myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Friday in CT / RI
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slinky and JPeter.. Have you thought of going to Hammo?
jpeter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Not decided yet Reply with quote

Might check out the madison surf club site. If it's ridiculous wind. I'm not a member here, not sure if I can post again.

JP
jpeter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: contact Reply with quote

Jaypeter1@msn.com if you want to plan somewhere. JP
gavin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: hammo Reply with quote

A number of us are planning on Hammo though the forecast has been diminished somewhat. SW or SSW is ok at hammo if the tide is not too high. The shorebreak can be tough, but rig big and you will get out. They were pumping sand on the beach last spring which makes the sandbar much bigger. Last week I sailed off of the Madison Surf club and found the chop to worse than Hammo...
blockidog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gavin…go to RI...
gavin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: dog i got things... Reply with quote

I'll be a lucky dog to get any sailing in tomorrow...[/b]
DrWind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning on going to Ocean Beach Park (New London) this morning. Location looks prime side shore conditions.

Lars
DrWind

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing! Winds 30-50 at Ocean Beach. Nice waves for LIS. Had a buddy for a change, JP joined me as well. Definitely one of the top days of the season.

Need to check the internet to see if anyone on the New London Ferry took and shared any pics.

Lars
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vesterlh wrote:
Amazing! Winds 30-50 at Ocean Beach. Nice waves for LIS. Had a buddy for a change, JP joined me as well. Definitely one of the top days of the season.

Need to check the internet to see if anyone on the New London Ferry took and shared any pics.

Lars

Glad you had some company Lars. Went to check out Hammo at 9:30, and shorebreak was too much. My smallest sail now is a 5.0 so I decided to sail here after 12:00 when the wind backed off to 20-35 and had a great afternoon at Harveys with the kiters.

That ferry passes fairly close to the beach no?
jpeter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: ocean beach Reply with quote

Had a good day at ocean beach. I sat out a few 20 minute periods when the wind was ripping. Switched down from 4.2 to 3.7 after 10am or so. During the downpour the wind steadied out in the low to mid 30's for a bit so I felt dialed in for maybe 20minutes. I got beaten down pretty good in the AM, so took advantage of some relaxing 5.3 sailing in the afternoon. Got some real good wave rides then.

Lars is a madman, sailing out of sight toward Fishers island. So the ferry need not be close to the beach for pics to be taken. Actually there are a few ferry routes out of the Thames and one of them is close. So it is tough to tell if ur in the channel, cause there are three.

I would sail at ocean beach again.

JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: