myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for some ocean sessions in sunny Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awhite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Looking for some ocean sessions in sunny Florida Reply with quote

From Canada and am going to be in Northern Florida over the March break (14th - 21st) visiting my daughter who is in the Gainsville area training at an equestrian center. Wondered if I should bring my wave gear and where would be the prime launches within a couple hours' drive? Also water temp etc., typical wind for this time of year. I would appreciate any info I can get as it's been a long winter up here with no signs of it ending soon.
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

closest spot: matanzas inlet, just south of st augustine.

colder water, hanna park atlantic beach, NE section of jacksonville. when going to hanna, take the northern most parking lot, sail/walk north to the jetty.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring your stuff! Here's the St Augustine / Matanzas Inlet area:
http://wx.iwindsurf.com/map#29.706,-81.228,10,1

sa.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  169.54 KB
 Viewed:  8386 Time(s)

sa.png

rollerrider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at St Augustine a couple weeks ago but had no gear with me (flew down for a week). Looks like a great area for wave sailing. Matanzas parking lot to the water is at least a 600 ft walk. Good for kiters. St Augustine Beach has allot of access points. You can actually drive and park on the beach. The pier and Anastasia park are also good access spots. Take a look at the satellite view of the area. When we retire (soon) we probably will move to Florida. St Augustine would be my first choice or Jupiter area a close second. Talked to some kiters and other locals on St Augustine Beach and they have not seen windsurfers in years. You might not have any windsurfing company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: