myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veterduet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Marina Bay/Isabel Reply with quote

Had to be there early, while the eddy was still spinning! It was strong southerly from 12 or so till about 2:45.

Looks like Isabel will be taking a rest for the next few days.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:34 pm    Post subject: Ops! TI Reply with quote

Got too greedy and went back to TI instead of taking the safe bet at Crissy. Out very early with 5.0 and RRD 85, it worked for a 45' and then started to drop ... long slog but luckily it must have been ebbing because I had no problem going back to the landing spot ... still a bit too cavalier on my part: I was the only one out and with no radio ... Shocked
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told my wife that Washoe does not have sign that reads; "Closed for the season." But rather the negatives just mount until it just isn't fun anymore; I.E. too shallow, mud rather than water as gets more and more shallow, dead fish (hasn't happened yet), walking farther and farther out to get to thigh or knee deep water, etc. So two of us and occasionally others have been going to Lahontan Res instead. Pleasant surroundings, clean water, warm sandy beaches (go barefoot). An hour from Reno east as opposed to 20 to 30 minutes to Washoe. So far plenty of water at Lahontan. Most of the reservoirs around Reno are super low except Tahoe, Donner, Pyramid; so may have to branch out and try other places but most of the wind is at Washoe, so a sad second half of summer.
Having said all that Lahontan has been a treat this year so far. Lots of trips to Bay/Rio/coast in store.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

No rest for the wicked. Isabel surprised with strong winds and high swell from 1 to 3. Rigged too big, had to back off and do it again. Got in just in time, as it got pretty weird toward the end. Looked on the charts like Berkeley was similar, or even more so?
89Spring

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently 12:30 at Ft. Baker nice breeze but the flood is raging, frustrating with a 4knt flood. Not sure where to sail
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Marina Reply with quote

The Berkeley Marina wind and waves were especially nice today. Between the Cal Sailing Club and Point Emery, there were four and five foot white caps at high tide, but I kept in mind the caution about the wind suddenly dropping and didn't venture very far upwind. Did any freeway commuters see me? Although readings seem a little high by comparison to other sites, there was plenty of wind, as today's chart confirms.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: 16-20 Crissy Reply with quote

Monday 16: Great day at Crissy: very windy around 2:30 out with a 3.7 and RRD 75. By 4:00 the wind is down but still a very robust 4.3. when I leave at 5:30 the wind is still strong. Choppy inside as usual but flattish on the outside in the flood to slack conditions. Lots of friendly faces (something changing at Crissy?) Very Happy

Tuesday 17: much less windy. Out early with 5.0 and RRD 85, just powered up for about 1h, then the wind start to decrease. Time for a big sail, or wait a bit and see if it comes back, but I call the day short. Suddenly quite a lot of kites out in the light-ish wind and slack conditions. I'll end up learning to Kite for my old age but still do not really get it ... they are so slow, including the hydrofoils. I gain on most with the RRD 85/5.0 combo that is a very slow kit, and the one guy out with a proper slalom kit smokes everybody ...

Wed 18: starts as a weak 5.0 but than picks up for a very nice day with steady powered 5.0. Lot's of Kites (must be seasonal?), lot's of slalom, and not too many B&J. I guess I have to take my slalom out in days like this but I am just too lazy ... Shocked

Thu 19: Home (MTB)

Fri 20: great day to end the week. Very early at the beach and I pay the price by having to change sails. Start with 5.0 but after a while switch to 4.3 perfectly powered up. Very Flat outside with a BIG flood at the north tower around 3:30-4:00. Call it off early because I have stuff to do but it is blowing steady with no sign of dropping off!

Very nice week overall!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 8 times in total
veterduet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Reply with quote

The one time the daily briefing doesn't mention the possibility of a die off at 4 PM (as it's been predicting almost every day until today) guess what? It dies a horrible (east wind to no wind) death! However, it wasn't too bad from 1:30 to 3:30 or so. [/u]
tomg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI was a nice low 20s... until ~530pm when it cratered. Was still blowing like stink over nearer to Pt. Blunt (30mph), but with a flood tide, it was indeed a worrisome schlog to get back to the launch.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Marina Bay/Isabel Reply with quote

Isabel was swell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 49 of 329

Jump to: