myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Covid; La Ventana campground & beaches closed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Covid; La Ventana campground & beaches closed Reply with quote

Hi Gang,

Since La Ventana has had a week of epic wind you may have been thinking about sneaking out of the USA for some great kiting or windsurfing...

Mike Godsey

Playa Cerrada (Beach Closures) - A message from the Delegation of El Sargento/La Ventana: March 28 a meeting was held with the Municipal Civil Protection Directorate regarding the measures we will have to take due to the current health contingency originated by the COVID-19, we inform you through this medium, that it was agreed to restrict access to the beaches of our Delegation, no one will be allowed to camp on our beaches, therefore, a vehicle review filter will be established in the entrance, in order not to allow passage to people who come with the intention of camping in our beaches.

We ask all the local population to support us by also following these measures, leaving their homes only for what is necessary and of course they don't go to the beaches either.

We have to be aware of the situation we live today, let's take care of each other in compliance with all the recommendations that as authorities we ask you. Share the information please!

Interestingly the tiny markets in La Ventana have adopted far more rigorous infection control protocols than USA supermarkets:

Oscaritos & Star Market COVID-19 Update - Starting April 1 the Ultramarinos Oscarito and Star Market stores will be open from 8:00am to 3:00pm with the following conditions:

They will be allowing 4 to 5 people at once. When they finish their purchases those who are waiting outside can enter.
Before entering disinfect your hands with antibacterial gel.
Use face masks.
This as a preventive measure against the health contingency originated by COVID-19. The aforementioned schedule will remain so until further notice. Thank you very much.

https://www.facebook.com/Delegacion-de-El-Sargento-y-su-anexo-La-Ventana-2018-2021-997183940334137/

La Ventanatemp.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.32 KB
 Viewed:  16372 Time(s)

La Ventanatemp.jpg

ctuna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard the president of Mexico was ignoring the Corona
Virus.
windfind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctuna wrote:
I heard the president of Mexico was ignoring the Corona
Virus.

Yes, but like the USA, where some states like Kentucky ignored the president and got an early start on social distancing, some Mexican states like Baja Sur with data conscious leaders have activated effective measures.

Look at COVID cases state by state in the USA. If you ignore coast cities with a major international airport you can see where people are taking distancing seriously. Then check out the state of Washington county by county using the same filtering. Note the similar pattern.(the confounding variable here is poverty since poor people often do not have the luxury of hiding beneath the bed.)

Science Matters should be the new T-shirt meme.

Mike Godsey
rpaillon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Busted at Tomales Reply with quote

The Sheriff came by Grassy Point at about 4 pm today and ordered about six windsurfers off the water through his megaphone. He also placed warnings on the windshields of all the cars parked there. He was probably attracted by the group of cars. I felt it was a bit unjust because I see lots of people walking paths along Corte Madera Creek as well as Richardson Bay without being confronted. I also passed about a dozen bikers on my way to Grassy Point. We were all keeping a good social distance between ourselves. On the other hand this could be the start of a general crackdown which would be a good thing. You can't trust everyone to follow the rules so the fewer people out and about the smaller the chances of dangerous interaction.

By the way it was a challenging day today, especially for people on 4.7's. I was on a 3.5 and got rattled around in the gusts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: