myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gorge people insane in hawaii? On video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attitude displayed by this man can be compared in the song "One tin soldier", in the song;
A mountain people have a treasure buried under a stone that makes them all happy.
The valley people find out about it and demand it for their very own.
The mountain people offer to share it.
The valley people reject this and wage a bloody war killing all the mountain people.
They gather around the stone and when they lift it, underneath it says, "peace on earth"
The moral is that by doing whatever it took to get the prize they coveted they ended up destroying it.
The comparison is that the angry guy probably came from California 20 years ago seeking warm water, uncrowded beaches and the Aloha spirit but by so zealously desiring and defending it he has destroyed the very aloha spirit he was seeking.
Sad
SuperNuker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to 6 pages now of Bret trying to make an ass out of the guy telling him to deal with his uncontrolled sail. Really, who is the ass here. The guy was right, sorry Bret, the guy has a point. You two were acting like beavis and butthead. Get over yourselves and find those big boy pants and put them on. Rolling Eyes
People do this for a reason. It takes once for a sail to fly away and hit some innocent kid sitting with mom and you'll feel the same way as the guy on the beach.
It's a real shame that you feel you have to act like such a pompus ass.
Nice thread you've started. I'm sure you'll be real welcome at Kanaha in the future. Wink
On a possitive note, I bet Bret doesn't do that again. Whew!
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperNuker wrote:
It takes once for a sail to fly away and hit some innocent kid

And not just kids. I've long wondered what that rig that folded and wrapped around the back of my Blazer like a second skin would have done to me (it destroyed his mast, boom, and sail) in that huge gust on an otherwise 5 mph day if I hadn't seen it coming and face-planted myself onto the parking lot.
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry White Buckwheat would be a lot happier with a real job, paying a nice salary!

Maybe he should have listened to his parents and teachers, eh Brah?
westender

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You admit you intentionally acted like kooks. Now your feelers are hurt because someone pointed out your kook behavior.

Bret wrote:
Me and my buddies just did this for fun. Ironically I got this main lander attitude .

That isn't ironic but your reaction is. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by westender on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
WutUpWitU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bret

don't start nothin', won't be nothin'
MIB
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure the sail needed to be secured but there is a right and wrong way to go about informing someone of this.
Angrily yelling at someone you don't even know is a good way to get your teeth knocked out. The incident could easily and quickly spin out of control because of his hateful unnecessary remarks. In many places in the country that would have happened instantly.
No reason at all why he couldn't have calmly and politely explained the situation or even secured it like he did and say something friendly instead he comes at them like a raving lunatic shouting insults.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys not realize that you're going round and round and round and round and round -- do you see a pattern here? Wink -- with these repetitive, redundant, previously asked and answered, repeated arguments?

Even *I* noticed it!
mikephillips2011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Do you guys not realize that you're going round and round and round and round and round -- do you see a pattern here? Wink -- with these repetitive, redundant, previously asked and answered, repeated arguments?

Even *I* noticed it!

Isobars, in case you haven't noticed, there has not been a whole lot of sailing on the river lately. I think some of us are just going a little stir crazy and have nothing better to do at the moment than dream about windsurfing, Hawaiian vacations, and bikini babes. This video has it all and that is why it is such a big hit.
rigitrite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things I fail to understand:
1. Why wouldn't he just carry the whole rig to the beach all together....and then just get in and sail? I mean...how out of shape are you? I carried the whole rig that same distance when sailed Kahnaha and I'm firmly middle-aged.
2. Why would anyone want to be filmed running to the beach with a sail on your head?
3. Why would anyone want to film someone else running to the beach with a sail on his head?
4. Why does he pick up the sail and run it back toward the trees at the end if there's no problem?
5. Why is it soooooooo hard for people to use "ironically" in the correct context?
6. Where did instructor-guy appear from? It seriously looks like he rises up from the sand like some sort of beach-guardian-gollum.
7. How has this much testosterone-fueled banality garnered six pages worth of comments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: