myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Matt Pritchard @ Crissy & Coyote - September 14th-20th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Matt and Coyote Reply with quote

devengadula wrote:
it's almost 2.30 and time to make a decision here, but it is a very difficult one to make. Can I just say for the record that I miss Coyote. What is happening to it lately? It has been the worst Coyote season for the last 8 years, since I've been tracking it. It could still come up, but what time?
Crissy was great yesterday if you wanted to be on 8.0 or bigger. We will go to Crissy because it looks like the only place to go at the moment. In the flood and requiring large sails, but if Coyote comes up Crissy will as well. 3rd Avenue channel shows below 10 at the moment so we can't risking going there.
See you at Crissy, if you can make it...

I was hoping to see Matt and you at Coyote. I went there and sailed my 6.5 on my middle board for 1hr 35 min. It was fine once I let out a bit of down haul to neutral (I had it tight in case it was blowing harder than it looked). Not epic but fun enough.

Maybe better wind there today.

Tell Matt that Kirk from Los Altos, CA (we met in Maui in March/April) said Hi.

http://kirklindstrom.blogspot.com/
coyoteandre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devengadula wrote:
Bad call yesterday. Crissy was fogged in and very uninteresting, although sailable on 9.0. Coyote did come up although late. We have decided to go to Coyote today for sure. We will get there by 4pm and will wait for wind, if necessary.

It is 2:45 PM, wind at Coyote at 2 was 17 mph gusting 25 from W 270 .
at 2:33 wind dropped to 14 mph from W 260. I think that it will come up.
I'll see you at Coyte before 4 pm as planned.
bil7y

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Pritchard at Coyote Reply with quote

A few photos of Matt at Coyote Point Today
http://www.waterhound.com/sessions-water-blogs/waterhound/sailed-with-matt-pritchard-today.html
gerritt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coast yesterday was very windy w/ sails ranging from 4.2 to 4.7. Waves from zero to head high from the SW. Possible repeat for today, but I'm not feeling as confident about the wind. Probably worth the drive, as the Bay sites are even less reliable.
SWE106

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
Coast yesterday was very windy w/ sails ranging from 4.2 to 4.7. Waves from zero to head high from the SW. Possible repeat for today, but I'm not feeling as confident about the wind. Probably worth the drive, as the Bay sites are even less reliable.

Yep, yday I was almost OP-ed for an hr on my 5.0 and 85Q at 'Guns (which I had all for my self). I don't remember when the last time was when I was wave-sailing with that much wind... Then it died to near zero and came back up 45min later for 5.0 and 95Q. Waves disappeared though... but were between headhigh+ and flat in between sets for me first 1hr!

Today bigger S swell and NWS still forecasts 10-20. Could be real good.
devengadula

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is 12:30 pm and we are leaving San Francisco, and most likely heading to Davenport.
cachaocachao

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devengadula wrote:
It is 12:30 pm and we are leaving San Francisco, and most likely heading to Davenport.

If you decide to stick around today, I might look at crissy or the stick as decent bets.

UPDATE: nevermind, too much fog through the gate

Last edited by cachaocachao on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
hemmy007

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devengadula wrote:

Good call with the low tide early in the afternoon.
(it is a somewhat high low 3+ ft).

Later in the day yesterday the higher tide killed the surf as it was almost breaking on the rocks.

See you down there.
SWE106

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for visiting W first, that was a fun ses ya!? How was D?
devengadula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been windsurfing for 12 years and somehow I've never made it to the coast prior to yesterday. It is quite a drive if you live in SF but it is worth it, especially if you can dial in on those long session days. It is a wetsuit place, that is for sure. We loved them both, Waddell and Davenport. I have to say honestly that I can't figure out how you guys deal with that seaweed. My board was like a rake pulling that crap and slowing me down but that probably had a lot to do with my fin shape. It was clear further outside, so that was where I stayed. Matt had a lot of fun and finally a solid windy day. One of those houses at Davenport beach would be my first choice for a second home. Not that I have to worry about it but I'm curous, what is the cost of such real estate?
It was great meeting you guys.
We are hoping that Crissy will have wind today and tomorrow and we would get there early, to catch that ebb. That is our plan but it could change and we will update it later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: