myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WINDSPORT interviews Isobars. Please join in
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are new to the forum iso, please tell us all again about the $78 sandwich. that was one of my favorites.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I might cancel my subscription now.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
Iso, can you turn off your kill file thing for this interview ... a few of the people who are apparently on it are posting some pretty reasonable questions.

It's been off since you opened the thread, expressly for that reason. However, insightful questions not packaged in lies or venom take priority. Replies to the rest take time I'm extremely short on to take seriously, dig out of the cesspool, sanitize, and package for public interest.
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
GuyT, that was more directed to Scott. I didn't find anything wrong with what you wrote. He was calling BS journalism. While I'm not claiming I'm a good journalist, or even that I am a journalist, it begged a response.

Sorry, I misinterpreted your comment.

By the way, I never thanked you for saving my board many many years ago.

It happened at Doug's year 2000 or 2002. My rig detached from my board, and I was losing it. It was a yellow Tiga 259 that cost me a fortune. You took my board back to shore. I didn't see it, but people told me you managed to sail it back, one feet on my board and the other on yours.

It tried desperately to find you on the the beach to thank you but never did. I remember someone that told me "Don't worry about it, he probably had fun doing it" Smile

So, thanks!
maxpowers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuyT, that's awesome. I don't remember that exact incident, but they were right to tell you I had so much fun doing it. Whenever anyone broke down, I wanted to take the board in because it was fun sailing one on each foot. So, my pleasure.

Iso, could you describe the "epic" day a little more? How windy? Crowd? Swells?

A couple people sent me links to old threads. I haven't gone through all of them yet. But it appears there's a trend: a question is asked, you give an answer, someone contradicts what you wrote in a scathing way (in the one I read it appeared to be an attack because of who wrote it), then your responses get harsher. Is this a typical pattern for when threads turn bad?

If you were to assign responsibility for when a post turns bad, what portion of that responsibility would you say you own and how much belongs to others? There's no wrong answer here, and aside from the post I mentioned above, I don't have an assumption about this.

It appears that there is a distinct group of people who would characterize themselves (and you may too) as sort of online adversaries, enemies or just people that really don't like each other. How did this come about?

Do you ever troll?
scottwerden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxpowers wrote:
I can see you're not friends. That's interesting, but if you can pose the comparison as a question rather than an insult, it might yield something.

I actually don't categorize us as friends or not-friends. I do not know Mike, I only know the isobars persona. I actually don't mind the isobars posts all that much except that we are on opposite sides of the political spectrum. But he has so many here and on other forums who hate him, he knows it, yet he continues to yank chains despite the antipathy that ensues. I still want to know why.

Call that an insult if you want, but I have not said anything untrue.
GuyT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered what pushes a person to write almost compulsively on forums, because let's face it, it's very futile.

I am not specifically talking about Isobars, I myself am a forum addict and I am pretty ashamed of it. If I don't write much on IWindsurf (good for you!), it's because English is not something I master, but God knows how active I am on French windsurfing forums.

Who really cares of what I think of quads versus single fins or on 4 battens sails? We all have strong opinions on things and mine won't change yours.

And, let's face it my evaluation of my latest board has no interest, who's not going to say that it's the best board they ever had, after spending a grant and a half on it?

Every once in a while, I write a good topic and get positive feedback from people. Most of the time, it had humour in it and managed to put a smile on a few people for a couple of seconds. But is it worth the incredible waist of time I spend in front of a computer?

So the question is, why do I have this compulsive need to write on forums?

Any answer to that, Isobars?
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While isobars may be smart, he can be very blind at the same time. Here's a example of just that although I have no previous engagement with person. It's a guitar review I was reading today and I couldn't help but think of isobars. He may be all the "SMART " he claims to be but by the time they're done telling you how "SMART" they are, all I want to do is reach through the screen and punch them in the nose. You don't have to read all the way through to get the point.

EDIT: And it's a cheap, crappy guitar!

Quote:

I STAND BEHIND THE VALUE & PERFORMANCE OF THIS BLUE TBUCKET 300CE GUITAR
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (5.0)
FrancesYork Report on May 31, 2013 (updated June 4, 2013)
Professional Blues R&B Gospel Jazz Alternative Rock Classic Rock Pop Rock Folk Country Bluegrass Classical
I was classically trained for piano but did not have adequate practice space. So, at age 13 I demanded my parents continue my musical genius by acquiring a guitar for my musical advancement and investigations. Following a deep love of and interest in folk and ethnocultural traditions, artistry, and music and over the course of about seven years, I taught myself to expert level guitar instrumentation and technique.

Using this wisdom and these skills, I then formed a small folk and traditional country music duo with a close friend. We enjoyed some success playing folk music "coffee house" like venues in such establishments as high fashion/gourmet restaurants, major hotel "listening salons" in such places as Sheratons, "A Class" Holiday Inns, Ramada "Business & Conference Circle" Hotels, a Hyatt Regency or two, and invited performances at "boutique" resorts at several USA National Park locations such as Arcadia National Park, the Cape Cod Seashore, the Key West, Florida, Tropical Oceanic Weather and Sea Life Preserve, and other places, too.

The folk duo eventually expanded to five pieces playing a provocative assortment of traditional, cover, and a few original selections. All these ensembles featured me as lead guitar and occasional lead singer for the traditions of Pete Seeger, Woody Guthrie, the Weavers and Peter, Paul, & Mary, and James Taylor as well as the more rock 'n roll focused music of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, Fleetwood Mac, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Eagles, and, of course, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, and Richie Havens & Buffy Ste. Marie.

With these performance ensembles my guitar artistry used musicality derived from such notable figures as Paul Stookey, James Taylor, Steven Stills & Neil Young, Lindsay Buckingham, George Harrison & Paul McCartney, Cliff Richards, Glenn Frey and Joe Walsh as well as the traditionalists of Flatt & Scruggs, Bill Monroe & the Country Playboys, Buck Owens, Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, the Carter Family with Mother Maybelline Carter, Glenn Campbell & Roy Clark, Les Paul [who I personally met & conversed long with in a tiny club on New York's Lower East Side], as well as a long, long list of others who should also be named here but are not; and please pardon me for that.

Also, I am an extremely well educated and trained and multiply published and cited mathematician, electronics expert, and computer scientist having held expert and administrative position both nationally and internationally at the United Nations and with such professional organizations and societies as the American Mathematical Society, the Association for Computing Machinery, the IEEE, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Graph Theory Notes of New York, and both the New York Academy of Sciences [30+ years since first joining] and a long time peer and currently nominated full member of the New York Academy of Medicine focusing on nuclear medicine, emergencies and disasters, epidemiology, and psychosocial rehab research, education, and treatment.

With all this wisdom, training, and experience, I think I can realistically say I know my way around a guitar -- any guitar or similar stringed instrument whether acoustic or electric. And I readily think and say that this Fender BLUE TBucket 300 CE guitar is a great guitar and instrument especially for the price. The tone may not be quite that found with instruments costing thousands of dollars, but for the price and for community and part time professional work and playing, it is just about perfect. I own several guitars and other stringed instruments. And I must say for the musical needs it serves, I don't think I could find a better guitar. The neck is not quite as playable as a performance electric model as well as it shouldn't be. High grade electrics are designed and created for the acrobatic dexterity and pyrotechnic stylings of on stage extreme, performance rock 'n roll and jazz fusion. For traditional rock, folk, country, and easy listening jazz, you couldn't do better for the price than the Fender TBucket 300 CE!!
FrancesYork Report owns this item
Was this review helpful? 0 26 Flag Review

knifeonwater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any windsurfers get laid anymore?
scottwerden

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knifeonwater wrote:
Do any windsurfers get laid anymore?

LOL...!!...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 9 of 25

Jump to: