myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kalmus on Monday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelmarEdward

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Kalmus on Monday Reply with quote

Rigged up around noon with 5.5, but the wind was kind of weak so came back in to get my 7.0 rig.

Was carrying the 5.5 when the wind got a hold of it and flipped it right onto a signpost next to the parking lot-oops! Would need to have a whole panel replaced if I get it fixed.

Even with the 7.0 I was a little underpowered, but planed intermittently.

Nice day overall, was warm with a South wind. About 5 windsurfers and 2 kiters.
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DelmarEd,

Thought about making the drive up to the cape today, I live in Ct. Forcast looked a little better up your way according to NWS, but sailed here locally due to getting a late start. Turned out to be a good day, I used a 7.5 with a 107L board and had a lot of fun in the light wind. Morning from 8:00- 12:oo was much better, around 20- 30 mph.but had things to do. Sorry to hear about your sail getting damaged, I had a similar thing happen years ago. Just 2 kiters out at my local beach, I am the lone windsurfer here in Old Saybrook. The Kiters are very friendly though. Lets hope we get more sothwesterlies, must have been near 70, and the waters are still warm. I hate sailing with gloves.
speedysailor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to always have a firm grip on your sail!!!! I've been lazy too often and seen one fly out of my hands and open a new hole on too many occasions. Just the other day it happened. Whatever, monday was good with a wind out of the SSW. However, I sailed Wacko bay at high tide with a new Moon when there's plenty of water coming in from the sound. My 8.4 gave me full power, but the wind came down as predicted after 2 p.m. In addition although the air temps were warm, the water was cold for certain. This is going to be my last day of sailing here on the Cape this year.
whitevan01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sails flying out of hands brought to mind what happened to me the weekend before last. I was carrying my beautiful and "magic" Rogue Wave board back to my van. The route was mostly over sand and grass but included a very short distance over pavement. Of course, the board flew out of my hands when I was on the pavement. It landed on the starboard rail and flipped over on to the deck. I freaked.

but, when I examined it, just a few paint chips on the aft starboard rail and a small paint chip right in the middle of the top of the nose. I guess I am lucky, luck started after it flew out of my hands, it landed that way as the footstraps really cushioned the board from the secondary impact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: