myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Formula Board Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennisrodger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:05 pm    Post subject: Formula Board Suggestions Reply with quote

Im interested in getting into Formula racing and theres a lot of options to choose from as far as boards. Any suggestions on how to not go wrong in deciding on a board. I weigh about 160 and typically the wind is light where I sail so Im thinking lots of volume.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 4:52 pm    Post subject: RE: Formula Board Suggestions Reply with quote

Take a look at the forum page at star-board.com. Lots of racing info available on star bulletin board and ask our team.
fasteddie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 8:52 am    Post subject: RE: Formula Board Suggestions Reply with quote

Check out the new Drops Formula boards at windmall.com Drops have many sizes in the formula class. It is important to match your weight,sail size and fin. At 160 you may not need lots of volume to get planning in 8-10, so choose a board the has enough volume but not too much. Choose a board that has strap placement that you can handle when the wind comes up and you need to go down wind.Make sure you get the best fin available (tectonics).
usa04

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Formula Board Suggestions Reply with quote

The BIC FW1.3 just won the Islamorada Pro-Am and that was light air. KP also won the worlds on it.
rintintin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:23 am    Post subject: RE: Formula Board Suggestions Reply with quote

Just bought all my formula stuff to, #1. get hooked in and back in the straps when the wind hits 12mph w/9.8m. I currently have to lug around 210 lbs. on the soles of my feet. I did a lot of shopping and found a SB 175 for 1150.00 new on the showroom floor about two months ago. #2. reason is that I used to race some and wanted to try to start racing again. Been to a couple of races since buying the FW stuff. Long and shortboard champs in Tampa and the Islemorada proam. The nice about the FW class is that its begining to bring the partispation in the reggtas up again. Steve G. and his access to aerotec sails includeing the 12m was only racing against himself in heavyweight fwclass at long short board race but little Nate from V.I. was able to race him, same start but Nate was fwlight class. The brand dosnt make alot of difference. The salior, vloume, and price are the most important things to consider for me. I think the 2000, 01, stuff will still compete with the 02 stuff. Try before buy.
SHOP-SHOP-SHOP. See you at the races
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: