myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Accommodations Bonaire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buczacz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Accommodations Bonaire Reply with quote

For the solo traveler, economically priced accommodations are difficult to find on Bonaire. It is not that they don't deliver value, but there is an alternative for those that don't need the swimming pool, ocean view and an easy walk to the local night spot. This past week, I had a very pleasant stay at the Surf Hostel located at the far end of Lac Bay. [info@surfhostelbonaire.com] The rate for in-suite cabana (two beds), breakfast and dinner was less that half the cost of a studio apartment at the other places I explored. I expect a bed in the dormitory is even cheaper. The accommodations are very simple (no air conditioning or hot water). The dinners are surprisingly good and plentiful. The place is clean, quiet, comfortable, friendly and a short drive to / from Jibe City on Lac Bay. Very Happy
Caribchakita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately Bonaire has a plethora of under 100 a night accommodations. For under 50, yes Surf Hostel is a fun spot. It caters to the young windsurfer and is truly a rustic hostel. I went to a raging party there in March. The owners are great.

Twitter: bonairebliss
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurking here. Wanted to throw in my endorsement of Caribchakita (Ann), who my wife and I have been using as a travel agent for Bonaire windsurfing vacations for a decade now. She lives on the island half the year and always knows the latest on what's going on there. Just as important for the thrifty windsurfer: she makes her $ from the hotels and vendors she hooks you up with. Costs you nothing!
Caribchakita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where's the like button, Michael?

Twitter: bonairebliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: