myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Infinity 76 wing first thoughts
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Infinity 76 wing first thoughts Reply with quote

Is it better than the original wing? Yes. Is it $500 better? Probably not.
It flys a bit earlier. Its a bit more stable fore and aft. It might carry a bit more speed at a higher angle of attack. It does glide a very long way in the lulls.
That glide does give you more time to make a foiling turn but you still need skills to do it. For the big guys it might be just enough better to save your day. For me at about 165 lbs. it might get me out on a 4.2 instead of my 4.7
I"ll post again after a few more sessions and I'll go back out on the other wing for a better comparison if anyone out there is interested....
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day I had it out I was on a 4.7 pretty much bank to bank foiling. One windsurfer out on a big board and a 7.5 going 50% for half the lake
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The day I had it out I was on a 4.7 pretty much bank to bank foiling. One windsurfer out on a big board and a 7.5 going 50% for half the lake
atlas.wave55

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Ya that would be interesting to see the difference in the two wings, I have never tryed the 2018 wing but had my first go the the '19 hover Glide(76 wing)/ 90 CM mast/jp 135 board/7.5 twin cam sail. Foil was in B postion, I'm only 65kgs. Winds were light 6 gusting to 10 knots and dying. The only foil i can compair it to is the 2018 Neil pryde AL(blue) foil. I found it much more stable when flying and was more front foot dominant. Which caused me to keep weight over my front foot, head and hips forward. The foil didn't even breach and it was very predictable...and I'm defiantly not a good foiler yet and have only about 12 foiling sessions under my belt. I got up easily in a small gust and it would keep going through the lulls.I was getting runs of about 200m on the foil before touch downs(Which was uncommon for me on the np foil). I can't wait to get more time with this foil. And am super excited to see where this foil can take me. So far really impressed!
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, 2 of the best foilers here both use the 76.
Both could barely jibe before the 76, and instantly got to 80+ % foiling jibes within 3 days after switching.
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, meant to say best FOILING jibers, no offence to the course racers here.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the H2 for 2 years, foiled one gybe barely.
Getting the 76cm in a week or two.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're in for a treat. The low speed foiling is pretty unreal on thw 76, as is it's upwind angles.
grantmac017

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be able to ride downwind swells. The H2 is just a bit unstable right at stall so carving them with it is a challenge, plus I have to rig bigger than I'd like. Tempted by the 84cm but I'd like a little more speed.
If it suddenly makes me a gybe master than I'm extra happy but I doubt it will.

I may also try it on a SUP with one of those silly inflatable wings some day for use while traveling.
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so happens that the two I mentioned were the very best jibers when windsurfing, and both former freestylers in great shape and young.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: