myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Roosevelt 4/19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhanson928

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Roosevelt 4/19 Reply with quote

Roosevelt yesterday was pretty windy. After the rain squall passed, it began..stormy-style with the water being pretty confused. 3.2 for me but with the holes and the constant changing wind direction, I stayed upwind. I don't like swimming in cold water and I don't much trust frontal passage winds to stay up...especially when on a small sail.

There was blowing smoke at Mercury cove as I came back west at about 6:30.

The gradient and the forecast looks more relaxing for today. Yesterday was a bit of a workout and a rig-fest for many. I actually had more fun on Thursday on a 5.2.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report; it confirms the data and forecasts I watched from my den ... and is the reason I watched it from my den. That kind of wind can ... maybe ... be worthwhile in warm water, but is a bitch at 47 degrees. Today's wind should be better quality, but there's a chilly, perhaps debris-laden bolus of runoff entering the Columbia today; when it will reach WSing sites and how chilly or trashy it may get is anybody's guess. Some years and some spots see significant debris, others not so bad.
dhanson928

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="isobars"] That kind of wind can ... maybe ... be worthwhile in warm water, but is a bitch at 47 degrees.

Spring frontal winds are a bitch, you're right about that. The water was quite mixed-up due to all the clocking and backing. There were glassy lulls and smokey gusts. At one point it was about 50 gusts and 20 average..Just about nothing seemed right with my rig or my board for more than a few hundred meters and I stuck the nose into the back of a few odd-ball cross-waves...Hate that, going over the bars with a 3.2 into 40-something degree water.

One reach I'd start heading right at the interstate rest area west of Arlington, then be luffing still after bearing away towards the silo..Tough on a rusty sailor on outdated gear, but still...windy is always good!
jimoakes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wall was nearly perfect on Saturday 4/20. Steady wind and nice swell.
AshleyRossi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too saw it and everything was nearly too perfect, even the environment was in sync. Smile car accident blog

Last edited by AshleyRossi on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
doug_needs_wind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POV, the wall, 4-20, swells and such... http://youtu.be/ZNY2omNhoi0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: