myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wyatt & Tyson's La Ventana/Baja Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasman1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!

Sailing 4.5-5.0 am/pm, Fishing, Beach, Sushi/Sashimi, Cerveza!!!
Did I mention Awesome? Wyatt and Tyson you guys keep inspiring us to Freestyle! Looking forward to the next windsurf trip but for now it's off to the mountains for the winter ski season. Keep on rippin!

IMG_0680.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.89 MB
 Viewed:  16287 Time(s)

IMG_0680.JPG

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ed has the extra grande beer and Tyson is so stoked he must have dropped his.

Epic trip guys. Tyson is still eating Sashimi for breakfast every day.

The next crew just showed up today. No wind today or tomorrow, but Monday - Wednesday are supposed to rip, then no wind Thursday and Friday but a killer Norte shows up Saturday.

Here goes the youtube link to our new video made a couple days ago....

A Tuna Story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BIjVqb894&feature=share
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forecast for this week in LV is looking pretty tasty.

This Season in general is kicking Culo.

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 8.12.55 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.93 KB
 Viewed:  16091 Time(s)

Screen shot 2011-11-21 at 8.12.55 AM.png

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday morning I woke up to Rain coming in my bedroom window at 5AM, which sent me into a panicked dash to the roof to save the internet router (the last rained killed my other router). Got that down and pulled all the other things that don’t like rain off the porch. It poured till about 11AM which was kinda lame especially since there was supposed to be a Norte. Then at 12’oclock me and a couple guests took an ATV trip up to the mountains to see if the streams were flowing….alas they were not, we are in a super big drought and the dessert is pretty thirsty. By the time we got back around 1, the promised Norte wind had started to blow, and by 3 0’clock it was fully sailable. Wind blew into the night and stirred up quite a bit of swell. Saturday was full on windy at like 7AM 4.5 for me with solid swell. Sunday morning I woke up super early and checked the surf break, it was pretty small with like 8 guys out so I loaded the SUP on the ATV and headed down to the Buffadore…and it was firing. It was just me and Dave Tyburski with shoulder to head high lefts super glassy till around Noon. (Check out the photo of me and Dave). I caught my longest wave yet in LV and the water was so clear you could see sizeable fish all around. (Tyson would have freaked out and driven back for his fishing pole and missed all the good waves, but he was back in the Bay for Thanksgiving. Finished Surfing and it looked to be a glassy day, but at 3:30 the wind came up to 5.0 till evening. Monday morning I went back to the buff and surfed the wedge on the LV side of the Buff, a super fast wedge going right. Lost my paddle once and was sure it was going to be snapped on the rocks, but the wave pushed it up ontop of the rocks which saved it.
This has got to be the best Nov on record, too bad it is coming to an end today.

Screen shot 2011-11-27 at 9.40.41 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  221.85 KB
 Viewed:  15907 Time(s)

Screen shot 2011-11-27 at 9.40.41 PM.png

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, the last few days have been sooooo good. The whole crew feels as if we have been run over by the windsurfing truck. There was definitely some "old man noises" involved in climbing out of bed this morning.

We saw the Norte arrive on the 4th, the 5th was 5.0 and 80L for me but a little bit holey and then yesterday the 6th we awoke to gusts shaking the walls of our concrete block house. By 9:30 we were hitting the water (shoulda been out there at 8AM).

It was filled in 4.5 and 80L boards with a perfect medium tide and some of the most consistent breaking waves at the generals. Perfect port jumps and clean backside wave rides were the call for our first 4 hours session. Then thirsty and exhausted we sailed back down to the house fired up the barbie for a hamburger and exhausted and bleeding we could not believe how windy it still was so we went out for another 1.5 hr session.

Our Man Bill Blanke saw the forecast that we had been watching for over a week and hopped a quick flight over from Mexico City to score the Norte. Apparently it is only $200 Round Trip from Mexico City to La Paz, on Volaris....we need to get them flying from San Diego or something, they fly from TJ to La Paz for about the same price but that is a bit inconvenient.

This morning it is already super windy, tide is a little too high for good waves at the Generals. We would be out there right now if we had a hot tub to soak away the morning pain. But alas we will just have to marinate on this coffee and find some energy somewhere.

Check out the shots from yesterday. And come on down its gonna be a great season.

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 9.21.25 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  523.99 KB
 Viewed:  15767 Time(s)

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 9.21.25 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 9.21.46 AM.png
 Description:
Tyson teaching the kiters how to jump. "Remember boys I am actually going to have to deal with gravity on my decent...kinda like every other board sport EXCEPT kiting."
 Filesize:  331.85 KB

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 9.21.46 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 9.22.13 AM.png
 Description:
Board Meeting
 Filesize:  714.67 KB

Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 9.22.13 AM.png

cypress

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wyatt & Tyson's La Ventana/Baja Report Reply with quote

wyattmiller wrote:
Well its raining in the bay and we are 70% packed up and ready to head South for the winter. Just waiting on Tyson's wetsuits to show up in the mail today and then we are off.

We are heading down to Punta San Carlos to run 2 back to back weeks of clinics in conjunction with the Windsport Mag Gear Tests, and there is still room if anyone is interested Oct. 8-15 and 15-22.

It looks like we have a good South Swell for the 8-11 and hopefully another coming in on the 17th and 18th.

Then we keep on truckin with the trailer down to La Ventana to open up our windsurf center down there.

We will keep you guys posted here with road reports, swell reports and wind reports as well as fun photos and videos we capture along the way.

So Stay Tuned and wish us luck (when you look at the photo of the loaded trailer you will see that we need all the luck we can get.)

Hasta la pasta,
Wyatt and Tyson.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfew. 5 solid days of windsurfing in a row and a 3 hour SUP surf session this morning. I am done.

Honestly I didn't even windsurf today, after supping this morning we came back to see the Pipeline Billabong Pro live stream was up online and the Surf in Hawaii was macking we did the full on siesta thing all afternoon......
Well actually Tyson went out and taught a waterstart lesson (the most dreaded and energy sapping of all lessons) while I chilled out.

But back to the awesome SUP day, we rocked the fast right off the Buffadore all morning, just Tyson, Dave Tyburski and I. Solid waves and no one went on the rocks......more than once. The mellow left in the bay was rocking toO, but the right was where it was at.

I will post some of the pics from yesterday....different from the ones from ...ah crap I don't even know what day it is.

But ya windsurfing from yesterday and SUPing from this morning.

Enjoy. And don't drool on the keypad. Ha.

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 7.08.13 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  831.43 KB
 Viewed:  15551 Time(s)

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 7.08.13 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 7.08.43 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  629.13 KB
 Viewed:  15550 Time(s)

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 7.08.43 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 6.56.12 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  895.37 KB

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 6.56.12 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 12.41.29 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  561.07 KB

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 12.41.29 PM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 12.45.55 PM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  599.95 KB

Screen shot 2011-12-08 at 12.45.55 PM.png

caustic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyattmiller wrote:
Well actually Tyson went out and taught a waterstart lesson (the most dreaded and energy sapping of all lessons) while I chilled out.

Wyatt, that's only because you guys are in the water helping the student get the rig setup for each water start attempt. I don't recall any of my water start instructors doing that.

Anyone in La Ventana needing a lesson should consider Tyson and Wyatt. They are as good at teaching windsurfing as they are at doing it.

Mike
capetonian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if you learnt this instructor's technique you'd enjoy giving waterstart lessons more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEXMaOOJQck&feature=youtu.be
PoorBoyUS22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: ALL TIME LA VENTANA!!! Reply with quote

So remember the last time Wyatt and I said it was the best day down here in La Ventana? That was about a month ago and I really did think that it would not get any better... Well, it just did! These last three days have set a new standard for what a "really good day" is here in La Ventana.

The forecast had been saying that it was going to blast last friday. In fact, it was forecasted to be the windiest I had ever seen it here. We didnt want to get our hopes up, just to be let down, so we just planned on it being "good". Since the forecast was only one day, I didnt think it was going to bring waves with it either. I couldnt have been more wrong! (check out the pics below)

On Friday, we had wind averaging in the high 20's, gusting to the high thirties! The windiest I have ever sailed here. Wyatt said that was the biggest wind and waves day he has ever had, and he has been coming here for over 9 years! With this wind came some logo high waves breaking out on the second sandbar, just in front of the campground. It was insane!!! Sailed for 4.5 hours that day!

With the wind being more offshore, you could actually get some good waves rides in.

Thursday came along with the same conditions. The wind was a lot steadier and the waves were pumping in a bit more organized. I counted 9 turns on one wave! In La ventana!!! Both days we sailed until our arms fell off. Started at around 11 in the am and sailed till 4 or so. AMAZING AMAZING DAYS!!!

Yesterday was a bit smaller and lighter, but still a lot of fun. We sailed up in front of Palapas Ventana because the waves were holding on the sandbar a bit better up there. Still, by our old standards, yesterday would have been another one of the best days on the water, ever.

Today, the wind backed off so it is off to the surf break with the SUP's to hopefully get some of the tail end of that swell. What a Christmas Gift!!!

Happy Holidays to you all and hope you enjoy the pics!!! (if they load properly)

Wyatt jump Tyson Wave ride.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.51 KB
 Viewed:  15081 Time(s)

Wyatt jump Tyson Wave ride.jpg

Wyatt Back Loop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.49 KB

Wyatt Back Loop.jpg

UFO.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.11 KB

UFO.jpg

Wave Ride.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.35 KB

Wave Ride.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: