myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sherman Island swap meet y'all
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poussin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Sherman Island swap meet y'all Reply with quote

Hey y'all!

How about doing a big swap meet at Sherman Island access on say......
Saturday the 11th? I guess that IS Sept 11th......well then maybe Sunday the 12th?
Anyone up for it? Ya know.....bring all of the gear that you are hoarding but don't really use. Bring a BBQ and of course don't forget the beer!

It could be a great end of the season get together followed up by some time on the water of course. And it's always fun to look at the different gear and say:"I remember that board".....yada,yada-but hey, anything is fun to talk about when you have beer in hand and wind-a-waiting! And who knows...you might just find that extra boom you've been looking for.

Waddya say.....shall we do it?

Greg

Very Happy
airwave

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
windsass01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to do it but I only have modern gear. Is it ok to sell anything newer than model year 1998?
Arrgh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windsass01 wrote:
I'd like to do it but I only have modern gear. Is it ok to sell anything newer than model year 1998?

It's ok to try.
BLARBR119w

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm for it. I am looking to buy some stuff. And I get paid on the 10th.
poussin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring anything you've got-it's all good!

I think we should do it on the 11th since it is Saturday and it just seems like more people are out and not thinking about work the next day.

The lawn area next to the entrance could be a good spot to spread gear out on.

So , to recap......Swap meet at Sherman, Sept. 11th.....bring all and any gear....bring all or any beer.......set up on lawn......bring cash.....or beer...
chat.....buy....sell.......and then SAIL!
jayden123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: swap meet! Reply with quote

im in for buying old gear!! Cool
vestel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Lawn Area? Reply with quote

Is the lawn area you are talking about the Access. Below the levee, right below the entrance to the County Park? If so, sounds good, count me in.
poussin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually thinking about the lawn are inside the park since you can back right up to it and spread out your gear. But why not use both areas? There's no limit. Of course the parking spots can be filled up with people not
doing the swap meet, so inside or outside the park should work. It just means a bit of strolling back and forth I guess.

The key to a good swap meet of course is abundance. It will be better organized if we know how many are interested in order to pick a dedicated spot etc.

Hey, you guys at Delta Windsurf Co. game for this? If so, you could help
us keep a dedicated spot open for the swap? (Just askin').
Could be good for you guys as well. (hint, hint)

So who's in?

C'mon y'all-let's show some enthusiasm!
deltawindsurf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A swap meet sounds like a great way to close the season! You should speak to the Rio Vista Windsurfing Association (rvwa.com) about reserving space for such an event. They lease, maintain, and preserve access for windsurfers and kitesurfers at all of the launches that the we use such as Powerlines, the Sign, the Access and even the County Park. If you're serious about holding an event you should give them your support if you haven't already. It's only $20 a season to join!
We will be closing our doors September 26th, then appointment and online sales only. However, all sailors should know that we always have a consignment section for windsurfers and SUPers to buy and sell used gear.
This was a great summer for wind! Hopefully we'll get a few more good days this month before we all head to Baja.

Jon S.
Delta Windsurf and Watersport Co.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: