myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Fred Noble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trudyl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Fred Noble Reply with quote

frednobleadventure.com
Please go to the link above. Fred has been responsible for a lot of the eary gorge windsurfing sites, especially Rowena. I remember when I first started windsurfing I met Fred. One time in the summer when I forgot my wetsuit at Rufus he let me borrow his extra wetsuit. He was always fun to have at any beach.
Trudy Lary
gmclean

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this Trudy.
trudyl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

Here's the lastest blog

http://www.frednobleadventure.com/blog/

End of Life
November 20th, 2013
A person becomes eligible to go on Hospice once it is determined one has six months or less to live. My choice is to die here at home.

I am now under 24 hour home care. Hospice is supplemented as an add on to provide me with in home emergency care and keep me comfortable right to the end. I have a big box of medications, morphine for pain and a bunch more for breathing, pooping & peeing and other functions. Acupuncture is my go to medication for comfort and pain relief. I have a myriad of life support equipment so I cannot stray too far from electricity.

Make no mistake I am fine with the end of life. You know I have lived a life filled with many adventures and shared experiences with all of you. The adventure continues and I am approaching it with the same conviction, spirit and passion as I had before ALS.

I am fortunate that I can die in my home in beautiful surroundings built by my daughter and son-in law, They are here 3 days a week to handle my legal affairs, pay my bills, do maintenance on the house and give me love and moral support. I can no longer swallow food and take all nourishment through a feeding tube.

My goal is to make it to April 12, 2014 for Ski to Defeat ALS on Mt. Hood. and finish my documentary.

All in all I am doing pretty well and visitors are always welcome. I can no longer speak and E mails are the only way to communicate.

Come over any time but email first: noblecmh@aol.com

~ Fredinator
bobgp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Fred at the Ski show he was in awesome spirits. Making sure I would take part in the ALS event at Meadows. Writing quick little notes on his dry erase board and smiling with thumbs up. What a guy.
dinger4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Trudy for posting this. Fred changed our lives when we decided to pursue heli-skiing. I was not aware of his accomplishments until your post. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to thank him!!

Craig
trudyl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a short bio on his website.

About Fred Noble
Known as a sort of Pied Piper of the ski slopes, Fred Noble has been sharing his love for adventure for more than 40 years while spreading his infectious joy and making friends in his travels around the world.

Based in Portland most of his adult life, Fred came to prominence as an elite-level backcountry skier as a subject in the popular Warren Miller extreme skiing movies in the 1980s. He also became a noted maverick in the sport of windsurfing, where his daring antics were matched by his passion for helping the sport grow to acceptance. He is a founding member of the Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association, and was instrumental in establishing several windsurfing-friendly state parks on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge. Each year, the association hands out the Fred Noble Golden Shovel Award to one hard working volunteer in honor of Fred’s vision and leadership.

His sense of adventure led him to discover helicopter skiing in the remote mountains of British Columbia, where he now leads groups on heli-skiing and heli-hiking vacations as a representative for Canadian Mountain Holidays. He has explored his passion for photography in travels to more than 85 countries, making countless friends with his playful humor and profound, disarming charm.

In late 2010, Fred was diagnosed with ALS, and has since applied his passion for volunteerism to the fight against the fatal disease.

He continues to live by one of his favorite mottos:

“Make the world a better place for others, and you make the world a better place for yourself.”

Written by Phil Favorite
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: