myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Brexit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pound is the worst currency this year. Only Nigeria tracked worse. Even Haiti has a stronger currency. Could very well be the start of a huge inflation as well, not to mention last in line for trade. Not a good start.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To insert a bit of reality into this whole nationalistic thing that Brexit seems to interject into the picture, one only needs to look back into the 20th Century to see where Europe warred and struggled hugely with that kind of thing. Of course, today's a different world, but let's not fool ourselves into losing sight of the past, particularly if things get carried away.

It useful to think of our republic here in the USA, and how it works. There's a lot of strength in our togetherness, but things are a bit more difficult for Europe with the cultural differences and potential craziness that surrounds them from non-European countries not that far away.

Needless to say, we are finding difficulty ourselves with aliens infiltrating our country, particularly to fulfill a need for cheap labor. The European Union faces the same alien infiltration problems with a lot more of a cultural challenge, particularly when it comes down to getting along, and an ultimate goal of assimilation.

Things aren't as simple as some would like to think. Good reason not to fall victim to those like Donald Trump and his twisted nationalistic message.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SWC. A voice of sanity!

We understand only too well, and no, we don't have the answers to the problems of the world. I just hope we have chosen wisely for the longer term. That is what matters to us.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
To insert a bit of reality into this whole nationalistic thing that Brexit seems to interject into the picture, one only needs to look back into the 20th Century to see where Europe warred and struggled hugely with that kind of thing. Of course, today's a different world, but let's not fool ourselves into losing sight of the past, particularly if things get carried away.

It useful to think of our republic here in the USA, and how it works. There's a lot of strength in our togetherness, but things are a bit more difficult for Europe with the cultural differences and potential craziness that surrounds them from non-European countries not that far away.

Needless to say, we are finding difficulty ourselves with aliens infiltrating our country, particularly to fulfill a need for cheap labor. The European Union faces the same alien infiltration problems with a lot more of a cultural challenge, particularly when it comes down to getting along, and an ultimate goal of assimilation.

Things aren't as simple as some would like to think. Good reason not to fall victim to those like Donald Trump and his twisted nationalistic message.

What a stupid point in the highlighted section. Lets see you back that up with facts before I believe it. That is a lie from everything I have read on the numbers and they have been hashed out. Show how right now or under Obama the numbers are higher than previous. I see matt-ty had his way with his boy.

again for me the dems tried to pass a national ID law several times. An ID that would let the employer off the hook from liability in hiring people who are here without legal status. One with biometrics. But the right wing has blocked it every time.

The farmers from your state do not want such a ID as well as farmers ranchers, chemical, food packaging processing and on and on absolutely do not want such a law. That way they can pay lower wages and threaten them like Trump did when his illegal workers that he sought to build trump towers would accepts 1/3 the wages, work without protective gear like hard hats, work 14 hour shifts and if they complained as he did he threatened to have them deported.

Second right wingers do not want such an ID out that would be easily painlessly available. Available at any post office with biometrics. What in some Nevada DMV's for instance in years past I have had a 3 hour wait to see a human.

remember these people working in the fields do pay federal income taxes, the employer is mandated to withhold them. And they can not get that money back. They pay more federal income taxes than trump has in probably 20 years. They pay more per individual than trump for national defence, veterans, and to defence contractors than again trump does.

swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey airhead, most thoughtful folks understand that we have approximately 11-12 million illegal immigrants in this country, and that they have come to the US for jobs. Why in the hell would I spend any time proving that point to a fool like you?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Hey airhead, most thoughtful folks understand that we have approximately 11-12 million illegal immigrants in this country, and that they have come to the US for jobs. Why in the hell would I spend any time proving that point to a fool like you?

hey swindler... what is the net illegal immigration rate now vs when Bush was in office.

so will you and yours begin cleaning the toilets, prepping the food for consumption and picking the crops? mowing your lawns?

were the blacks who built the USA to what it is for free brought in for slavery legal or illegal?

how were the levys to your state built?

How were the railroads in the USA built?

who paid more for your government related paycheck the trump who was legal or illegals?

Last edited by real-human on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean, you are such a fool. You can't even get my name right.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
xxx, you are such a fool. You can't even get my name right.

hey troll. Swindler... I got it exactly right... you are just too much of an airhead to understand...

swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDean, it's just you in your own goofy world. It's just you, all by yourself, and nobody is ever with you. Posting ever more and more repetitive nonsense won't change that. You're doomed.
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swindler wrote:
xxxxx, it's just you in your own goofy world. It's just you, all by yourself, and nobody is ever with you. Posting ever more and more repetitive nonsense won't change that. You're doomed.

awe poor little troll

Hey, fight my points and then maybe i would respect you. But you never have and never will because that is just who you are. you cut and run like the right wingers do here. You have always started it and can not take it right back at ya.

too funny you started it long ago giving personal advice to people who do not know you. You do realize how stupid and childish that was and is. And you think I would ever after that respect you after starting it, are you delusional?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: