myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
View from outside partisanship.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: View from outside partisanship. Reply with quote

From those not blinded by partisanship:

"LONDON (Reuters) - Twice as many business executives around the world say the global economy will prosper better if incumbent President Barack Obama wins the next election than if his Republican challenger Mitt Romney does, a poll showed on Friday."

These folks are not affected by partisanship. Many do not know what a Dem or Republican is. Most importantly, they are outside the Fox/ talk radio lie machine that has grown so huge on lobbyists money in this country.

Remember Gybe telling us how much the world hates Obama? I find that not true anywhere on earth I have been. Folks admire his policies, see that the GOP buried this country, and dont think the same GOP crowd can lead us out of the mess they created with out of control tax cuts and other types of spending.
I could vote for Romney, but that would empower the Congressional leaders in the GOP who created this mess and plan to continue as long as the lobbyists who own them give them permission.
I am with boardhead. The GOP has stopped representing anyone but their own Corporation. For better or worse conservatives have only the libs as a default choice.
If we allow our ruined Party to wind down while our support goes elsewhere, the lobbyists will begin focusing harder on buying libs and we can get a chance to change these guys for some who the NRA ,etc, haven't bought yet.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: View from outside partisanship. Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Remember Gybe telling us how much the world hates Obama?

Quote me.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No wonder "FOREIGN BUSINESS EXECUTIVES" like Obama. He's left our borders open to free trade with no restrictions, they can continue to pollute the environment and ship cheap products to America unrestricted by our EPA, and don't have to pay U.S. taxes on their profits, while our military protects them at our expense.

No question I'd support Obama if I got that deal.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got that opinion from an editorial in an Australian newspaper and that one opinion became the entire worlds opinion. I asked a half dozen foreigners if it was true that the world hates Obama. They had a lot of fun with Gybe views and the answer was "of course not."
He responded that the opinion of expatriate windsurfers was of no value. Only his opinion counted.
And he hates Obama no what what O does.
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard,
Obama opened our borders to free trade. When was that?
All those execs were polluters who export to the US?
None of them were execs who want the recession to be over so their small businesses can thrive again?
The question asked of them was.Who can best lead the world out of the recession?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
I asked a half dozen foreigners if it was true that the world hates Obama. They had a lot of fun with Gybe views and the answer was "of course not."

Quote me.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"LONDON (Reuters)"

That's all it takes for me to know that it's not unbiased.
Nice try.

Same with (Reuters) U.S., and (AP), anyone who thinks differently is just fooling themselves, they are both bastions of liberal ideology.
isobras

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our local newspaper runs many AP stories. VERY often the headline leans strongly left and has nothing more than the vaguest topical association with the article's content, with no support whatsoever to the headline. I've called the editor out on this, and he admitted that "We're free to write our own headlines."

"Do you"

"Much of the time".

"Why do they have so little to do with the content"

"You're a racist"

OK, I made that last line up, but it made about as much sense as his real answer. It's a McClatchey paper, well known for leaning left.
RocRobster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't D vs. R, it is us vs. them.

Have a look:
http://www.businessinsider.com/ndaa-legalizes-propaganda-2012-5

The last line of the article (I would have put a "the" in front of manipulating)

If the NDAA goes into effect in its current form, the State Department and Pentagon can bypass manipulating mainstream media outlets and directly disseminate campaigns of misinformation to the U.S. public.

Of course someone will say the Business Insider site is either lib, conservative or kook...
keycocker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at a paper.
Right or left they write their own headlines.
AP and Reuters will sell you any story you want by the tens of thousands.
Their only agenda is money. In the Bush years fear sold and they sold it with gusto.
When Bush got unpopular with both left and right they sold the Hillary -Obama primary.
War stories dont sell now so they write about the Kardashians.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: