myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Now for a COVID humor break: gruesome customer feedback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Now for a COVID humor break: gruesome customer feedback Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

The Weatherflow support staff gets lots of customer feedback about forecasts from all over the country. Since I forecast from Baja to Southern California to the Central California coast to the San Francisco Bay Area I get lots of customer comments.

Most are simple comments that the forecast was low or high for a site. Some have extremely useful local knowledge that really helps us make better forecasts. Some are just plain nasty. I usually spend the most time responding to the nasty ones and surprisingly once we have a few exchanges the nasty ones often become the most useful sources of local information.

And a few customer comments are unique like the time Secret Service agents requested a custom forecast for a presidential candidate. But my favorite customer comment came in this week.

Note: this is not for the squeamish:

Customer wrote:
“Hey just so you know the forecast for Waddell was pretty much dead on. The wind started about 30 min. later than forecast. I flew a 7m kite which was perfect most of the day with a directional and I’m 150lbs. There were a few periods when I could have made a 5M work, but I wouldn’t call the wind particularly gusty or up and down, just the usual Waddell wind. ”

Tell Mike that the guy that cut his finger off in Baja says hi Wink - "Aaron

I wrote back:

Hi Aaron,

Good to hear from you. I still remember that day we saw you being dragged by your kite towards the cactus with the remains of your finger spurting blood. Now that so much time has passed I can tell you a part of the story you were not aware of…

As we supported you for the long walk to La Ventana for help you asked if we would go back to look for your finger. So I ran back down the beach to look for it. As I got closer to the scene of the accident I saw a couple of seagulls fighting over something. I ran towards them hoping they would drop your finger but they flew away with it. Sorry.

I did not have the heart to tell you at the time. But at least part of you got an early start back into the food chain.

Take care,
Mike Godsey

Customer wrote back:

“Oh man LOL. That made my morning, thank you Mike! Also please thank all of iWindsurf for providing such an excellent service. The Bay Area is a great place for wind sports, but the spots are so far apart that it would really suck if we didn’t have such great forecasting.”

ZZ67908121.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.1 KB
 Viewed:  12101 Time(s)

ZZ67908121.jpg

Last edited by windfind on Fri May 01, 2020 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jimoakes

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike. A very funny and crazy story.
May be the gulls revenge for the term " flipping the bird". In this case the birds were flipping the finger!
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think you have done yourself and the entire IWindurf forum , not just the ones that post , but the silent majority also , this should have been posted on the General side, actually maybe all of the index's including Lost and Found.
I don’t feel that I fall on protocol, much, but I think that a President Candidate, deserves to be referred to as his name in addition. John Kerry.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: