myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
We need a camera at Doug's again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfersteve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: We need a camera at Doug's again Reply with quote

Gas is $4 a gallon and sensors are only so useful. I really miss the camera which was apparently on a house in Murdoch and run through Windance. OR Parks supports the camera at Rooster Rock. Want to see if WA Parks will support one at the bathroom structure at Doug's. It would give a much more accurate view of Doug's/Rowena from that point anyway. Does anyone have a connection to someone in WA Parks or anyone who can facilitate this for CGWA? I think we could get enough interest given gas prices to get donations to come up with $ to fund the initial set up at least. Any ideas can go directly to CGWA Pres Greg Stiegel at cgwa@gorge.net
Bond1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile

http://www.fsvisimages.com/fstemplate.aspx?site=cori1
johnl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: We need a camera at Doug's again Reply with quote

surfersteve wrote:
Gas is $4 a gallon and sensors are only so useful. I really miss the camera which was apparently on a house in Murdoch and run through Windance. OR Parks supports the camera at Rooster Rock. Want to see if WA Parks will support one at the bathroom structure at Doug's. It would give a much more accurate view of Doug's/Rowena from that point anyway. Does anyone have a connection to someone in WA Parks or anyone who can facilitate this for CGWA? I think we could get enough interest given gas prices to get donations to come up with $ to fund the initial set up at least. Any ideas can go directly to CGWA Pres Greg Stiegel at cgwa@gorge.net

It may only be a title but Greg is the Executive Director not the President Smile
surfersteve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John,
That was certainly helpful, but it really doesn't get us any closer to our goal, now does it?
johnl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surfersteve wrote:
Thanks John,
That was certainly helpful, but it really doesn't get us any closer to our goal, now does it?

Well since CGWA has not installed any web cameras anywhere in the gorge that I am aware of asking CGWA to install, maintain, and support a new camera might be asking a bit...
surfersteve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the poor communication on my part. The intended purpose of the post was this: Most people reading it sail and/or kite. Many would like to save gas and money. There is a diverse group of people here who could possible have some connections, technological abilities, ideas, or simply a roof to install a camera to help out the many.
I was not suggesting the project was to be solely supported by CGWA. My apologies.
gwandsh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Rooster Camera Reply with quote

I believe the Rooster cam was entirely privately funded, with Bob Greenberg heading the effort and getting things installed. Oregon Parks allowed the install and I assume provides power. The CGWA, to my knowledge has not pursued getting any cameras installed.

Launch located cameras may be handy for gas savings, but they sure do kill the productivity of desk-bound sailors on weekdays. Had to give up watching them (even sensors) ages ago, too much self-induced stress Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: