myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry GT I was referring to the media in the US and their choice of slant on the news. I understand that the English media is lot more complex in their handling of issues.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pptYEgREnNU

Here is mcFlipFlop doing another of his flips and flops on immigration. When he was running last time he was for it now he is against it. Remember his tough guy ad that he will build the fence...

There were a lot more heated clips during that town hall meeting that they did not show. Many more that were played on MSNBC. Amazing how the right wing owned media did not play that all over the USA, when the tea idiots showed up attacking dems at town halls it was a month long media blitz about these angry tea partyers interrupting town halls and they were heros to the right wing media. it was national news and peat and repeated.

Here is a flip flopping Senior senator being hammered at this town hall and what only local media plays one of the instances, where there were many people getting pissed at him.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
Who's propaganda do you want to swallow? Good luck getting anything "fair and balanced".

We do have another option. Before we make decisions, take actions, or repeat points presented by our media, we can independently verify the points important enough to warrant the effort. When I do that, only one network and one or two primarily financial newspapers pass muster most of the time.

As for balance, I know of only one network which has hosts and guests of every political persuasion, lets them duke it out fairly if they stay on topic, and lets viewers choose the debate winners.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
I can't stop laughing ... HARD ... at this Chris Dorner story coverage. It's been unfolding live and nonstop on the actual NEWS channel all afternoon ... his home invasion, his carjacking, the two shootouts involving hundreds of rounds, his confinement in the cabin, the roadblocks closing down surrounding highways, the FAA banning news choppers from the siege to protect advancing SWAT teams, the tear gas barrage, the single shot inside the cabin he's been holed up in, the flames engulfing the cabin, boxes of ammunition exploding, the end of the biggest manhunt in CA history, the opening of the highways, the rationale and evidence that the manhunt is now reduced to final forensic verification of Dorner's remains, followed by a lengthy return to normal programming.

Move on, folks ... there's nothing more here to see unless final forensics convince the 1,140 cops in this manhunt that the perp was a Dorner doppelganger.

Out of morbid curiosity, my wife turned to MSNBC's "Hairball with Chris Matthews", and the grim reality of it all lapsed into peals of explosive laughter.

'Member , now ... this has all ended, the final on-scene police briefings have wound down, the SWAT teams are having a big barbecue ... the party's over ... and here comes "Hairball Noos" with BREAKING NEWS. This is not direct quotes, but neither is it an exaggeration:
"We expect President Obama to discuss the economy, gun control, and unemployment. But in the meantime, look; there's a home on fire in the Big Bear, CA area, not far from where police whistleblower Christopher Dorner is rumored to have been last seen. There may be some connection, but probably not, as the police are settling down into the prospect of an all-night standoff against the heavily armed ex-cop."

That mind-boggling ignorance continued, but I was laughing too hard to hear any more of it. Still curious, and to catch my breath, I switched to CNN. "The President will probably address the economy, and, oh, look ... there's a fire on the monitor. Anybody know know what that's about?" (That IS an exaggeration, but not by much.)

How can BSNBC and CNN claim to be "news" networks?

If you do not think that was a major news story you are delusional.

His points are correct, one there should be no way he can buy the massive guns he said he could buy. as he said there are irresponsible gun shop owners that did not care about anything just arming loonies and padding their wallets. That one was a fact.

Second thing if he is accurate that the main guy assaulting Rodney King in that video ever got a promotion no matter how long he was in the police force there is definitely something wrong with the LA police. There is no way in the world a person caught on film like that should ever get a promotion, in fact he should be put on a desk job like in the prison ward. Yet It is alleged he was promoted to a very high rank. That definitely would show to me all that agreed to promote him should be replaced. Not tomorrow but today.

If he also did make the complaints as he claims and nothing was done about other police officers calling him a Nigger, again everyone above him involved in allowing racism in the police force should be demoted to the streets.

Again we know a few police officers are liars and would do the things he alleges and cover each ones backs. How many of us have even been in traffic court to have a police officer lie in a silly traffic ticket.

I believe the officer who gave the burn out direction should be fired and pay for the burned out house out of their pockets.. The police had a conflict of interest in this case in giving out justice. Thus the FBI should have been responsible for the scene. They should have stabilized it and allowed people without a conflict of interest to deal with it. I would not have had a problem with burning him out a month later if he would not come out. The police in California just did not want him to live to tell his story where it would be investigated if he lived. Again a conflict of interest is my point.
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
slinky wrote:
Who's propaganda do you want to swallow? Good luck getting anything "fair and balanced".

We do have another option. Before we make decisions, take actions, or repeat points presented by our media, we can independently verify the points important enough to warrant the effort. When I do that, only one network and one or two primarily financial newspapers pass muster most of the time.

As for balance, I know of only one network which has hosts and guests of every political persuasion, lets them duke it out fairly if they stay on topic, and lets viewers choose the debate winners.
wow would that be the network where the owner made his money in enquirer type papers, changing his fathers into that. and the same guy whos papers in The UK have many going to jail even at the top of the company. How many owners of media have their reporters and their executives going to jail and paying fines (not for 1st amendment type issues) that one could even closely say is a serious media. Plus one that lies with a motto of fair and balanced. Well you may not be able to see tabloid, but his trash can not even be allowed in Canada where he asked because they take media a bit more seriously obviously. Well Canada will not allow his hate trash on their airwaves, he was denied the right to broadcast his trash in Canada.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murdoch himself says that Fox is a conservative media outlet intended to appeal to the right.
They were the network that invented their own polls giving the GOP a big win in the last election cycle when the real news began showing remarkably accurate predictions to the contrary.
johnl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bajaDeanAgain wrote:
we know a few police officers are liars and would do the things he alleges and cover each ones backs. How many of us have even been in traffic court to have a police officer lie in a silly traffic ticket.

Now this cracks me up. As one who has testified MANY times in court, I find it funny how the defendant ALWAYS lies under oath (almost like it's expected) with no qualms what soever about it, but it's the end of the world when a cop does.

Note, I do NOT condone lying by anybody in court, but you are really, really high if you don't think the defendant lies every single time they get on the stand.....
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely true John. They lie because they have something to lose, like their liscence or ins. rates.
Nearly all Americans expect our police to maintain a much higher standard of honesty than the general public.
Otherwise the rest of us should be carrying the guns and driving the police cars to keep the cops from committing the crimes and perjuring themselves later about it.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another great example. Here is a terrorist amoung us. When Bush was in office they had to straw buy and give the so called homegrown terrorists in NY and Florida weapons by the FBI to set them up. And these made the national news for days.

Here we have a right wing lunitic... with 40,000 rounds stored in a Mall.... and hardly a peep by the right wing owned media.

Quote:
The FBI recently notified Detroit NAACP President Wendell Anthony and Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit Executive Director Scott Kaufman that their names were on a hit list found in Schmidt’s belongings.
“We get threats all the time in terms of the work that we do…NAACP, Social Justice, Civil Rights…but this was different,” said Anthony.

The FBI says it appears that Schmidt, 47, planned to attack soon.
He should not have had any guns under the law, but when they raided his home and business they found he was heavily armed.

“We owe the FBI and our other law enforcement partners our thanks that they caught this man with 18 firearms- some of them assault weapons, high-capacity magazines, more than 40,000 rounds of ammunition and a bulletproof vest stored in a locked room in a mall, before anyone was hurt,” said Steven M Dettelbach, United States Attorney in a press release.
“You have to realize it is the world we live in,” said Kaufman after learning he was on the man’s hit list. “There are people who don’t like us and would just as soon have us not exist, but you can’t dwell on it.”

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/detroit/fbi-armed-neo-nazi-supporter-put-metro-detroit-jewish-and-civil-rights-leaders-on-a-hit-list#ixzz2LgHvlv6k
johnl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Absolutely true John. They lie because they have something to lose, like their liscence or ins. rates.
Nearly all Americans expect our police to maintain a much higher standard of honesty than the general public.
Otherwise the rest of us should be carrying the guns and driving the police cars to keep the cops from committing the crimes and perjuring themselves later about it.

More important, you would be surpised (my opinion based on your posts) how few police lie. Think about it. You spend 1/2 of a year suffering in the academy with usually over a 50% dropout just to "hit the streets" as a trainee. Then another 3 - 6 months training, and then on probabtion for 12 - 24 months just to be a "regular" cop. Do you really think it is worth all that time and effort just to lie on the stand where if you get caught at it your job and career is over? Not very likely. I would like to say there aren't any cops that would do this, but the reality is there are probably some who do.

BUT what really happens and this cracks me up is that the "suspect" actually is wrong and therefore thinks the cop is lying. For an example. Go sit at a stop sign and watch people. 90% will not stop. Remember a stop is the COMPLETE lack of motion of the car (in other words the tires not turning) for a time period. Make it 2 seconds. 90% of the people would roll through at a low speed but if you ask them they will swear they stopped. So when the cop testifies that they didn't stop, they say the cop is lying and actually believe it. Personally I gave them about 5 - 8 mph before I would stop them. And they still accused me of lying Smile

The reason is perception. If you are sitting still, not driving, and doing nothing but watching for traffic violations, your observations are far more accurate than somebody who is multitasking by driving, looking at traffic, playing with the phone, playing with the radio, eating, putting on makeup, (the list goes on and on).

But most people don't even consider this because they are never wrong so the cop must by lying. I know this is a little off topic, but it is one of my pet pieves when people accuse cops of lying. 99% of the time it just isn't so. FAR less than the percentage of defendants who lie all the time....

By the way cops and defendants take the exact same oath when they testify. So why do the defendants think it is okay for them to lie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 32 of 277

Jump to: