myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Garmin Vivoactive 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian_S

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Garmin Vivoactive 3 Reply with quote

Anyone using the Garmin Vivoactive 3 to log windsurfing sessions? I installed the APProsail app but it shuts off if I splash in the water. I have the latest updates for the watch and the app. I've tried it several times and have been in contact with the app developer (who doesn't have the vivoactive3).

Frustrated with that app, I just tried using the SUP app that is built into the watch. The SUP app does the same thing - turns off when I'm in the water.

I've tried the SUP app while doing SUP and it works fine, but I usually don't spend much time in the water while SUPing.

I could try not falling in, but . . .

karloe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Vivoactive 3 to log my sessions. Try locking the screen. I use the "Windsurfing" app by George_R. It mostly works fine, but occasionally had weird behavior until I started locking the screen before I go out. GPS seems pretty accurate, but HR accuracy is pretty questionable in the water. Some of the free Apps are a bit quirky, to say the least.
Brian_S

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karloe,
Yes, that was it. You have to drill down into setting to find that but it worked.
Someone else had told me that too.
Thanks,
Brian

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: