myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tiga board mfg problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcsherman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 12:13 am    Post subject: Tiga board mfg problems Reply with quote

I am thinking about buying a Tiga FreeX board. However, I heard that they had a lot of problems with one of their mafg runs this year and turned-out a bunch of boards with seam leaks after a few days of use/sun.
Anybody had an experience with this sort of thing? I would not know how to spot a bad seam if I saw one, so I am reluctant to buy now.
pedram

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: RE: Tiga board mfg problems Reply with quote

The Tiga FreeX and Bic Techno both come from the same mold. Those molds have been used a LOT! Both board lines have been known to produce more than their fare share of lemons!
davesmith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Tiga board mfg problems Reply with quote

I have purchased Bic Techno 283 and 273, both had SEVERAL seam leaks. The dealer replaced the 283, and I superglued the leaks in the 273 (at the recommendation of the dealer). Of the 3 other people I know who have gotten them, 2 have gotten boards with leaks, and 1 of those has gotten his board replaced three times. I like the board, but am disappointed at the lack of quality this shows.
marcsherman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2001 7:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Tiga board mfg problems Reply with quote

Imagine if you had bought the board through a mail-order house! In the Buy/Sell section there is somebody selling new Tigas cheap based on a special purchase lot that he has gotten a hold of....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: