myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Outer Cape Windsurfing Report - 6/13/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Outer Cape Windsurfing Report - 6/13/09 Reply with quote

For today and untill further notice (accoring to NOAA), windsurfing has been cancelled. It's been so long that beginner leasons may required again.

However, excellant conditions prevailed at the Mini Malibu / Orl Municipal Country Club. Waist + to Waist ++ and clean in spite of a feable NE breeze. In fact the waves were maybe better than last week, the air was warmer, the water was warmer and no crowd. Last week's surfing champ Mac, another guy Tom and myself. They both quit early then a couple of x-box gens came out. We got the better of it.

Only one SUP came out to play just as I was heading home.

RC
outcast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has been fun\
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the SUPer Bowl 6:30 am until 8:30am. Really nice just me two other SUPer's and some seals.
Thinking about getting back on it this am.
- JE Very Happy

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Outer Cape Windsurfing Report - 6/13/09 Reply with quote

ron.c wrote:
For today and untill further notice (accoring to NOAA), windsurfing has been cancelled. It's been so long that beginner leasons may required again.
RC
You may want to take a night school class in editing. However, with big new equipment you might have been able to windsurf Friday. At least I had a good session with my '06 Naish Icon 160 and Loft 9.3. Thanks to the new 520 100% Carbon Gaastra Mast I bought from Inland Sea at an excellent discount last fall, I'm able to utilize the optimal capabilities of this sail. There's nothing like blasting in the straps while a kiter can't get upwind and resigns himself to a walk of shame. Wink
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Outer Cape Windsurfing Report - 6/13/09 Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
You may want to take a night school class in editing.

Brucie, you might want to take a day school class in life skills, such as logic, thinking, communication, writing, speaking, grace, charm, poise, polish, and diplomacy.

You might also consider a course in "How To Earn A Living Wage Rather Than Live Off Mom."

sailing wrote:
...bought from Inland Sea at an excellent discount last fall...

Is this before he kicked your cheap, annoying, abrasive, useless ass out of his store?

It's no wonder that you buy stuff at good prices..... you bother the sales people so much that they'll do anything to be rid of you.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that surf related activities are also on hold. East wind from now until who knows when.

The presistant east wind is starting to makes things a little "scruffy"

A break is what I needed today. Hamstring, hips lower back, left shoulder all on the mend after yesterday's effort.

Corrections welcomed.

RC
outcast

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went to the Club today played the back 9
had killer fog sesh last nite
reason is you can surf junk on sup, and the junkier, the better for practice.....last nite wasn't junk though today definitely qualified
i don't know what the name of the bull is that hangs there, seen him a few times now, but that is one motherfckr of a seal...let me know on several passes that i need to show more respect to the locals

flaherty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go west , young men!
A Cape Cod windsurfer, actually windsurfing, in the Gorge![url][/url]

DSC_0046.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Viewed:  12645 Time(s)

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Viewed:  12645 Time(s)

DSC_0011.JPG

sailingjoe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that you are enjoying your retirement, Flaherty. However, as I tried to suggest in this thread, that remains one long way from the Hub. Love the Pics. We could load up a boxcar with equipment, perhaps, and send it out there for the summer!!!!!
pueno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
We could load up a boxcar with equipment, perhaps, and send it out there for the summer!!!!!

Brucie, perhaps we could load up a wheelbarrow with you and send it to Nigeria forever. You'd get along just fine with those scumbucket scammers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: