myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing Rentals in Sweden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrWind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Windsurfing Rentals in Sweden Reply with quote

Hi,

I will be traveling to Gothenburg, Sweden for travel this week and am trying to find somewhere where I can rent windsurfing equipment for a few days. I would love to find somewhere where I can bring the gear with me. But so far can not find anyplace which open during the week and only on weekends.

Sweden looks like a great windsurfing location due to the winds from the North Sea, but it seems most places shut down before the real winds pick up for the fall and winter.... Was pondering taking the ferry to Denmark to try the north coast of Jutland, but can not find any windsurfing rental locations their either.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Lars
coyoteandre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

about sailing spots, rentals, conditions in Denmark you may ask Mads who sails there...try Mads Glensdal on Facebook or here...
http://dk.linkedin.com/pub/mads-glensdal/14/719/a24
It would be great if you can post here what you find from Mads, and how soon did you get info.
DrWind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find equipment in Varberg, Swede, at a place called Fahlensurf. Henrik Fahlen, the owner, was very accommodating and had a full quiver for me to use.

Gale warnings were in effect. Here are some pictures which were taken that day.

http://www.kulingvarning.nu/?p=14989

Lars
coyoteandre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vesterlh wrote:
I was able to find equipment in Varberg, Swede, at a place called Fahlensurf. Henrik Fahlen, the owner, was very accommodating and had a full quiver for me to use.

Gale warnings were in effect. Here are some pictures which were taken that day.

http://www.kulingvarning.nu/?p=14989

Lars

Pictures are great, brutal conditions 40-45 mph on North Sea, was it blowing from west or south or NW?
Was it south of Varberg toward Apelviken? How far from the port or from center of Varberg town. I see it on Google Earth.
Someone could use good info and directions in the future.
Did you sail anywhere else in Sweden?
How much was rental?
coyoteandre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Sailing from Sweden to Denmark Reply with quote

I sailed from Sweden to Denmark, from Helsinborg to Helsingor, but it was with a car on ferry. We could probably windsurf that gap, it's about 3 miles, if the wind is good 20-30 mph, no problem. Do you know if some people did it?
At that time I took ferry with my car from Poland's Gdansk to Stockholm, drove to Helsinborg. After ferry to Helsingor I toured Kronborg castle made famous by Shakespeare and Hamlet, then to Copenhagen, then two days later drove by Hamburg and Frankfurt to Paris nonstop (stopping only for fuel), brutal drive...to return car on time before catching a flight back to US. It seams like it was about 24 hours or a little more. A nightmare when I think about it.
geohaye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God, Andre. The road warrior!!

Beautiful up there, though....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: