myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.7s to 4.2s (4.2 on 80Lt. for me) w/ waist high sets, yesterday from noon to almost dark. Very tired legs today, feels so good.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where was that at NW?
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arroyo Laguna, but don't tell anybody. Wink
mac

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 plus at Berkeley, 20 plus at the top of the pier. Life is good. Spring gets earlier every year. Wonder why that is?
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 02-23-2014 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges today. Naish Titan and an Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. I had fun. Water level does not seem to have been affected by the drought.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: New Brighton 02-24-2014 Reply with quote

New Brighton today on my Angulo G'ud 10'10" and Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. Wind was up to 9 knots when I arrived in the parking lot. Died to an average of 3 to 5 knots for most of the 1-1/2 hour session. Caught some waves at Bombora and in towards the cliffs from there. So still fun even at that low wind and it even died to zero for about five minutes where I just had to sit and wait for something to come back up. Well not just sit and wait...watched sea otters and harbor seals who seemed to be curious as to why I was just sitting there. Why couldn't I get up and get going and scare some fish their way?
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Bodega, Sat. Feb. 22 Reply with quote

7.3 sub-planing but enough to stay upwind. Better than week upon week of not sailing. One other person sailing, plus a couple of kites.
windward1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: New Brighton State Beach on 03-04-2014 Reply with quote

Well I sailed New Brighton State Beach last Tuesday and went out there again today. . Launched with the Angulo 10’10” G’ud and my Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. Wind measured one to six knots. Swell was coming in at 4 to 8 feet and up to 22 second period. No beach as the waves were up to the rip rap rocks. I took the board down to the ranger’s roadway and then the sail. Then took each to the beach quickly while no big set was coming in. Snapped the two together and held up the sail with the board on the wet sand, occasionally being surrounded in water from an incoming wave. Had to wait awhile for there to be enough of a lull between sets and the wind to come up enough to attempt a launch. Tricky, but I was able to launch and get out. Had to climb one wave face with very little wind. Tacked up to just before Bombora which was going off hard and caught a great wave, rode it through Bombora and into under the cliffs and down to where the seasonal waterfall marks the cliffs. Good ride. Wave at times up to my shoulder plus at times. Part of it broke on my position, but was able to ride past that and keep on going along the face of the wave. All this without much wind. Angulo is a good SUP. And sail SUP. Rode some more waves there and farther towards Capitola. Seven surfers out at Capitola. I stayed east of them so no conflicts whatsoever. The wind lightened further to where catching a swell was difficult and could prove dangerous. I sailed out a ways to be beyond any possible breaking point. Then the wind died. The current and swell drift was taking me back towards New Brighton. That was ok. It was warm and I could wait for whatever wind was to arrive. Seals and a sea otter occasional popped up and craned their necks to check me out. Waited on the board for about a third of an hour and then a very little south wind came up. This was something, but not great as it was driving me now towards Bombora and that was a break I did not wish to be in without some power. I uphauled and tried to sail on the incoming swell to see if any was catchable. Unless I went deeper inside where it heaved, it was not catchable. And with the wind so light, I decided to err on the side of safety and give that up. Decided it did not appear to be coming up any stronger and headed back to New Brighton. By now the wind, still light, had swung to the southwest. I made it back to New Brighton and was able to time coming in between sets. That was good as shortly after, with the tide falling, the large swell was thundering in with few breaks. Several surfers headed out to surf New Brighton.
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 03-06-2014 Reply with quote

Had fun at Natural Bridges today. Used my Naish Titan and my Ezzy 7.0 Cheetah. Could not get out at first. I had measured 8 to 16 knots at the parking lot overlook, but the wind had died somewhat while I rigged. At the launch area it was 0 to 6 knots. I kept getting rejected by the incoming swell that averaged about 4 to 6 feet at the launch with a 12 second period. After a half hour of stubbornly trying I caught a break and made it out.
Outside the wind was better and came up a bit for awhile. I can plane in 14 knots with that rig and was mostly doing so. Coming in, I would look for swell to catch and play on. Just up from Natural Bridges the swell was running higher and occasionally a set would have one or two waves in the 8 to 10 foot range. These were fun.
After an hour and a half the wind lightened and I decided to try and get back to shore between sets. However the wind near shore, in the impact zone would die to nothing. A few times I was able to jibe and/or uphaul and go back out. But one time did not make it. The waves caught me and beat me and my rig back into shore. No finesse there, but I did not break anything, so all good.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A.L. again today with the same stuff as last time, 4.2 x 80 Lt., with shoulder high sets. Tomorrow is supposed to be more windy, calling for an earlier day, should be fun. Spring may have sprung. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 33 of 329

Jump to: