ye Jianming] wants the deal and what makes it enormous, It’s the family name.”

CEFC was closely entwined with the Chinese government and military until it went bankrupt, following U.S. charges of money laundering. There is no question CEFC was buying Hunter for influence.

Mr. Bobulinski’s texts show he even met with Joe Biden. Mr. Gilliar reminds him in May 2017: “Don’t mention Joe being involved, it’s only when u are face to face, I know u know that but they are paranoid.” Mr. Biden had left office by then, though CEFC was always a suspicious company with ties to a rival government.

The deal fell through on the Chinese end in the summer of 2017. CEFC was supposed to supply $10 million; it never arrived. This is where the Johnson report comes in. The Senate report notes that CEFC wired $5 million to a company called Hudson West in August 2017. The report says an associate of CEFC Chairman Ye in September opened a line of credit under Hudson West’s name, and Hunter, Jim Biden and Jim Biden’s wife, Sara, were given credit cards associated with the account, and bought items totaling more than $100,000.
The report says Hudson West also sent $4.7 million in “consulting fees” to Mr. Biden’s law firm over the course of a year. Mr. Bobulinski suspects Hunter and Jim had found an easier way to cash in on their name, one that didn’t involve pesky partners and complex deals. He sent a furious text to Jim Biden after the release of the Senate report, accusing Hunter and Jim of “lying” to their partners and secretly taking money from CEFC. The FBI last year subpoenaed Hunter’s laptop. A call to Hunter Biden’s attorney was not returned by our deadline.

[…]

The former vice president is running on trust and good judgment. The Hunter tale is at best the story of a wayward son and indulgent father. At worst, it is an example of the entire Biden clan cashing in on its name with a U.S. rival.]

The former vice president is running on trust and good judgment. The Hunter tale is at best the story of a wayward son and indulgent father. At worst, it is an example of the entire Biden clan cashing in on its name with a U.S. rival.
Forget character and corruption, though they’re still important, Strassel hits it home with the national security issues here. Again, it looks like the Biden Doctrine is to enrich the family first and worry about other stuff later. In 2016, Hillary Clinton left sensitive materials vulnerable to hacking from foreign intelligence services because as our top diplomat, she had an unsecured and unauthorized server where she did all official business. She lied too. She said it was approved when she asked about it only for the State Department IG to refute all of that, noting that Clinton didn’t ask and if she had—this homebrew server arrangement would have been rejected for obvious reasons.

For the rest~
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2020/10/23/wsj-columnist-on-biden-emails-n2578651
mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open your brain to suspect sources and filth, you get it pretty dirty. There is, of course, more to the story:

Quote:
Less than four hours after the publication of Strassel’s op-ed, two reporters from the Journal’s news side swept the legs out from under their Opinion colleague’s argument. “Corporate records reviewed by the Wall Street Journal show no role for Joe Biden” in his son’s business relationship, stated the report, a double byline featuring Andrew Duehren and James T. Areddy. While the story’s headline—“Hunter Biden’s Ex-Business Partner Alleges Father Knew About Venture”—reads like it might be aligned with Strassel’s argument, the subhead and the rest of the report backs up the comments made by Biden during the debate denying any connection to his son’s dealings in Ukraine and China. Duehren and Areddy reviewed the same evidence from Bobulinski that their colleague did but found a contradictory conclusion: “Text messages and emails related to the venture that were provided to the Journal by Mr. Bobulinski, mainly from the spring and summer of 2017, don’t show either Hunter Biden or [Joe’s brother] James Biden discussing a role for Joe Biden in the venture.”

You're eating those peanuts again NW. Aren't you tired of looking like a fool? There is a reason that real newspapers haven't covered this story like Fox--it stinks. Nose not working either I guess.
vientomas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closer the election gets, the more erratic and agitated NW becomes. Even he can see the writing on the wall - and it says "President Biden". I suspect NW is having some sleepless nights.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW is not only capable of thinking the worst of people, he programs himself to do it.

If it means he has to believe paranoid bullshit, that’s what he’s going to do.

Like Isobars, NW is just terrified that liberals are going to try to make him pay to take care of people. Galbraith had his number.

Quote:
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

― John Kenneth Galbraith
boggsman1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WSJ, smartly has stayed away from the BS, but that doesn’t stop the op-Ed staff who desperately don’t want to see tRump go ..

In other news,Texas is a dead heat!
And the Dems have a chance to flip the Texas Senate .. unreal ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 55 of 106

Jump to: