myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Matt Pritchard @ Crissy & Coyote - September 14th-20th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devengadula

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, tomorrow we may really try to go to Coyote if it is good because Wednesday we are stuck at Crissy and yesterday Crissy was not exciting. However, on Wednesday, if it is windy we will sail down to TI and hopefully one of you can give us a ride back? We might as well call of that photographer friend of ours becasue there was not much going on by NT yestereday and Wednesday does not look good. Also, a guy who sails the coast all the time told me that Waddell and Davenport did not have any waves lately. Who knows, maybe we will have to go to the Delta. It is nuking this morning... I have a feeling that the weekend will be great at Crissy. We may have to start early to catch that ebb.
coyoteandre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Matt Pritchard in San Francisco Reply with quote

Thank you Deven for great news. Welcome to San Francisco Matt.

I just found Matt's story about his previous visit to San Francisco in 2008.
http://www.pritchardwindsurfing.com/

San Francisco
Written by Matt Pritchard
Saturday, 09 August 2008
I just spent a week up in the Bay area and what a blast that was! The wind blew the entire week and I got to meet TONS of great people and see how GREAT the sailing conditions are. I wasn’t aware that sailing was an everyday affair out there..... if you have never been, you gotta check it out.
My week started with a clinic at the Boardsports School at Coyote Point. We had a solid turnout on Saturday with about 50 people showing up. I don’t know if they were there for the free food or to listen to me blabber but nonetheless, it was a good time for all. I did a Tips and Tricks class that is a question/answer/beach demonstration of how to do whatever moves the audience asks about! We talked about equipment set up, jibes, tacks, jumps, loops, volcans and everything in between. The wind was blasting that day and everybody had a chance to get on the water and practice what they learned! We also did a Tabou demo with the 3S boards and that was a big success....

I finally hit the water around 6pm and was pretty lit up on a 5.6 Remedy and 3S 97 LTD. We sailed way out in the middle of the channel and it just kept on getting windier. I was pretty surprised to see this 68 year old dude named Andre come flying past me on his 1989 North Infinity sail complete with a 1991 Mike’s Lab board- he was handling the conditions like it was a walk in the park- we sailed around out in the Chop, got some big jumps and headed back to the beach. After what seemed like 5 miles to get back in, my back leg was burning as I fought to hang on- Andre didn’t seem affected as he told me all about the good ole days...... That was inspiration- Go ANDRE!!!

The next couple days I floated around the bay, scoring at 3rd Ave and Coyote and even hit Davenport on the coast. I was hurting for some waves and my buddy Ruben and I made the trek. We were well powered on 5.0’s but the waves were pretty small. Some head high sets were rollin in but it was nothing like the stories I have heard about that place....I could easily see the potential and will definitely look forward to a nice south swell for next time. One thing I noted was the level of sailors- these guys know what’s up. They know what a real turn is and most all of them were RIPPING! That was good to see.
All in all we timed it perfectly-everyday was windy and the bay impressed me- See you guys next year!
As we know in 2009 Matt could not come to San Francisco to sail with us.
He was busy recuperating from injuries.

current wind info
SFO wind http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KSFO.html
OAK wind http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KOAK.html
Delta wind http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/KSUU.html

enjoy my video when weather gets bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ2yQ3RaLzE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2HHZmTC3nQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmM4iPPnMbs
experiments with a cam mounted on the nose and mast,
the cam with housing was 13 pounds at the tip of mast, uphauling sail was a nightmare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1TqWy2shug

I hope to learn forward loop before I learn to jibe...See you on the water.
Andre
Photos below show Matt and Kevin at Waddell competition. May, 1996.

Waddell_winners_1996.jpg
 Description:
on the left Matt and Kevin Pritchard at Waddell competition in May 1996. Ian Boyd on the right. Don't remember name of local winner, help! Photo by Andre Volant.
 Filesize:  55.18 KB
 Viewed:  15116 Time(s)

Waddell_winners_1996.jpg

Kevin_Matt_at_Waddell.jpg
 Description:
Matt an Kevin at Waddell May 1996,
photo by Andre Volant.
 Filesize:  128.7 KB

Kevin_Matt_at_Waddell.jpg

Matt_US10.jpg
 Description:
Matt US-10 doing race
 Filesize:  101.06 KB

Matt_US10.jpg

Matt_wave.jpg
 Description:
Matt doing wave
 Filesize:  74.05 KB

Matt_wave.jpg

Matt_at_Coyote_corrected.jpg
 Description:
Matt Pritchard at Coyote Point, Aug. 2008. Photo by Andre Volant.
 Filesize:  97.47 KB

Matt_at_Coyote_corrected.jpg

Last edited by coyoteandre on Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
devengadula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's almost 2.30 and time to make a decision here, but it is a very difficult one to make. Can I just say for the record that I miss Coyote. What is happening to it lately? It has been the worst Coyote season for the last 8 years, since I've been tracking it. It could still come up, but what time?
Crissy was great yesterday if you wanted to be on 8.0 or bigger. We will go to Crissy because it looks like the only place to go at the moment. In the flood and requiring large sails, but if Coyote comes up Crissy will as well. 3rd Avenue channel shows below 10 at the moment so we can't risking going there.
See you at Crissy, if you can make it...
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say hello to Matt from the "big guy". You guys should be sailing in Malibu....Last 3 days 20-25.
windbetty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will be hosting a FREE MATT PRITCHARD freestyle land based clinic at Coyote this Sunday 9/19 4:30-6pm. We will also be cookin up some bbq food ($20 for bbq including chicken,ribs,steak,beers) to celebrate the end of the worst wind season i have seen in the bay area...RIP 2010.

WHAT: MATT PRITCHARD & BOARDSPORTS FREE FREESTYLE CLINIC
WHEN: 4:30-6pm COYOTE PT BOARDSPORTS SHOP
DATE: SUNDAY 9/19
BBQ: $20 for beers, chicken, ribs, steak (beer and meat, what else?) but we will have some veggies for those who insist on good healthy livin

See you there!!!!
Jane

--
Boardsports School & Shop
Alameda - San Mateo - San Francisco
Voted "Best of the Bay"
http://www.BoardsportsSchool.com

mattCOYOTE.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  96.37 KB
 Viewed:  15092 Time(s)

mattCOYOTE.jpg

coyoteandre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Matt Pritchard @ Crissy & Coyote - September 14th-20th Reply with quote

How was Crissy today Tue, 14-th ?
Coyote was as reported here:

San Franc Airpt/ Coyote Point
Tue. Sep-14-2010
SFO local time
7:00 PM WNW 17
6:00 PM WNW 20
5:00 PM WNW 21
4:00 PM WNW 21
3:00 PM WNW 16
2:00 PM WNW 14
1:00 PM NW 13
Noon WNW 10

Andre
coachg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jccormier wrote:
We will also be cookin up some bbq food ($20 for bbq including chicken,ribs,steak,beers) to celebrate the end of the worst wind season i have seen in the bay area...RIP 2010.

See you there!!!!
Jane

--
Boardsports School & Shop
Alameda - San Mateo - San Francisco
Voted "Best of the Bay"
http://www.BoardsportsSchool.com

I guess your pain was our gain. My 4.0 got a work out in the Delta this year. Usually collects dust. Laughing

Coachg
devengadula

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad call yesterday. Crissy was fogged in and very uninteresting, although sailable on 9.0. Coyote did come up although late. We have decided to go to Coyote today for sure. We will get there by 4pm and will wait for wind, if necessary.
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coyote was sailable yesterday from 3 o'clock on.
gerritt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got the wave itch, today's your day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: