myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Doesn't the far left have ANY interest in seeing both sides?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mac wrote:
Aw, he peeked. The point is to use credible sources to give you facts about what happened. Then you can check different sources to get their opinions on what it means.

Try it Iso. Particularly on climate change.

Peeking? No, I dropped my shields altogether because in beginning a new thread, I feel obligated to consider any and all responses to it for a while. That obligation will come to a screeching halt if you or others continue to kick and lie about long-dead horses. YOU were the one who refused to even look at Lomborg’s extensive and very heavily researched and ongoing body of work until I embarrassed you into at least thumbing through it.

vientomas wrote:
This is an absolute joke coming from the guy who has a "kill file" and refuses to even read comments from other people on the forum. You can't debate someone if you are deaf to what they are saying. What a ridiculous and ironic comment from Iso. Pot, meet kettle.

IIRC, nowhere in my MANY explanations of why I set up my killfile did I include opposition to their ideas. It’s their behavior, not their ideology. Their ideology is often insane (open borders), but that’s half opinion (to which they’re entitled), half factual ignorance (largely because they refuse to even look at, let alone consider, the other sides of the stories), and half total stupidity (damned near anything AOC says).

My obligation to consider responses even included Dean, but I don’t know why I bothered. Child rape rooms, serial liars, posting the whole internet with absolutely no interest in vetting any of it yet endlessly demanding that others re-cite ad infinitum their sources, whole pages of debating with himself a la Brucie … and that was even BEFORE I plonked His Royal Insanity. Every single day I see proven facts on major issues many of you never even see because your so-called “news” media so often miss altogether, lie about, or even outright suppress.

Example: Did you even even know that ABC and NBC, with the support of most other fake news outlets, flat-out censored the now-proved Epstein, Lauer, and Weinstein stories for years for purely self-serving reasons including protecting the Clinton cabal? They even fired “leakers” in some cases! (Since when is publishing unclassified facts “leaking”?)

Of course I’m not innocent of labeling the far left’s (and right’s) behaviors, on both group and personal levels. The difference is that I’ve backed up my accusations, whereas none of you has ever proven -- because, as you know, they’re false -- your frequent claims that I lie or am a racist.

When I encounter a new (to me) dilemma worth the effort (to me), I study both sides in search of one of three end points: clarity, a genuine dilemma with two valid sides, or so much turmoil even among experts that I feel free to choose for myself. That has served me so well over the decades that I can’t comprehend why anyone, even those motivated primarily by hatred like the left and right fringes, would sell their very souls so completely in important issues they don’t even understand because they won’t research it, simply don’t care about the facts, and/or have to belong to some peer group. Even Pelosi, almost alone among her world, understands the threat her party faces if they continue with this stupid, jello-based, totally partisan, opaque, witch hunt poster child, impeachment insanity. "We unofficially declare you guilty, so pack up and leave", my LOL ass.

And that was the short response, devoid of the list of (mostly important, some life-impacting) issues I’ve studied all sides of. Fringers should try it sometime.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-rape-sexual-assault-minor-wife-business-victims-roy-moore-713531

https://www.advocate.com/politics/2017/10/11/editor-lists-all-women-said-president-trump-sexually-assaulted-them
https://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/rapequotes.asp
https://splinternews.com/here-are-all-the-times-donald-trump-has-been-accused-of-1793860459

Quote:
According to the suit, Trump tied her to a bed, exposed himself to her and then raped her in a "savage sexual attack." Doe says she screamed for him to stop at which point he struck her in the face while screaming "that he would do whatever he wanted." In a statement filed with the lawsuit, Doe says Trump threatened to ruin her life and her family's life if she ever told anyone about the incident:

here is the 13 year olds suit, that no major media put front page...

again this girl was 13 years old when trump did this. I say did this because he never filed a response in court and said he would sue all these females and he has not. so he is a liar again. and I say since he has the money and the biggest suer on earth, and this is the most severe accusation with witnesses to back it up at his friends home who has been convicted of raping children and at least 30-60 settlements, who has all of trumps personal numbers to doorman and so on, and trump lied and later said he did not know the serial pedophile Jeffy epstien. Well trump did not remember he was in photos with him, in interviews praising his good friends and in a government raid on the pedophile found all trumps personal numbers.

When is the major media going to cover it?
New u to datehttp://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe-why-does-mueller-think-he-s-above-testifying-62227525668

also epstein caught with fake passport and more

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/joe-why-does-mueller-think-he-s-above-testifying-62227525668

Newly-found footage shows Trump, Epstein at a '92 party
https://news.yahoo.com/jeffrey-epstein-dodged-questions-sex-012218075.html
Note this is scum attn general Barrs father that hired Epstein.
Jeffrey Epstein Dodged Questions About Sex With His Dalton Prep-School Students

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/7/8/1870274/-So-remember-that-2018-BBC-documentary-alleging-Trump-preyed-on-underage-models?detail=emaildkre

So remember that 2018 BBC documentary alleging Trump preyed on underage models?
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/9/1877768/-Epstein-docs-unsealed-so-much-trafficked-sex?utm_campaign=trending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc-uysS6Tlw

Epstein Stories You Won't Find in the News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBQ2XJj8hr4

Escaping NXIVM: Behind the investigation of the alleged sex cult
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/8/11/1878247/-Court-Flight-Logs-Released-yesterday-show-that-Trump-accompanied-Epstein-to-his-private-sex-slave?utm_campaign=trending

Court Flight Logs Released yesterday show that Trump accompanied Epstein to his private sex slave
Alexander Acosta, Trump’s Labor Secretary, Broke the Law in Jeffrey Epstein Case: Judge
https://www.thedailybeast.com/alexander-acosta-trumps-labor-secretary-broke-the-law-in-jeffrey-epstein-case-judge

vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
I was just waiting for Jim Jordan......To break out into the classic line from REO speedwagon...

"I heard it from a friend who, heard it from friend who, heard it from friend you've been messing around""

That would have been bloody brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Matty's hero did nothing while hundreds were molested. But I guess he was white and male.

Quote:
By Tim Marcin
Nov 8 2019, 6:14amShareTweetSnap

A wrestling referee alleges in a lawsuit that when he told Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) that now-disgraced Ohio State doctor Richard Strauss masturbated in front of him in a shower, Jordan did nothing.

The pro referee is identified only as John Doe in court documents, reported NBC News on Thursday. In 1994, when Jordan was an assistant coach on Ohio State’s wrestling team, the ref alleges, Strauss performed the sex act in front of him in a shower after he worked a match.

John Doe says Jordan shrugged it off.

“Yeah, that’s Strauss,” Jordan and then-head coach Russ Hellickson told Doe, according to the lawsuit.

Jordan — an extreme loyalist to President Donald Trump — has taken on an increasingly prominent role within the GOP amid the impeachment inquiry. Republicans are considering adding him to the Intelligence Committee days before public impeachment hearings are scheduled to begin, the Los Angeles Times reported Thursday.

READ: Nearly 1,500 accusations of sexual assault filed against OSU doctor

Jordan has repeatedly denied that he knew about the abuse carried out by Strauss. The longtime Ohio State doctor — who died by suicide in 2005 — abused at least 177 male students, according to a report from the university released in May. But the referee alleges it was an open secret.

Sounds like a guy Matty could be best friends with...

The accusations about Jordan knowing that sexual abuse was occurring and doing nothing to stop were reported by NBC News earlier this week. In the story, NBC News detailed how former wrestlers who competed for Ohio State University when Jordan was an assistant wrestling coach there from 1986 to 1994 claimed he had to have been aware that Dr. Richard Strauss, who worked at the school, would regularly shower with students and grope them during medical appointments. Strauss is accused of having engaged in this conduct from the 1970s through the 1990s, with at least one wrestler saying that he personally told Jordan what Strauss had done.

In one video interview with former head coach Russ Hellickson made by a former wrestler named Mike DiSabato, it was revealed that the erstwhile coach had told Strauss he was too "hands on" with students and needed to stop. DiSabato did not hold back when asked by NBC News about Jordan's denial.

"I considered Jim Jordan a friend. But at the end of the day, he is absolutely lying if he says he doesn’t know what was going on," DiSabato told NBC News. He also claimed that when Jordan was informed that the accusations about Strauss were going to be made public, Jordan requested that DiSabato "please leave me out of it."

Another former wrestler on the squad recalled in detail both Strauss' attempt to molest him and the fact that Jordan both knew about it and threatened Strauss — in order to make sure that the doctor never made a pass at him, that is.

"I remember I had a thumb injury and went into Strauss’ office and he started pulling down my wrestling shorts. I’m like, what the f--- are you doing? And I went out and told Russ and Jim what happened. I was not having it. They went in and talked to Strauss," Dunyasha Yetts told NBC News. He recalled that he and his teammates had a number of conversations with Jordan about Strauss' behavior and added that "for God’s sake, Strauss’s locker was right next to Jordan’s and Jordan even said he’d kill him if he tried anything with him."

Yetts also made it clear that he personally liked Jordan. "He’s a great guy. We would have all these great talks with him and he talked about how one day he’d be the president of the United States," Yetts told NBC News. "So it’s sad for me to hear that he’s denying knowing about Strauss. I don’t know why he would, unless it’s a cover-up. Either you’re in on it, or you’re a liar."

Since that original story was published, a fourth former wrestler came forward and told NBC News that Jordan was lying about not knowing about the accusations against Strauss.

"I participated with Jimmy and the other wrestlers in locker-room talk about Strauss. We all did. It was very common knowledge in the locker room that if you went to Dr. Strauss for anything, you would have to pull your pants down," the wrestler, Shawn Dailey, told NBC News.

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/06/fifth-former-wrestler-accuses-rep-jim-jordan-of-turning-a-blind-eye-to-sexual-abuse/
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lest any you question my advice to pay VERY close attention -- as in question the hell out of every damned thing any medical provider schedules, does, or prescribes for you or your family -- just this week I've been scheduled for a permanent device implantation surgery (instead of the simple non-invasive test I'm supposed to get) and prescribed three drugs (for three entirely different purposes) prone to permanent damage (both balance and hearing) to the one inner ear I have left, rupture (maybe permanently) tendons (I've already had three tendon ruptures), and unnecessarily expose my body to a drastic or even dangerous anticholinergic drug to treat a simple runny nose caused by yet another drug.

Don't take for granted one damned thing your doctors tell you. Just as real (by definition) journalists question and verify every "fact" they report, WE must do the same to our medical providers for the sake of our health.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
I was just waiting for Jim Jordan......To break out into the classic line from REO speedwagon...

"I heard it from a friend who, heard it from friend who, heard it from friend you've been messing around""

That would have been bloody brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Matty's hero did nothing while hundreds were molested. But I guess he was white and male.
More race baiting I see, doesn't matter that race baiters are actually racists. Racism firmly rooted in the brain, it always oozes out like pus.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently if you are hungry enough, you will eat peanuts right out of Jim Jordan's ass too. Here's the shortest version of Jordan's background:

Quote:
Jordan, a former Division 1 wrestler, was an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State from 1986 to 1994. During and before his time at the university, a team doctor, Richard Strauss, allegedly had questionable interactions with teammates and students. Eight former Ohio State University wrestlers have come out against Jordan in recent weeks for reportedly failing to intervene with Strauss, whom they claim was molesting them and students.

Perfect training for running for speaker of the House to replace Boehner?

The bottom line is that Jordan is willing to stay in, and support, fundamentally corrupt institutions. Tough wrestler, but...
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget Denny Hastert, the former Speaker who did TIME IN PRISON... whats up with these high- ranking Rethugs?
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why spend foolish time investing in Fox News, InfoWars, Brietbart, The Daily Caller and a myriad of other decidedly biased right wing sites when I can learn about their bent and twisted tales and lies by reading the comments from dedicated followers here?

Just by reading isobars' commentary on this thread, he is brimful of the ugliness of someone seriously misinformed and clearly on the wrong track. He just oozes the kind of hate and disdain I would prefer to stay away from. No need wallow in the gutter where he get his views and opinions from.

Speaking for myself, I like to stay away from the extremes so common today on cable news and the internet. By focusing on highly respected sources on news and information, you're better able to see and develop a more balanced view of things. Believe it or not, sources like the Washington Post or New York Times do offer varied viewpoints and opinions from the left and the right. They certainly aren't the "fake media" like so many on the right like to rant about. When it comes to broadcast TV, I can say the same about watching the PBS Newshour.

The truth isn't that hard to find. One just needs to avoid the extremes.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see what Dean's factual list of Republican statements has to do with this thread beyond the fact that he at least did look at other sources, but all Snopes is verifying is that they uttered those words. What some of them meant is being distorted.

Santorum explained his legitimate intent perfectly, and it was clear from the beginning to unbiased listeners. My issue with his statements is that he allows no option for rape and incest victims. That's far right fringe biblethumping IMO, and turns me off. Even then, his claim that his hypothetical daughter may someday regret her hypothetical abortion holds a little bit of truth.

"Legitimate rape" made complete sense to me, but not in the sense it was explained. I assumed he meant forceful penetration as opposed to consensual sex followed by second thoughts.

As for "men have a right to forceful penetration", the guy should not hold any position of public influence unless he can actually PROVE he is now a changed man. But, really, Paula Deen getting fired from the Food Network simply because she uttered the N-word* many years or even decades ago? That's asinine.

* I'd have typed the word if I didn't think it would have gotten my post deleted by PC puppets. Context matters! Fox's Tucker Carlson once berated a guest for using the word, "negro" even in an academic context. He is apparently too young to remember that the word simply preceded "people of color", "African Americans", and "blacks". He should get over it. And even our federal government still officially calls the people from whom the white man stole the U.S., "Indians"

"Rape kits clean a woman out and can prevent pregnancy"? Stupid, but so what? It doesn't hold a candle to advocating murdering viable newborns, as at least one governor and one DNC Illinois senator, subsequently a POTUS, advocated while in office.

Mostly interesting, but off topic if for no other reason that you omitted the list of outrageous or deliberately misinterpreted statements by Democrat politicians, rock stars, jocks, etc.

But, REALLY, Dean ... citing YouTube, the Daily Kos, HuffPo, and NBC as legitimate news sources? Surely you jest.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Lets not forget Denny Hastert, the former Speaker who did TIME IN PRISON... whats up with these high- ranking Rethugs?

You're a funny one....how about we look at all the dems in Virginia....a racist with black face, a black rapist, and a pedophile..... great job Virginia...

Jim Jordan is doing a great job and is fantastic at exposing liberal scum.. the more you hate the more I love him..
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Why spend foolish time investing in Fox News, InfoWars, Brietbart, The Daily Caller and a myriad of other decidedly biased right wing sites when I can learn about their bent and twisted tales and lies by reading the comments from dedicated followers here?

Just by reading isobars' commentary on this thread, he is brimful of the ugliness of someone seriously misinformed and clearly on the wrong track. He just oozes the kind of hate and disdain I would prefer to stay away from. No need wallow in the gutter where he get his views and opinions from.

Speaking for myself, I like to stay away from the extremes so common today on cable news and the internet. By focusing on highly respected sources on news and information, you're better able to see and develop a more balanced view of things. Believe it or not, sources like the Washington Post or New York Times do offer varied viewpoints and opinions from the left and the right. They certainly aren't the "fake media" like so many on the right like to rant about. When it comes to broadcast TV, I can say the same about watching the PBS Newshour.

The truth isn't that hard to find. One just needs to avoid the extremes.

You obviously never watch Fox news. If you did you would know how stupid and ill-informed your statement is...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: