myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TMobile in La Ventana?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlshirey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: TMobile in La Ventana? Reply with quote

Any use the Global Roaming feature of TMobile in La Ventana? How good was the voice and data reception and coverage?
LUCARO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would love to hear more on this as i too have tmo and will be in laventana soon
windfind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your coverage in the La Ventana and El Sargento area will be through the Mexican companies TelCell or Movistar no matter who your is USA provider. Your phone will automatically connect with those providers but the rate will be very unfavorable. Instead set up a short term plan for Mexico with your provider. The cost is very minimal.

AT&T has plans such as the Viva Mexico plan that allows you to use TelCell services to call the USA very inexpensively.

TMobile has a similar plan with Movistar which seem mores expensive but has free texting.

Be careful using data since the charges add up incredibly fast unless your providers play has an agreement with the Mexican provider.

I am updating the Cellular Part of my Baja Guide:

http://blog.weatherflow.com/baja-guide-by-mike-godsey/

So look for updates and send me any information you dig up.

Mike Godsey
weatherflow.com
windalert.com
iwindsurf.com
ikitesurf.com
sailflow.com
fishweather.com
USAfishing.com
windnotes.phanfare.com

BajaBlogTitle1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  115.67 KB
 Viewed:  10870 Time(s)

BajaBlogTitle1.jpg

rlshirey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: TMobile Initiated Global Raoming 11/1/13 Reply with quote

Mike thanks for the feedback. The reason I wanted recent "on the ground reporting" is TMobile initiated what they call "Global Roaming" 11/1/13. In selected countries, Mexico is one of them, they provide, for no extra charge for most of their plans, unlimited free texting (to/from US phones) and unlimited data when in the select country. In addition, they charge 20 cents per minute for all calls (to/from the US or select country). I was hoping to hear from someone using the system brief us on how well this works in La Ventana.

This link, http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/57589, was from a TM user in China using the Global Roaming service. It would be great if the same was capable in La Ventana.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: