myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Voter suppression, race-baiting and the GOP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
This president and many of his followers have exploited race in the most divisive way.
This is real prejudice.

Philadelphia ... Black Panthers ... voter suppression laws apply only to whites.
Case closed.
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
stevenbard wrote:
This president and many of his followers have exploited race in the most divisive way.
This is real prejudice.

Philadelphia ... Black Panthers ... voter suppression laws apply only to whites.
Case closed.

Right. A few clowns in berets pretending to be 60s radicals vs. the full weight of GOP inc.

real-human

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any right wingers here have a clue to how easy it is to make an election whatever you want it in at least 16 states. I am an engineer and I can tell you any one person can make these votes anything they want and there is no way to know or stop them. this is a national disgrace. Name one liberal company that made these machines/systems.

Right wingers... If these systems were made by a company owned by Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, Bill Clinton, Castro, the Iranians, would you trust the outcome of any election?

http://www.techhive.com/article/2013290/election-watchdogs-keep-wary-eye-on-paperless-evoting-systems.html#tk.nl_today

Election watchdogs keep wary eye on paperless e-voting systems

Quote:
As the clock winds down to what could turn out to be an extremely close presidential race, some election watchdogs are keeping a wary eye on paperless electronic voting machines that are scheduled to be used in several key states and jurisdictions around the country.

Paperless systems are basically Direct Recording Electronic systems (DREs) in which voters cast their ballots in a completely electronic fashion by using push buttons or touchscreens.

Some DREs allow voters to print out a paper copy of their ballots to verify that their vote was cast as intended. Election watchdog groups such as Verified Voting and Common Cause and academicians have insisted that such a voter-verifiable paper-audit trail (VVPAT) is vital to ensuring the integrity of the vote in jurisdictions that use DREs.

But a total of 16 states will, to varying extents, use DREs that do not support a paper trail as their standard polling place equipment, according to Verified Voting.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is precisely why I wanted the banks and auto companies to go through a managed bankruptcy, with the govt guarantee of DIP financing. This would have put the bad operators out on their asses.

Instead, we still have the same thieves running the banks, the auto companies and the government. In fact the biggest thief is the govt.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly what happened Steve. It was a managed bk, with the GOVT providing the DIP. And new management was installed and GM is killing it right now.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard--I think that some sort of dire financial or legal consequence should have happened to bankers to prevent repetition of the kind of risk taking. But whether it might have been better in the long run or not, there was no political path for a managed bankruptcy, or failure of more banks. The failure of the first panicked everybody--particularly Bush and McCain, and there was no political stomach for more bankruptcies. Financially, I think it was better to stabilize the economy and prevent a further financial panic--if you've studied history you know how bad they can be. But then nobody did anything of real consequence--after the stress tests--to punish the screw-ups. Instead they got bonuses.

On the auto industry side, I would argue that it was a work-out, which are pretty common in real estate transactions, and generally work better and faster than bankruptcies. As only Nixon could establish trade with China, I think only a Democrat could have forced the unions to take the haircut that they took.

I think that both bailouts were a net plus for the economy--but we remain with the too big to fail problem, where those taking foolish risks don't believe that they will get punished.

There was a wide array of potential solutions for the financial shenanigans short of re-instating the Glass-Steagall Act. Much of the bad behavior tracks tax policies that allow short term gains through gambling to be treated as favorably as long-term investments that create real products and real jobs. Requiring substantially longer holding times for investment would curtail the automated computerized gambling that nearly sunk the economy in 2010. Those practices don't create new values, they just swap money around and fleece the rookies. But two things seem to have escaped you. First, the only reason that we got back any money from the bail out was Obama and his staff--Bush was ready to give it away with no strings. Second, the meltdown was a direct result of orthodox Republican policies--it happened with S & L's, Enron, and sub-prime mortgages--that can't be coincidental. Third, the deregulation proposed by Mitt will ensure that it will happen again.
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when people ear false witness with no facts to deny people thier right to vote in multiple cases they should do jail time. I am tough on crime...

Quote:
Teresa Sharp is fifty-three years old and has lived in a modest single-family house on Millsdale Street, in a suburb of Cincinnati, for nearly thirty-three years. A lifelong Democrat, she has voted in every Presidential election since she turned eighteen. So she was agitated when an official summons from the Hamilton County Board of Elections arrived in the mail last month. Hamilton County, which includes Cincinnati, is one of the most populous regions of the most fiercely contested state in the 2012 election. No Republican candidate has ever won the Presidency without carrying Ohio, and recent polls show Barack Obama and Mitt Romney almost even in the state. Every vote may matter, including those cast by the seven members of the Sharp family—Teresa, her husband, four grown children, and an elderly aunt—living in the Millsdale Street house

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/10/29/121029fa_fact_mayer#ixzz2B1gWgg8j
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOUSTON, TX - Friday afternoon at an early polling place located at 6719 W. Montgomery Road in Houston, NAACP members were seen advocating for President Barack Obama according to volunteer poll watchers on location at the time.

According to Eve Rockford, a poll watcher trained by voter integrity group True the Vote, three NAACP members showed up to the 139 precinct location with 50 cases of bottled water and began handing bottles out to people standing in line. While wearing NAACP labeled clothing, members were "stirring the crowd" and talking to voters about flying to Ohio to promote President Barack Obama.

After watching what was occurring, Rockford approached Polling Supervisor Rose Cochran about what she was seeing.

"I went to the polling supervisor and let her know that it was not appropriate that they were in the building handing out water. She ignored me. I repeated my statement. She told me that she would handle it. She did nothing. I then went to the assistant supervisor and he stood up, walked over to another table and then sat down. I then walked into the waiting room and they were reloading another dolly with more cases of water," Rockford said in a True the Vote incident report.

After handing out water and advocating for President Obama, the NAACP members started handpicking and moving people to the front of a long voting line inside the polling place according to the incident report. After multiple complaints from voters about the line cutting, Rockford received a phone call from downtown telling her to “stand down.”

“All of the sudden one of the clerks, Dayan Cohen, said that someone wanted to speak to me on the phone. It was someone from downtown. I got on the phone and she said she was from downtown and that I needed to stand down and that it was okay for the NAACP to be within 100 ft. and they could hand out water. I told her that the NAACP was inside the building, wearing the NAACP clothing and caps and were handing out water and moving people from the back of the lines to the front of the lines,” Rockford said.

At this point, NAACP members were instructed to turn their clothing inside out, which they refused to do and said they weren’t going to stop their actions inside the polling place. Their behavior and actions to move people to the front of the line continued for the rest of the evening. Texas State Representative Sylvester Turner, a former Texas NAACP leader, was also seen outside the building talking with voters.

“The NAACP basically ran this poll location and the judges did nothing about it,” Rockford said.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even worse than this particular form and location of voter influence ... which Holder explicitly insists is illegal only if you're white ... is the NAACP's participation. Obama has more blacks on food stamps (and out of work, IIRC) than any president in history; the NAACP should be 100% in favor of Romney if the (good kind of) welfare of "CP" is its goal. Today's Democrat Party is clearly the enemy of blacks and any other poor demographic (there are more whites than blacks on welfare) who want individually or collectively to succeed in moving up the economic ladder. SURELY no one here thinks not only paying, but actively encouraging the indigent to remain indigent HELPS them?
real-human

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Even worse than this particular form and location of voter influence ... which Holder explicitly insists is illegal only if you're white ... is the NAACP's participation. Obama has more blacks on food stamps (and out of work, IIRC) than any president in history; the NAACP should be 100% in favor of Romney if the (good kind of) welfare of "CP" is its goal. Today's Democrat Party is clearly the enemy of blacks and any other poor demographic (there are more whites than blacks on welfare) who want individually or collectively to succeed in moving up the economic ladder. SURELY no one here thinks not only paying, but actively encouraging the indigent to remain indigent HELPS them?
your racist attitude is duly noted. Gee when we have the worst economy in the history of america ever yes there will be an increase in poverty. Note the 1 percent over the same period of worst ecomomy in the history of the USA have made bank.

I have never seen such socially ignorant analogies ever.

Now for the other one posting the NAACP, if they were NRA people it would be fine to hand out water to people standing in lines reported to be about 3 hours to 7 hours in poor areas that are in right wing states. It is disgusting that people in poor areas have to stand in line for 3-7 hours where in right wing voting areas they have more machines and people to minimize lines. amazing in these racist states controlled by right wing type of vote Nazis.

The bradley foundation, a billionaire from WI was just outed for putting up huge billboards of vote intimidation billboards. These were placed only in poor areas and inferred it is violation of the law to vote... As we have seen the main vote fraud is by the well to do... The poor very rarely....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 30 of 41

Jump to: