myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think coboardhead realizes that isobars isn't worth the time. Why play his pitiful game?
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
windoggie,

You definitely have too much time on your hands.
hands?
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been reported that Geithner proposed that President Obama be given free personal reign over the federal budget limit. No more Congressional "intervention" ... just a wave of Lord Obama's hand and an unlimited credit card.

Buy gold. Buy pounds of gold.
nw30

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
It's been reported that Geithner proposed that President Obama be given free personal reign over the federal budget limit. No more Congressional "intervention" ... just a wave of Lord Obama's hand and an unlimited credit card.

Buy gold. Buy pounds of gold.

My brother says the same thing about buying gold, but I have a question, that he hasen't been able to answer, so I will ask you also.
When it comes down to the nitty gritty, when the dollar is almost worthless, who will be out there to buy the gold from you, or will you just use it to buy groceries at an unorganized value?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another side to the gold bug. During minor panics, people have been known to sell gold in order to generate cash for their immediate needs. In addition, gold has no yield. It is good to have some gold coins in your safe though.

My very astute friends have convinced me that borrowing all you can at 3.5% is a smart move, and using the money to buy assets with a higher yield, such as real estate, utilities, and 4%-5% dividend stocks.

Beware, gold has crashed before.

One more thing. TBT is the short treasury etf. When all hell breaks loose, Soros and others will shovel this into their portfolios. You will know it's time for this investment when the U.S. begins to lose its ability to print or borrow money. You can use all that borrowed money to short the U.S. treasury when the time comes.

For all you lefty's who think higher taxes will work. England and France are losing all their millionaires. They are vanishing.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
There is another side to the gold bug. During minor panics, people have been known to sell gold in order to generate cash for their immediate needs. In addition, gold has no yield. It is good to have some gold coins in your safe though.

My very astute friends have convinced me that borrowing all you can at 3.5% is a smart move, and using the money to buy assets with a higher yield, such as real estate, utilities, and 4%-5% dividend stocks.

Beware, gold has crashed before.

One more thing. TBT is the short treasury etf. When all hell breaks loose, Soros and others will shovel this into their portfolios. You will know it's time for this investment when the U.S. begins to lose its ability to print or borrow money. You can use all that borrowed money to short the U.S. treasury when the time comes.

For all you lefty's who think higher taxes will work. England and France are losing all their millionaires. They are vanishing.

Your very astute friends? Do you mean your mortgage broker, every person involved in nearly banking transaction you've made and your genius professor who said the key to profit is to always buy low and sell high?

Bard, your "very astute friends"understand something called debt sometimes known as leverage. You're describing a margin, one of the fundamental elements in building anything. My daughter making cupcakes knows this concept like it was written on the inside of her eyelids. 25 cents of ingredients borrowed from Dad eventually results in a cupcake sold for $2.00 netting a tidy profit using no money of her own.

If debt measures as top-tier financial advice , please shut your mouth when you want to speak about monetary or fiscal policy. You simply cannot be taken seriously.

keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Bard,
My family bought gold when some imagined disaster was going to happen at $800 or so. It sank for 20 or 30 years and just came back lately.it has not yet risen enough for us to break even with the capital appreciation.
We still have it.
Needless to say no one in my family is going to buy anything that doesn't earn a yield again.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
when the dollar is almost worthless, who will be out there to buy the gold from you, or will you just use it to buy groceries at an unorganized value?

I could probably parrot some total-doom author's response if I wanted to read the economic survivalist books on the shelves ... and there are many of them, some probably pretty persuasive ... but just as I ignore extreme scenarios regarding politics and medical side effects, I ignore the fiscal Armageddon books and sites which forecast complete breakdown of the world's infrastructure a la Mad Max or Out of New York. The slightly right of mainstream prognosticators, the ones who nailed the last major recessions years in advance, don't expect hyperinflation, merely 20-40% (Zimbabwe's inflation is something like 6.5 followed by 107 zeros percent), in which case the banks and (formerly) really rich guys will have money to buy our gold at specified spot prices.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GOLD story is going to have an ugly ending. Beware.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
The GOLD story is going to have an ugly ending. Beware.

Iso, if you think gold will work after the collapse, you might as well buy farmland and an AR 15, and leverage them with free govt money today. Laughing

Dan, let me put it this way. If you'd borrowed cheap money in Zimbabwe and used it to buy gold or farmland, you'd been a gazzilionaire. By borrowing cheap (fixed rate) money today, and paying it back in 15 years, you will pay your loan off with cheaper money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 385, 386, 387 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 386 of 409

Jump to: