myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
help me advance from quick learner to good in high winds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirtbikerdr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the typos guys I am on a smartphone and using voice recognition software. What is it with dirt bike riding in Windsurfr there seems to be hey Common
paradigm
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some friends of mine are going to LakeMojave this month, for the whole month. You might go there and check it out. They live in HavasuCity and travel around the US for windsurfing. Barbara and Yuri.
dirtbikerdr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb hello and thanks I will for sure look them up camping sites is where I will be and I'm sure that's where they will be very cool thanks man wrote:
Some friends of mine are going to LakeMojave this month, for the whole month. You might go there and check it out. They live in HavasuCity and travel around the US for windsurfing. Barbara and Yuri.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeD, do you mean Barbara and Jarek?
dirtbikerdr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weight is 190
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Barbara and Jerek....
I only talked to him maybe 5 times, but I've known Barbara for 15 years.
He's a little too much into race/slalom gear for me, and not at all interested in sailing when they come out to Berkeley. I don't talk to people who insist on sailing a 7 meter sail when everyone bigger than them are sailing fine of 5's.
Some might say you use what floats your boat, but I say there are extenuating circumstances here.
OK, 190 lbs., you can uphaul and float anything bigger than 110 liters, so with old gear, meaning a 9'6" board without a centerboard. From 18 mph thru 25 mph winds, 6.0 old style sail, 6.5 new style.
dirtbikerdr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zi I sent you a pm. I want to follow your advice to the letter respond to my pm please at your convenience. If you want how are for your tips on this thread that's fine your choice thanks rtaeb wrote:
OK, what's your weight?
I taught more than 15 surfers to windsurf. At least 10 were making half their jibes on 95 liter boards by the first month. The other 5 were not good athletes in other sports.
Most of the guys were wave riding within 2 weeks of their beginner lesson. True, they had trouble. They crashed on their initial pushtru the whitewater, they fell on inside jibes and sailed into windholes that an experienced OceanBeachSF guy would avoid. OBSF is the hardest place to windsurf in the world....that is actually windsurfed regularly.
There are NO 100 mph winds. You cannot stand up in that.
Maximum winds windsurfed is around 50, and you can't carry the board to the water by yourself.
Get a wind meter.
Isobars was a desert rider, used to wide open spaces. I was a motocrosser, only on tracks. You're looking for a ISDT rider who windsurfs.
dirtbikerdr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dllee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what exactly IS the problem?
With your experience in windsurfing, you'll expect to waterstart no problem, sail in a straight line, and fall going into most of your jibes. You should be planing in the footstraps also.
Still, it depends which board you're riding, fin, sail size, exact wind speed..which we know is never 100 mph, but probably closer to 35 mph.
dirtbikerdr@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where I left off I was obviously in over my head in terms of wind speed, yes you are correct, I could do what you said but i always fell turning, up wind i would stall in the turn and fall, downwind turn i would get overpowered and get hucked or loose the sail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: