myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Board getting ready to break in half?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outhaul wrote:
The photo of the cracks in front of the dagger board are very similar to what happened to my 11'8. Thankfully Steve at Sandy Point Progressive authorized to have the board replaced, can't say enough on who well he handled the issue. First class.
Sorry that you are having this problem I hope that you get your new board soon.

hows the replacement board holding up?

outhaul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the replacement is great so far.
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received all of my money back from the original purchase of this board Very Happy
I want to thank Patrice from Exocet and Mike @ NZ sailing.
In the end it can be said that Exocet is a standup company that provides a good warranty and stands behind their products.
It really is a great board, IMO the easiest board to sail available, mine had a problem but it has been taken care of.
I would not hesitate to buy another Exocet product. Very Happy
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that Patrice and the New Zealand distributor rightly resolved the matter to your benefit. No doubt, it pays to be diligent in presenting your case. Now what do you intend to do? Repair the board, or buy something new?
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Glad that Patrice and the New Zealand distributor rightly resolved the matter to your benefit. No doubt, it pays to be diligent in presenting your case. Now what do you intend to do? Repair the board, or buy something new?

Yes, I feel one needs to be patient, fair and non judgmental until the final outcome is reached.
TBS, the forum was very helpful in getting this resolved IMO.
It seems a waste to not try and get the board fixed, if it's possible.
I will see what the local board guy says.
A heavy board will get heavier but I don't think it will matter that much.
Perhaps however there was something wrong with this run of boards structurally that has since been resolved and this particular one is doomed to fail again?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was you, I would do the repair yourself. I do almost all of my own repairs, unless it's a Tuttle finbox replacement or something quite major in nature. By doing the work yourself, you know it was done right and that the job comes out lightweight and strong. If you want to know about doing the right kind of repairs, the Boardlady's website is an excellent source to review.

In your case, the only thing might give me some pause would be the question of how much water the board has already taken on. Once any significant amount of water gets into the ESP, it's almost impossible to remove. I pretty much follow the rule that if the board is dinged, or is showing signs of damage, I will immediately take it out of the water and not use it until its been repaired. However, it the damage is minor, I will often use Dingstick to temporarily patch it and continue using the board.
gregnw44

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing technology we have these days... you can carry an incredible computer around, in the palm of your hand.
But the average new longboard (or shortboard) doesn't have the reliability (defects per # of boards made, and or, LONGEVITY)... that the average windsurfer manufactured 20 years ago had !!!
Asia produces some of the most well-designed, hi-tech, long lasting products in the world... for a reasonable price. Look at how much technology and reliability you can get in a car from Kia or Hyundai... at a price similar to 20 years ago.

You don't even have to invent something new... just get an old F2 Lightning, Bic Electric Rock, Mistral Screamer, or Fanatic Cat (from between '91 and '95)... cut it open, and copy how it was made.
Then build the cool new board designs, the same way old boards were made. And if THAT board worked as "trouble-free" and "performed as well" and had "logevity"... I bet lots of people would pay $2000 to $3000 for it.
Greg -
with video Smile
http://www.iwindsurf.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26070
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beaglebuddy wrote:
Yes, I feel one needs to be patient, fair and non judgmental until the final outcome is reached.

That, and persistent. I've had some battles with giant corps take months to years of calendar time, but, MAN, is it satisfying to defeat the legal department of bullies like VISA at their own game and get a groveling letter of contrition and a promise to fix their accounting procedures from the CEO of the world's largest mortgage firm.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations beaglebudddy! Glad to hear the good news, we are all happy for you, and have restored trust in Exocet. Perseverance pays off. I think if I were you I'd get a new board, and try to fix the old one myself. Is there any way to buy something local? Oahu maybe? Although the board can be repaired it's won't be easy. Best of luck no matter what you decide!
w8n4wind

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey beaglebuddy, glad it worked out for you..finally.
and good to see that exocet stands behind their boards when theres a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: