myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
mittens ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpeter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered up a pair of the NP 5mm lobsters. They fit great (XXL seems to correspond to XL) seems like they will work. Just so everyone knows, these are not 5mm gloves. Made of 3mm neoprene. JP
rswabsin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up a pair of these Neil Pryde lobster mitts and finally had a chance to try them out yesterday in nice gusty winds with air temps around 40 and water mid 40's. They do run a little small so keep that in mind when ordering. Very nice well made glove and they worked perfectly with very little forearm fatigue. I've used the DaKine mitts for over 10 years and these are a nice improvement over them. The palm side had a soft gummy like texture that easily grips the boom - but appears quite durable as well. The improved dexterity by having the index finger free was really noticeable during jibing and other sailing handling. Also much easier to connect/disconnect sail from uni and in adjusting the sail rigging if needed. Highly recommend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the posts Took the advice, including sizing. Best hand protection I've used yet.
bred2shred

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a little late to the discussion, but I’ve been using Neil Pryde open palm mitts for several years and have been happy with them. I‘ve never liked having a piece of fabric between my hand and the boom and prefer to have a direct grip on the boom. So the open palm is a little cooler, but I’ve used them down to 40 degrees if not lower. The nice thing about the open palm is that I can also put my whole hand through the palm opening and flip the mitt back on itself to allow 100% gloveless sailing or finger access if I need to adjust the outhaul or something, without removing the mitt. Then when my fingers get cold, I flip the glove back over and stick my hand back in to warm up.

sm
rtz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone got any updates or anything to add to this subject? Any new and better gloves or mitts out there?
jschmucker2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of the DaKine Cold water mitts. Palm is nice and thin, but the sides of the glove are a total sieve, so when you swim a few strokes your hands freeze. Don't know why they didn't just use some thin neoprene
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: