myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
the big lie "the media is liberal"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 275, 276, 277  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I watched a CNN special on Romneys life that reminded me why I think he would make a good President.
Why would an Obama controlled liberal press spend all that time and money making a positive Romney special to show just before the election?
The news on CNN this morning is Republican Haley Barbour explaining that the news coverage of Sandy is helping Obama because they would normally be covering the economy ,jobs ,taxes, etc in a way which which hurts Obamas chances of being elected.
Clearly he is another conservative who knows the truth. The media is owned and controlled by Republicans.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baja Dean--I saw the essence of this story, written by Greg Palast, in the November 5 "Nation". The gist of the story, from the Mitt angle, was that his trust invested in Elliot Management, run by Paul Singer, and made a 3000% return on his investment--from the Federal government's bailout of the auto industry. I actually don't have any problems with Mitt making money out of his blind trust, and his purchasing $5000 worth of food and then giving it to people to donate as charity for Sandy is an even better example of his brazen cynicism. The real story is the nature of hedge funds, and the tax structure that they enjoy.

Singer's hedge fund invested heavily in Delphi, an auto parts subsidiary that GM, and thus the Federal government, couldn't afford to let go under. When the carnage started, Delphi had 25,000 union workers, and debt that Singer's firm bought for 20 cents on the dollar. When the dust had settled, Singer had leveraged the hold he had on Delphi to eliminate all union jobs, transfer the parts supply business to China, get the government to pick up the cost for pensions for the laid-off workers, contribute $1 million to Romney--and enjoy the benefits of a 15% capital gains tax rate for his predatory hedge fund.

The selection of Romney, as a scion of Wall Street gambling, and ethically nothing like his father, is the crime of the Re-thugs. The idea that betting against the American economy and the American worker, and outsourcing workers to China and other places, qualifies you for the presidency is absurd. The idea that Romney has anything in mind to actually reform the tax code is even more absurd; it is his supporters and his personal wealth that have benefited from the current tax subsidies for this behavior.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSNBC says: Romney Campaign is Racist For Responding to Obama "Revenge" Comment

President Obama said "voting is the best revenge" during his closing argument. In response, Mitt Romney said people should "vote for love of country," not revenge. Now, MSNBC is actually arguing that the Romney campaign is racist for responding to Obama's "revenge" comments and that Romney is the one pushing a theme of revenge.

MSNBC's Chris Matthews, unaware that President Obama was the originator of the phrase "voting is the best revenge," accused Mitt Romney of starting it because of racial animosity.

First of all, Chris Matthews is ignorant in this situation and doesn't realize Obama started the whole "revenge" controversy. Second, Matthews and Alex Wagner try to paint the Romney campaign as desperate in the clip above, but their own efforts to turn Romney's response to Obama's comments into a racial controversy is really where the desperation lies. According to Matthews and Wagner, responding Obama's own words is now racist, how predictable.

Watch their lips move at http://tinyurl.com/alfbcpf .

No bias there!
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Baja Dean--I saw the essence of this story, written by Greg Palast, in the November 5 "Nation". The gist of the story, from the Mitt angle, was that his trust invested in Elliot Management, run by Paul Singer, and made a 3000% return on his investment--from the Federal government's bailout of the auto industry. I actually don't have any problems with Mitt making money out of his blind trust, and his purchasing $5000 worth of food and then giving it to people to donate as charity for Sandy is an even better example of his brazen cynicism. The real story is the nature of hedge funds, and the tax structure that they enjoy.

Singer's hedge fund invested heavily in Delphi, an auto parts subsidiary that GM, and thus the Federal government, couldn't afford to let go under. When the carnage started, Delphi had 25,000 union workers, and debt that Singer's firm bought for 20 cents on the dollar. When the dust had settled, Singer had leveraged the hold he had on Delphi to eliminate all union jobs, transfer the parts supply business to China, get the government to pick up the cost for pensions for the laid-off workers, contribute $1 million to Romney--and enjoy the benefits of a 15% capital gains tax rate for his predatory hedge fund.

The selection of Romney, as a scion of Wall Street gambling, and ethically nothing like his father, is the crime of the Re-thugs. The idea that betting against the American economy and the American worker, and outsourcing workers to China and other places, qualifies you for the presidency is absurd. The idea that Romney has anything in mind to actually reform the tax code is even more absurd; it is his supporters and his personal wealth that have benefited from the current tax subsidies for this behavior.

First this is not a real blind trust that is considered a blind trust. They have their lawyer doing all the investments, so it is not blind, they can tell their lawyer to do as they say. The difference is why they are using a lawyer. A lawyer can never testify about his client is why they do this, vs a normal company that specializes in investments. A real blind trust is by a firm that is transparent and does not take any direction from you day to day. And they can be required to testify to all details.
again a lawyer can never be required to testify against romney under attorney client privileged info.

It is only a blind trust to everyone but romney and his attorneys.

Now what was inexcusable in his Delphi predator behavior is they made one part of a car the steering column, and blackmailed them that they would not deliver if they did not get ridiculous amounts of money, which in essence is blackmail and cost taxpayers serious bailout funds.

and yes I get your point about the hypocrisy of the giving $5,000.00 in the disaster as he is giving when he just stole $50 million in taxpayer funds, thanks for sharing that point....
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notice how the media does not point out that Romney can not even win his state where he was governor.... and how important that is when he is claiming he is demonstrated he can stop division ie he claims to work across the isle, (which is a lie, yes when passing healthcare for all is not reaching that is the liberal position).

again if he was so good why is he not going to win his own state. and why is the media not calling him on this blatant point.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why isn't the media asking Romney to tell us how he was with equality of equal pay and oportunity when he was in private business.

As we know he did not have it while running for office. and it was forced on him when he won. So can we assume he did not have it previously to being elected in all aspects of his so called job creating...

again where is that liberal media hitting him with these simple issues.
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stop whining about liberal media when you got conservative voting machines:
2012 Voting Machines Altering Votes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpGd74DrBM&feature=youtu.be
http://www.reddit.com/user/centralpavote

Evil or Very Mad
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickB wrote:
stop whining about liberal media when you got conservative voting machines:
2012 Voting Machines Altering Votes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpGd74DrBM&feature=youtu.be
http://www.reddit.com/user/centralpavote

Evil or Very Mad
there is not one voting machine company in the USA that is owned by a liberal. If fact Every single one has its roots from either two companies Diebold and ESS. Diebold the ATM company is owned by the George Bush head of Ohio campaign. ESS was owned by right wing partisan chuck hagel. who amazingly won an election from no where.

In Diebold one of the top people in the division for making voting machines was a convicted felon for putting backdoors into accounting software to steal. Believe me in the division for making ATMs, you can not be hired to change a light build with even a speeding ticket for excessive speed. Why they had a felon actually several in that group in even management positions is very obvious.

Would you trust the outcome of elections if Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, Dr. Howard Dean, James Carville owned the companies and no inspections were allowed by tech people of the other party? How about if the Cubans, Rusians, or Chinese made the machines? would you trust the outcome of an election.

So why would you believe I should trust the outcome of the election when all the machines are made by partisan republicans....

Now as far as the first link, I can tell you that appears to be a machine that is not calibrated properly by the manufacturer. They probably were told Obama was going to be on the top of the ballot and calibrated the machine to steal votes. Again the manufacturer is responsible for these things.
and amazing how many of these machines do not print written ballots. so there can not be a re-count.

Gee I wonder why these right wing companies did that..... this is so cheap to do as we know Diebold with their ATM machines does have them but did not put them on vote machines though any expert will tell you they are needed. as an Engineer I can tell you those printers on machines like ATMs and gas pumps cost about $30.00.
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the comment of the guy who posted the video:

Quote:
I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'. From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, I'm amazed that the election official didn't decommission that particular voting machine. One hopes that they keep track of all those voters that used that machine during the course of the day, so that the possibility for audit is available.

Where I vote here in Santa Barbara, you're looked up on the list of registered voters by name and address, and then you provide your signature to get your paper ballot. Prior to actually getting your ballot, a voter stub that was ripped off the ballot and given to me that I presume can be used to trace it back to me if needed. Needless the say, there was no evidence of voter fraud where someone tried to vote in my place.

After completing my ballot by inking in my selections, I deposited it into a box through a slotted opening. While I didn't note, it's my assumption that the box is sealed to ensure the integrity of its contents. Lastly, for those on the right that are worried to death about rampant voter intimidation, there were no baton or weapon carrying thugs of any color at the door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 275, 276, 277  Next
Page 24 of 277

Jump to: